Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Artifacts are mostly passive bonuses and doesn't really change anything (and add the fact that it takes months on every single char). Unless you pvp you are stuck with mostly the same things as you currently have
    You get the main ability right away. You can also easily get 2 of the golden dragon talents in the first week or two even if you play little. It does of course slow down a ton after that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I tried a few specs today and really didn't like the pruning at all (I play on EU). Granted I don't really know which talents to take or not but something felt off (like I was dishing 40 k DPS where I did 100 k before the patch).
    They didn't prune abilities to the extent you are thinking.

One, they shuffled things around. You had fireball as a frost mage. Yeah, that's dumb. You get frost moves. They took away a few frost moves, but they gave a ton of new talent choices that are viable. They did this for ever class. You have, what I think, real decisions now. No longer is 1 tier ALL MOVEMENT abilities. It's movement, mitigation, and damage but all with enough upside to want to see what works best.

There is a lot to like about the new system and how it interacts with the core fantasy of being a specific spec. A firemage shouldn't be casting frostbolts, or talenting into Fire based talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    What the movie was expected to do was bring in new players. If it became clear that wasn't going to be happening to the extent they expected then budgets could have been trimmed.
    You are making a big assumption there. It was designed to make money. You don't spend a few hundred million to make a 2 hour commercial for a game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Already a 22 page post on the US forums, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747524601 and is the first negative pre-patch in wow history...
    There's never been a negative thread and criticism about a pre-patch before? Ever? Come on.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Ugh...

snip
    Ok, NOT trying to be an ass about it, but just wanting to clarify a bit... so your problem is that for casual pvp (unrated arenas, BGs, etc) you cannot get the best gear? I mean, it IS casual pvp though and not meant to be a progression system. Rated BGs and arenas are progression pvp content. You do those if you want the best gear similar to how you do heroic/mythic raids and mythic+ dungeons for pve progression. Yes, some people only want to do casual pvp (myself included), but I guess in reality I shouldn't expect to have the best gear from a content that really isn't considered end game. And someone coming in to unrated BGs in some LFR gear vs someone with only heroic dungeon equivalent pvp gear is only a couple % difference. Not enough to totally change the tide of battle.

People complained that the classes were too homogenized and now they complain when abilities are taken away. I wonder how you can make each class and spec feel unique again without removing abilities. I am sure Blizzard would like to know. What I don't like is seeing a level 100 talent that used to be a free ability.

I have never been a fan of the idea that every class needs a special rotation. There were plenty of people having a lot of fun before rotations were really a thing. You are supposed to be focused on the boss and it's mechanics, not a silly rotation. They explained why they limited the camera zoom and it makes a lot of sense, so I don't have any issue with that either.

Taking away the carrot on a stick for the PvPers seems like a bad idea to me. I understand that they want PvP to be more accessible, but I don't think its going to increase PvP participation. Those that are bad at PvP will continue to be bad with baseline ilvl, and they will largely move on anyway. The dedicated PvPers seem like the ones who will be losing out. We will see how it goes though.

Well I don't like that we are tuned to have artifact weapons and I'm not a fan of the camera distance nerf but it was a pretty smooth patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I think the camera is a bit of a kneejerk reaction? As the distance can be scaled back more in the interface, and any head-bob can be turned off.
    I'll bet 90% of people complaining about the camera haven't realised that yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    this exactly : / weve got all the bad thing about legion now, but once legion launches, its nothing but good from there on
    Yeah but I'm afraid some plays will not give Legion a chance because they didn't like the pre-patch... I think it was a mistake not to start the pre-patch with content (at least Broken Shore or a other kind of "warm-up" for people).

On the patch: I mostly like it, IMO gameplay of many specs has improved (for instance: Arcane Mage, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, both Fury and Arms Warrior) but some are weaker... it's all a matte of taste, I also like the glyph changes, it's good not to be limited to 3 minor glyphs.
    Last edited by mmoc0ffe054cb1; 2016-07-20 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Takarazuka View Post
    Ok, NOT trying to be an ass about it, but just wanting to clarify a bit... so your problem is that for casual pvp (unrated arenas, BGs, etc) you cannot get the best gear? I mean, it IS casual pvp though and not meant to be a progression system. Rated BGs and arenas are progression pvp content. You do those if you want the best gear similar to how you do heroic/mythic raids and mythic+ dungeons for pve progression. Yes, some people only want to do casual pvp (myself included), but I guess in reality I shouldn't expect to have the best gear from a content that really isn't considered end game. And someone coming in to unrated BGs in some LFR gear vs someone with only heroic dungeon equivalent pvp gear is only a couple % difference. Not enough to totally change the tide of battle.
    Regarding your "a couple %", a simple illustration - a difference of 10% is a difference between full honor and full conquest. Go and feel it, you are going to lose to a copy of yourself but in conquest rather than honor pretty convincingly and 10 times out of 10. A difference of 5% (just "a couple %" in your words) is a difference between 4p + one trinket + weapon and full conquest. Go and feel it, it's noticeable as well. And Legion has more than just gear that contributes to these "a couple %", way more (ie, an artifact can add 15% easily, that alone is more than the entire gear difference in MoP / WoD and in Legion it just comes on top).

My problem is that I can't get best gear for rated PVP, and that most of my gear comes from raids. Because I am not a glad. I don't care about raids, but I have to do them, because otherwise I am ungeared.

My other problem is that folks who raid higher than I do or get luckier than myself with RNG modifiers have an advantage over me (a not insignificant one, 2-3% is not small) *in random BGs / rated BGs / arenas*. They don't do PVP, I do, but they have an advantage over me in PVP. Nice.

My next problem is that I have to choose the spec I want to PVP with from the beginning and stick to it, because getting alts up to speed is way worse than before. In MoP / WoD, getting up to speed meant playing arenas / rated BGs and getting catch up conquest, that's fast. In Legion, there's an artifact, there are talents, and gear is behind ratings - pushing rating, for example, means that I am facing not just the gear difference like in MoP / WoD, but also the artifact / talent difference. So, in the end, catching up an alt again means raiding. And I am a PVPer, I don't care about these stupid raids...

And I didn't even get to ability pruning yet...

Why the F did they screw everything up? Really, I want them to work on PVP, but with respect to these changes even if they just did nothing at all and left things completely unchanged, it would have been much better. Instead of, I don't know, fixing balance or adding some content, they spent their time adding grinds and gates and whatnot all over that are making things worse instead of better. GG, I guess.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-20 at 04:22 PM.

I love the changes. I was one of the people who said I wanted player housing. That got shit on with garrisons and handled really poorly. WoD put me to sleep, shortest sub time I've ever had and I gave it a few tries. Just hated it. Never said that about any expansion and I've been playing since 05. Got into the legion beta... no idea what the fuck people are complaining about. I love everything I've seen except one minor thing: cap/helmet toggle no longer in the menus. Big deal. The class changes for ret paladin make me feel like I'm actually wielding a big weapon and there's collision and weight behind my actions. It's amazing. I feel like a paladin now. I actually no longer avoid all unnecessary combat like I was before. I ENJOY the game now. People need to stop whining like entitled babies. Legion is going to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfury View Post
    I loved the pre-patch - except for the tuning on healing. I felt appropriately powerful before the patch - now content that used to be trivial is not, and mythic dungeons / mythic bosses are quite a bit more difficult. Regrowth hits like a wet noodle. It's only a minor complaint, though - I mean, the wardrobe, new graphics, and talents are pretty cool. Just tuning seems really, really off. In the beta my resto druid had way less gear than my live char - and feels way more powerful healing dungeons.
    Tuning issues have been there for each pre patch. Wod prepatch hunters had to be buffed temporarily and there was various bugs.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't mind any of the general changes to the client, or the game engine, my biggest problem is I'm really not happy with my rogue main which has been my main on and off since TBC, Not a big deal, but I really was hoping I would enjoy outlaw more

I didn't read the patch notes, just the class changes. I was disappointed there was actually ZERO content with the Pre-Legion patch.

It's very simple.

1) People don't like feeling weaker.

2) People don't like losing useful abilities they have had for years.

3) People don't like a hugely hyped patch that gives them nothing new to do.

Sometimes Blizzard just doesn't understand player mentality at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sytrilix View Post
    I have no clue if this is right or not but a guild member did mention its tuned for 110 + artifact weapon so we will all be doing around 40k DPS or so with the pre-patch.
    However, every pre-patch before this has made current content easier, not harder. After all, current content is what we have for 6 weeks. There's little point in playing those weeks if things are harder to do and they're the same things you've been doing for 15 months.

Also, it's terrible PR to make people feel worse during the patch.

My only complaint is that Terrible idea of not being able to switch Talents without having to be extorted tons of gold by my realms fucked up inscriptionist's

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I didn't read the patch notes, just the class changes. I was disappointed there was actually ZERO content with the Pre-Legion patch.
    When has a pre-expansion patch EVER included new content beyond the pre-expansion event that rarely starts on patch day anyway?

15+ Year Old Account
    Only reading the first page from the US whining thread and already i'm scratching my head in bewilderment.

Playing the game I have loved for over a decade, through thick and thin, makes me physically ill because of the changes to the camera. I want to enjoy all of their hard work. I can't.

Please take that to the developers.
    This. . post has 134 likes at the moment. I'm playing the same game, and i have no camera issues, because nothing has changed with the camera. Sure, when i logged in the camera was stuck up my character's butt, but i went to the interface and fixed that quickly. One hundred and thirty four people have upvoted a post claiming that they get physically ill playing a game that hasn't changed.

Bonkers.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    It's very simple.

1) People don't like feeling weaker.

2) People don't like losing useful abilities they have had for years.

3) People don't like a hugely hyped patch that gives them nothing new to do.

Sometimes Blizzard just doesn't understand player mentality at all.
    Blizzard understands ppl bitch over change every time while at the same time bitching if they didn't receive any.