Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Only issues I have are that Beastmaster spec for hunters suck so much and the Wardrobe feature hasnt picked up all the clothes my mage has gathered over the 11 years I been playing him...

I am missing a hell of alot of items, I wont believe that in 11 years I only have 4 pages of chest pieces, no way. Got loads of old screen shots of my mage and there are some stuff missing, including all the tiers :P

Other than that so far nothing to report. As for worst, I still think nothing has been worse than those that whined on the zombie event for pre-WotLK. This is nothing compared to the hate that got, which is sad as I loved it.
    Except for quest items unless you actually have the item in your inventory or void storage you won't get the item added to your wardrobe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Only reading the first page from the US whining thread and already i'm scratching my head in bewilderment.

This. . post has 134 likes at the moment. I'm playing the same game, and i have no camera issues, because nothing has changed with the camera. Sure, when i logged in the camera was stuck up my character's butt, but i went to the interface and fixed that quickly. One hundred and thirty four people have upvoted a post claiming that they get physically ill playing a game that hasn't changed.

Bonkers.
    The max camera distance was reduced significantly, if you used a console command to make it go further previously. For me it's not all the way to making me physically sick in raids, but it certainly is very uncomfortable as I've played with the old camera settings for almost a decade.

7+ Year Old Account
    *disagree with the OP.

im happy, and so are many from my guild, we are just having to LTP with the new changes like most others, .. the max camera thing is a pain, but.. unless they change it, and its not looking like it will change. we will just have to deal with it.

Only reading the first page from the US whining thread and already i'm scratching my head in bewilderment.

This. . post has 134 likes at the moment. I'm playing the same game, and i have no camera issues, because nothing has changed with the camera. Sure, when i logged in the camera was stuck up my character's butt, but i went to the interface and fixed that quickly. One hundred and thirty four people have upvoted a post claiming that they get physically ill playing a game that hasn't changed.

Bonkers.
    Before the prepatch (supposedly since vanilla but I didn't play then so I don't know) there was a command you could enter: /console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 60, and that would increase your zoom beyond the default zoom. When people say they don't like the new camera what they are actually saying is they don't like not having that command anymore to give them the increased zoom. Could it be giving them motion sickness?

Simulator sickness is a subset of motion sickness that is typically experienced by pilots who undergo training for extended periods of time in flight simulators. Due to the spatial limitations imposed on these simulators, perceived discrepancies between the motion of the simulator and that of the vehicle can occur and lead to simulator sickness. It is similar to motion sickness in many ways, but occurs in simulated environments and can be induced without actual motion.
    source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulator_sickness

I guess so, it doesn't affect me in that way so I don't know.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing that I agree with is camera distance. That thing gave me a headache this morning when I tried to play my rogue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    The max camera distance was reduced significantly, if you used a console command to make it go further previously. For me it's not all the way to making me physically sick in raids, but it certainly is very uncomfortable as I've played with the old camera settings for almost a decade.
    So you're saying that the only thing that changed is the distance. Do you play zoomed all the way out? Like really really far away from everything?

I did use a console command myself to make it go as far away as possible before, but only because i could, and wanted to see how it's like. I usually play pretty close to the character, sort of like the GTA games.

I take your word for it, but i still find it very hard to believe that the distance being lowered makes people sick.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

The loss of..

-Draenor Perks
    -Major Glyphs (that had HUGE game-play alterations)
    -Interface Options
    -Character Customization Options
    -Talent Removals

Has killed my motivation to play the game anymore

Sigh... The camera distance is terrible and I knew it would be. I'm OK with most other things and the new xmog system is great. Why did they have to go and do this with the camera distance. It's annoying and was not necessary.

Maybe you should read the notes?
    It gives you all old QUEST rewards that you already completed and deleted.
    It doesn't give you all the old tier sets that you deleted.

Also I like the BM spec and its even better on the Beta when you get your artifact running.
    I also like BM hunter. Better than the old one, and another button for the pet if you take dire frenzy is fun for arenas and 1v1s.

If people are complaining they are doing so regardless of any changes. Ive been playing this game for 10 years and outside of getting use to new talents, specs, and rotations this game is at a high point..

Camera issue, I do not have any issues using ElvUI. I can scroll to max camera distance like before..

Its day one, pull your inpatient panties out of your crack.

Deleted
    I still can't stand the fact that I have to re-learn my class each time an expansion is released...

10+ Year Old Account

Bonkers.
    Except you're wrong. It HAS changed. Not in the UI but the distance is now capped and can't be set to be further away than the UI allows whereas before you could set it much further out using a macro.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745744692#18

Whiners gonna whine. Those threads aren't unexpected to Blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsierx View Post
    Sigh... The camera distance is terrible and I knew it would be. I'm OK with most other things and the new xmog system is great. Why did they have to go and do this with the camera distance. It's annoying and was not necessary.
    It's really not that bad. Assuming you set camera distance to max in interface settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Whiners gonna whine. Those threads aren't unexpected to Blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

It's really not that bad. Assuming you set camera distance to max in interface settings.
    I'm not seeing what the big difference is. Did they change the fov or something?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it why they have to remove so much stuff. Needs more stuff, not less. If they remove 2 stats for example, they should implement 3 more new stats in their place to keep variety and customization high.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It's class changes.

They are hit and miss even on a normal day, but given that this time the theme was ability pruning... let's just say they are way more miss than hit.

The Legion comes. Just wait until the first month after launch when it becomes clear to everyone that they were waiting all this time for another WoD.
    Yea sure.

/10char

The most annoying thing about this patch is how ludicrously overtuned the tank damage is. To reach the same levels of survivability that we had in 6.2, we'd need a game wide ~60-75% reduction in damage taken. As a 740 prot paladin, my combined self healing is about 10% of what it was in 6.2, and my overall mitigation is much lower too. SOTR reducing magic damage is cool though.

People saying they can't hit 60 FPS:

Something was changed.

GTX 970. Exact same settings as live. Exact same performance. DO NOT Turn up the View Distance/Environment/Ground Clutter Sliders past 7. You still see the items pop-in regardless, so it is pointless to do it and drains FPS. Do not play with any AA except MSAA x4. Do not change Render Scale to go over 100. Do not change Render Type.

I am getting the exact same performance I was getting before. Exactly the same. I have seen no memory differences outside of Stormshield, and that is because of the people, not the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    camera is annoying. zoom and FoV

The talents are kinda weird. pvp is garbage atm (even with artifact i see on twitch 3v3 arena streams its weird as hell)

exapnding on talents, yeah you can make a lot of active abilities from talents - therefore giving you lots of buttons, but they are ALL rotation abilities. So now you have way too many buttons to press. Whereas before, all the extra buttons were cool like totems and other stuff that weren't super situational, but weren't main rotation - perfect balance. Take for example the enhance shaman. he lost every utility, side ability and stuff and now has like 5005405 copy-paste melee abilities, or just go passive.

transmog is good
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Already a 22 page post on the US forums, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747524601 and is the first negative pre-patch in wow history.. but is that really the view of everyone in NA? or just those who don't like the class changes? I'm guessing it's the latter, but it has many upvotes

For returning players, and new players the class changes as I expereinced them are actually quite fun, easy to get into, more fun than before, better animations etc. But I know they don't seem all that great at the beginning, adn really need the context of artifact weapons, full pvp talents, and ofc the wonder of the Broken Isles and the story fully hit.

in my estimation, this is the worse it's ever going to be, ,because every other aspects of the expansion are highly praised, and the new class changes, take a while getting into , including maximising your artifact weapon, so all in all people will greatly appreciate it in the end. But will it be too late? i wonder

Most of the complaints seem about camera view and motion sickness. is it genuine or staged?

- - - Updated - - -

If this ultimately fails, are we goign to see wow developed for Asia and Europe mainly and not the U.S.?
    Covert nation bashing post.