Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

XP lock restrictions for battlegrounds are gone

Just took my 11-year old level 29 twink to battlegrounds for the first time in a long time, with level 20s up to 29s. No more XP lock restriction bullshit.

Deleted
    Yeah, that will make the 11-19 bracket a nightmare now for all none-twinks out there. I mean, more then it was before when it was heirlooms vs no heirlooms. Not sure if I like this but I still understand why. The queues for twinks must have been horribly long.

Quote Originally Posted by dawdiiio View Post
    Yeah, that will make the 11-19 bracket a nightmare now for all none-twinks out there. I mean, more then it was before when it was heirlooms vs no heirlooms. Not sure if I like this but I still understand why. The queues for twinks must have been horribly long.
    Uhh..yeahno. Template PvP is here, man. A guy in whites has the same stats as a twink. Your stats are adjusted to the top of the bracket and set at the heirloom item level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I'm confused. Have they removed the XP lock completely (the NPC) or just the splitting off of the locked and non-locked players?
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Also, my 29 paladin twink is wearing a level 60 warrior set. The new transmog system is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Wait, I'm confused. Have they removed the XP lock completely (the NPC) or just the splitting off of the locked and non-locked players?
    The split.

NPC is still there.

Deleted
    Although... I didn't get another BG, with an average queue time of 12 minutes, and waited for half an hour. That might be because people were doing all kinds of other stuff rather than play low level BGs. Still, my character is XP locked, and I did get one game with people of all levels, so I doubt any of them were XP locked.

Has anyone else queued up an XP locked character since the prepatch came, and gotten in a BG with people who clearly aren't locked? Just to confirm this, I mean.

I'll be trying more BGs later on myself as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Uhh..yeahno. Template PvP is here, man. A guy in whites has the same stats as a twink. Your stats are adjusted to the top of the bracket and set at the heirloom item level.
    The prepatch notes poorly worded it, in game it says your ilvl determines your stats

It's less than before, but gear still matters a small bit

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Also, my 29 paladin twink is wearing a level 60 warrior set. The new transmog system is fun.

Hah, didn't think of that. Rock out with Tier 1 or 2 or something on a new character. That'll make leveling more interesting IMO.

Deleted
    So, yeah, I did another BG and it had a 26 guy. Lots of 29s, but they did confirm that the XP lock restriction has indeed been lifted. Looking at people's health, I had pretty much exactly the same amount as everyone else, so twink gear does not make much of a difference anymore.

EDIT: I'd have to say gear and levels do make a difference still. I'm pulling 2-3x the damage of the #2 on our team. Also, best fun to be the only properly geared character on our team, against 5-6+ twinks. Sigh.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-07-20 at 03:29 PM.

Too bad I leveled my 39 twink long ago :/ Will be interesting to see how the lvl 20 twink fares though...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

So does this mean twink will get more activity ? will people like it more.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So does this mean twink will get more activity ? will people like it more.
    Probably less because gear will make them even less powerful than before. Which one of the big reasons people twink is to overpower others. I'd say twinking is near-death right now.

The XP on / XP off different brackets is gone indeed. But also 'twinking' is different now, because now you are given a predetermined set of stats.

How well you are twinked out doesn't matter how well enchanted you are anymore. Twinks usually had good gear, but new patch changes how you gear now. It now comes down to 1 thing and 1 thing only: Item level.

Also, heirlooms don't count towards item level.

So the way to twink now is get the absolute highest item level piece you can for each given slot (doesnt matter if it has bad stats, only item level matters) WITHOUT heirlooms. I had 21k HP pre-7.0 in 50-59 bracket, now I have 6.5k hp because of the heirloom bug bullshit, so I'm running hellfire peninsula and zangarmarsh for high ilvl gear.

Also, I need a confirmation if any enchants at all work. The new character sheet is missing 2 decimal places now, and doesn't include all the stats relevant to your character anymore (including movement speed) so I have no clue what works and what doesnt.

nice, so that grand master gurubashi trinket on my 19 twink may get some use again? That way it wasn't for nothing at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Probably less because gear will make them even less powerful than before. Which one of the big reasons people twink is to overpower others. I'd say twinking is near-death right now.
    Meh....was hoping to cash in a bit on it. Havent really been in that market before...just you know, did some crafts for people cause I have a massive LW collection, and 1 guy said "you should make it for AH"...no sale yet but a few.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Which one of the big reasons people twink is to overpower others.
    Yeah. This is a complete false narrative. The actual point of it is to choose a level and min-max your character to that level with the tools that you have available. The idea that we do it to "overpower others" is BS perpetuated by bitter little people who couldn't kill a properly geared twink.

When I used to play my twink in vanilla, and got Sergeant at 29 (albeit it didn't require too much work), we had a group of guys with which we played BGs, and we typically did like 2v5-10 fights on random BGs. As big of a group as we could find, to even the odds. However, the main idea was to have twink vs twink battlegrounds. Not be steamrolling random noobs on random BGs.

Of course when you play on a character in a certain way, at a certain level, for hundreds upon hundreds of hours, you get a bit better at it than your average Joe, and when that average player then decides to challenge you 1v1 and dies, of course they're going to be bitter.

And, yes, of course then those bitter little people will think "fuck it, I'll become a twink too so I can wtfpwn people." But they're not the real twinks in this equation. They're just bitter little people who are trying to push that bitterness on to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Meh....was hoping to cash in a bit on it. Havent really been in that market before...just you know, did some crafts for people cause I have a massive LW collection, and 1 guy said "you should make it for AH"...no sale yet but a few.
    Most pieces are heirlooms, so there's really no cashing in that much. My 29 paladin has two Arathi pieces (boots, belt) and the ring which is either Arathi or WSG, BoP gloves, and bracers from a BG box. Rest of the gear is heirlooms. There really are no BoE that anyone could sell, that would be worth buying anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-07-20 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah. This is a complete false narrative. The actual point of it is to choose a level and min-max your character to that level with the tools that you have available. The idea that we do it to "overpower others" is BS perpetuated by bitter little people who couldn't kill a properly geared twink.

When I used to play my twink in vanilla, and got Sergeant at 29 (albeit it didn't require too much work), we had a group of guys with which we played BGs, and we typically did like 2v5-10 fights on random BGs. As big of a group as we could find, to even the odds. However, the main idea was to have twink vs twink battlegrounds. Not be steamrolling random noobs on random BGs.

Of course when you play on a character in a certain way, at a certain level, for hundreds upon hundreds of hours, you get a bit better at it than your average Joe, and when that average player then decides to challenge you 1v1 and dies, of course they're going to be bitter.

And, yes, of course then those bitter little people will think "fuck it, I'll become a twink too so I can wtfpwn people." But they're not the real twinks in this equation. They're just bitter little people who are trying to push that bitterness on to others.

Most pieces are heirlooms, so there's really no cashing in that much. My 29 paladin has two Arathi pieces (boots, belt) and the ring which is either Arathi or WSG, BoP gloves, and bracers from a BG box. Rest of the gear is heirlooms. There really are no BoE that anyone could sell, that would be worth buying anymore.
    mm seems like that I making deviate scale belts...mats was like 100g on AH, see if they it sells cause recipe was removed.

Deleted
    Well, in the higher brackets some epics will be better than heirlooms obviously. I'm not sure how active the higher level twink brackets are. 39 and 49 used to be somewhat. Not sure about higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    It's literally something like every 10ilvl adds 0.1% stats. So gear really doesn't mean anything at all in PvP. As it should be.
    1 ilvl adds 0.1% stats
    So 10 is 1% :P
    BUt yeah its not much, specially not in the low level brackets since its way harder to get a 10 ilvl advantage