Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Also, no, you don't deserve to be the target of a harassment campaign just because you've expressed SJW arguments. Not that I even know enough about Leslie Jones to even say she is one. Jesus christ dude, even if they were the hardest of the hardcore SJW, they still don't deserve to be the target of a concerted harassment effort. That mentality is one of a psychopath.
    Thats awful hypocritical since the main avenue of attack of SJWs is harassment. Someone says they dont agree with gay marriage and the SJWs harass the person, call their employer and harass them till they fire the person, attack them on all types of social media, picket in front of their house, call with threatening messages etc.... Whats good for the goose......

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Those are the fake ones, try again.
    As far as i know, those are real tweets.
    and i can't find anywhere that they are fake, neither did she say those are fake

this was the fake tweet:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I imagine all muggles are to wizards.
    I imagine you thought this was terribly clever but jokes on you cause I got magic and you don't sucker!

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Freedom of speech only applies to your own platform. If I own a stage, twitter, or a mere soap box on the street, I can kick you off it if I like.
    Not really - that's freedom to associate.

You also must concede a loss of interest in the spirit of free speech.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Thats awful hypocritical since the main avenue of attack of SJWs is harassment. Someone says they dont agree with gay marriage and the SJWs harass the person, call their employer and harass them till they fire the person, attack them on all types of social media, picket in front of their house, call with threatening messages etc.... Whats good for the goose......
    Wow, so Milo is an SJW, I'm glad you admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Indeed, the conspiracy that Twitter is banning conservatives left and right is so laughable. Yeah, Twitter really wants to get rid of a huge chunk of their userbase

Exactly, I agree. Its just that when someone is an ass to other people and gets banned, they yell about how its because they belong to "X" political party and it turns into a conspiracy to ban all of that party, its ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I mean there's not a specific sentence he used that got him banned. He posted doctored images of the woman saying homophobic/racist things, which when presented to his large follower base, worked them into a frenzy and they started tweeting her with images of gorillas and pictures of her face with jizz all over them. It was open and shut harassment.
    But the OP and article say he got suspended for being racist. I haven't seen anything racist from him. I really want to see what exactly he said, that was racist, that got him banned, as the topic says he did. I find the guy amusing, even though he is a bomb thrower politically. I don't want to be a fan if he said racist things. Therefore, I want to see them but it seems he didn't really say them at all, and this thread is just a lie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Yeah it was lol

If you're censored, you lost a freedom. If you're banned, you lost that freedom. If you don't like certain opinions, you don't allow the freeflow of opinions, and thus don't allow freedom of speech. This is pretty basic stuff.

They were exercising freedom of association, moreso. Maybe that's why you're getting mixed up?

edit: keep in mind I just so happen not to care about racism being banned on twitter and beleive it's their right to do this. Just don't pretend this isn't losing freedom of speech.
    I wasn't aware Milo is no longer able to speak or post on any social media. My bad, I guess in that case if he has been completely silenced from ever expressing his opinion anywhere then yes, his freedom of speech has been infringed.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    But the OP and article say he got suspended for being racist. I haven't seen anything racist from him. I really want to see what exactly he said, that was racist, that got him banned, as the topic says he did. I find the guy amusing, even though he is a bomb thrower politically. I don't want to be a fan if he said racist things. Therefore, I want to see them but it seems he didn't really say them at all, and this thread is just a lie.
    Oh well the article is full of crap then. His followers that did the harassing are straight up racist assholes but idk about Milo himself. Twitters direct statement was about him inciting harassment

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I wasn't aware Milo is no longer able to speak or post on any social media. My bad, I guess in that case if he has been completely silenced from ever expressing his opinion anywhere then yes, his freedom of speech has been infringed.
    Lol. Not even sure if you're awake yet... Come back later when you're less groggy.

I honestly never got this whole sudden "ethics in journalism" issue that gamergate is supposedly about.
    I am always against corruption but this specific issue seems to be much more about hatred coming from both (all?) sides.

Big companies like EA, Activision, Ubisoft (and many others) have bought their way into journal articles and game reviews for decades.
    For decades no one really gave a damn about these multi-billion giants releasing broken games and flat-out buying 12/10 reviews that are obviously dishonest.

Then some half-ugly chick releases a shitty game and perhaps buys a fake positive review from some no-body reviewer, and the planet goes up in flames?!
    Why suddenly care about that tiny incident when the same stuff has been committed by giant corps for years?
    She literally did what the big game companies have been doing for ages, except she perhaps fucked instead of paying in dollars.

Why did the whole gaming community explode because some female nobody bought a review from some other nobody?
    Pretty much every game company out there has done such a thing at least once in their existence, and gamers never gave a damn about it.

I honestly do not get either side in this whole gamersgate conflict.
    Both sides make very little sense if any at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hell you on about m8 this isn't a GG thread go to the megathread for that

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    We dont have freedom of hate speech, and for good reason.
    yeah they couldnt exactly handle it, remember the whole world war thing?

with great power comes great responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I honestly never got this whole sudden "ethics in journalism" issue that gamergate is supposedly about.
    I think you have the wrong thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Wow one douchebag patting the back of another. Was Molyneux going to try and get Milo to join his cult?
    You're upset because I said the tweet was interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I am always against corruption but this specific issue seems to be much more about hatred coming from both (all?) sides.

Big companies like EA, Activision, Ubisoft (and many others) have bought their way into journal articles and game reviews for decades.
    For decades no one really gave a damn about these multi-billion giants releasing broken games and flat-out buying 12/10 reviews that are obviously dishonest.

Then some half-ugly chick releases a shitty game and perhaps buys a fake positive review from some no-body reviewer, and the planet goes up in flames?!
    Why suddenly care about that tiny incident when the same stuff has been committed by giant corps for years?
    She literally did what the big game companies have been doing for ages, except she perhaps fucked instead of paying in dollars.

Why did the whole gaming community explode because some female nobody bought a review from some other nobody?
    Pretty much every game company out there has done such a thing at least once in their existence, and gamers never gave a damn about it.

I honestly do not get either side in this whole gamersgate conflict.
    Both sides make very little sense if any at all.
    i'll clue you in....

its the sex part

corporations dont fuck their way to a good review. she did. that is why the drama became so big to you kids. me personally dont give one fuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    i'll clue you in....

its the sex part

corporations dont fuck their way to a good review. she did. that is why the drama became so big to you kids. me personally dont give one fuck.
    Actually she didn't, unless she screwed him so hard that he got sent back in time (which would be awesome btw), but that doesn't matter to you kids, and this isn't the place for it anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    You're upset because I said the tweet was interesting?
    You see upset in the post do you? Here let me help you I was mocking both of them. Any other posts I need to explain to you?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    We dont have freedom of hate speech, and for good reason.
    there is no such thing as "hate speech" only speech. words cannot hurt you. Get over yourself and stop embracing fascist/totalitarian ideas. Censorship for "feelings" is juvenile and just plain silly. Hell even some of the moderation on forums like this one for the sake of "feelings" is insanity. I don't care what you say to or about me,i will tell you to fuck off and move on. Freedom of speech should be almost literally sacrosanct and untouchable especially if it is offensive or annoying.

Once again, a freedom of speech issue that boil downs to the right to scream incoherent racial slurs....

Pretty damn sure that ''freedom of speech'' meant for the Fathers of the Constitution stuff like ''Georges III taxes sucks'' and not ''I'm going to take my musket and shoot in the head the daughter of Alexander Hamilton''

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BattleSaint View Post
    there is no such thing as "hate speech" only speech. words cannot hurt you. Get over yourself and stop embracing fascist/totalitarian ideas. Censorship for "feelings" is juvenile and just plain silly. Hell even some of the moderation on forums like this one for the sake of "feelings" is insanity. I don't care what you say to or about me,i will tell you to fuck off and move on. Freedom of speech should be almost literally sacrosanct and untouchable especially if it is offensive or annoying.
    I would like to know what give you the impression that fascists were over protecting the ''feeling'' of people ? They send squadrists beat up journalists....