Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    This "Stop whining, and do the graft and hard work!" Is pathetic. Yes we realise in RPGs there is an element of grafting to get to where you want to be. But PvP isn't really an RPG just as raiding isn't RP what so ever if you don't want to RP (Which most don't). The PvP aspect of WoW at endgame is pretty much just a well detailed action game.

PvP is a sport. A test of who's the best. No one gives a damn about the non-human advantages you have. The 'graft' part a sport is honing your skills and being beaten by people because they outplay you and you must learn from that. It's called and equal playing field. The only sport I can think of where the non-human aspect is part of the sport is motor-racing. But the battle of innovation between team engineers IS the human aspect, which is why it still hits the right buttons.

Grinding gear or talents is completely different to honing your skills. One is through an equal playing field, the other is not.

I could have my ass handed to me on an equal playing field all day by someone who is superior. And I do on games like ESEA league CSGO. I'll get blown away by the better players and all I can do is hold my hands up and learn from it so that I can best myself. SOMETIMES they will have put more hours in than I have but so have players worse than me. But to have my ass handed to me purely because someone has a non-human advantage all day just isn't entertaining. And unless you have issues then it's not very fulfilling to triumph over someone with a handicap either.

I accept that taking away progression from the system completely is something Blizzard just isn't in favour of due to the nature of subscriptions. But this argument of "Stop whining and graft like the rest." Is so extremely sad. Were playing 2 very different parts of the game and it completely overflies the point. The very appeal of Player versus Player is testing your skill and wit versus another player.

Quote Originally Posted by Insurge View Post
    This "Stop whining, and do the graft and hard work!" Is pathetic. Yes we realise in RPGs there is an element of grafting to get to where you want to be. But PvP isn't really an RPG just as raiding isn't RP what so ever if you don't want to RP (Which most don't). The PvP aspect of WoW at endgame is pretty much just a well detailed action game.

PvP is a sport. A test of who's the best. No one gives a damn about the non-human advantages you have. The 'graft' part a sport is honing your skills and being beaten by people because they outplay you and you must learn from that. It's called and equal playing field. The only sport I can think of where the non-human aspect is part of the sport is motor-racing. But the battle of innovation between team engineers IS the human aspect, which is why it still hits the right buttons.

Grinding gear or talents is completely different to honing your skills. One is through an equal playing field, the other is not.
    Stopped reading there. A better player will get the farming part over and done with quicker which will secure them an advantage and put them ahead of the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    Stopped reading there. A better player will get the farming part over and done with quicker which will secure them an advantage and put them ahead of the curve.
    You are talking about not a better player but a player who has time to do this. Eg, for an alt.