Page 99 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Let the country burn.
    Turkey? Why? Let's hope not or we're fucked.

I will ignore conspiracy theories about how Erdogan actually planned the coup. But there are two things of note:

1. 50k people detained or asked to go/removed from posts? Far from just the armed forces? He simply is using coup as a chance to remove all those, who disagree with his "policies".
    2. You cannot draw up such lists so fast. They had them before.

Time for EU and USA to take a stand. Turkey is not THAT relevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I will ignore conspiracy theories about how Erdogan actually planned the coup. But there are two things of note:

1. 50k people detained or asked to go/removed from posts? Far from just the armed forces? He simply is using coup as a chance to remove all those, who disagree with his "policies".

Ahahah turkey is not THAT important? Turkey is Europe's frontier to the chaos. Millions of refugees are currently in turkey and maaaaany more are prevented getting to us thanks to turkey. European's plan of diversifing gas import goes through Turkey, and they control access to the black sea.
    Its probably THE most important country in this part of the world, at least from a geopolitical point of view

Exactly what i was thinking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    There seems to be a pogrom of all kind of governmental employees going on.

The question is this: Is it true when some countries claim that there was already a list in place of people to be purged?

If you think about it, he is doing it WAAAAAY too fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turkey is incredibly important. They control the only sea route in and out of the Black Sea. They provide land and sea trade routes that don't have to go through Russia. They're the gatekeepers protecting Europe from the chaos of the Middle East. They have the 8th largest military in the world. They're a reasonably successful Muslim country that demonstrates an example of reason and secularism in a region that is otherwise full of Islamist theocratic dictatorships. Jordan is pro-Western too, but still a benevolent dictatorship.

Turkey is incredibly important and relevant.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    All Turkish academics are now banned from traveling abroad.

https://www.rt.com/news/352218-turke...cs-ban-travel/

It's a shame this coup didn't succeed. Turkey is, not so slowly, becoming a dictatorship. Who needs freedom of movement anyway?
    So it seems Kuntantee isn't going to leave the sinking ship after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

But I thought tennisace said it was good the coup didn't succeed and that the coup failing was great for democracy? Do you mean he lied?

And we now have a 3 month state of emergency. Which, of course, will continue on well beyond three months. Par for the course for dictators to get rid of that pesky democracy thing.

we have 3 month state of emergency, and lot of ppl celebrate it..

Turkey is huge madhouse..

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    So it seems Kuntantee isn't going to leave the sinking ship after all.
    Good thing I am not in academia these days, I will come to Finland, take your women and use your welfare.

What is going to happen after the emergency?

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    What is going to happen after the emergency?
    No one knows. Erdogan is likely to exploit this situation.

---

@Acidbaron, I am still waiting for you to link me the post that I praise cemaat's schools.

@Ulmita @Easo
    Those lists had been prepared 2 years ago. Our 2 newspapers againsts Erdogan and their writers. They just showed it yesterday. The list indicates arrest for those people but the places where those people work dates back to 2 years ago. The list is not new at all. 1 of them is especially funny that they have a dead person to arrest

And if I was Greece right now, I would give those soldiers back. You need to give up some of your values. Really. Europe is experiencing this crisis right now. Tolerant people's tolerance towards intolerant people. Turkey is the one hardest hit. Never in any country this much tolerance has been shown to religious lunatics by tolerant people. See what it brought to Turkey? Our writers, academics said this shit was going to happen 23 years ago. People ignored or tolerated their activities. Now they are full out to wipe out secular turks. tough times.

In my opinion if europe keep doing the same mistake that turks had done, same shit will happen. The countries are polarized badly. Britain already %49 to %51. Turkey is same. I am sure if a real vote happens to your countries as well you will see the division.

and it is just flat out terrible for europe, usa or any country to not openly condemn erdogans actions. Just because we are allys there is 0 critic. Because we are allys there should be more criticism. Openly. I wonder if we didn't have this refugee crisis, would your politicians still be silent about erdogan? Man up, stop tolerating. In turkey those zealots has always been saved by democracy and see what happened?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    No one knows. Erdogan is likely to exploit this situation.

---

@Acidbaron, I am still waiting for you to link me the post that I praise cemaat's schools.
    You posted somewhere around the start of this thread or when the coup was going that they were one of the few places to get a decent education.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You posted somewhere around the start of this thread or when the coup was going that they were one of the few places to get a decent education.
    actually, their education was good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    we have 3 month state of emergency, and lot of ppl celebrate it..

Turkey is huge madhouse..
    This will give the Dutch erdo-turks even more reasons to celebrate and harass anti-erdo/pro-gulen turks.

Fuck.

They're going to have to build more prisons. Or ditches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I just looked through his post history in this thread. He's said nothing positive about Gulenists/Cemaat the whole thread, but lots of bad things.

It's possible you're thinking of someone else.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I just looked through his post history in this thread. He's said nothing positive about Gulenists/Cemaat the whole thread, but lots of bad things.

It's possible you're thinking of someone else.
    Can very well be that i confused him with another turk, not that many active at least on political threads though.

@Acidbaron
    Maybe you misunderstood something but anyway, I think we don't have any erdogan or gulen clowns in mmoc.