Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I'm not seeing what the big difference is. Did they change the fov or something?
    From what i can gather, it's now impossible to view your character from planet Mars. You can still view it from the Moon though.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

In general I'm loving the patch so far, sure there are some things I wish they hadn't changed (RIP raid buffs, seriously why did that need to be changed? Now there's going to be token Paladins in every raid) but I'm loving the updated Shadow Priest too much right now.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz'll probably hotfix the camera by week's end at this rate.

Beyond that I haven't seen any complaints beyond the usual "Wahhhh my class is broken in PvP."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Blizz'll probably hotfix the camera by week's end at this rate.

Beyond that I haven't seen any complaints beyond the usual "Wahhhh my class is broken in PvP."
    They got a fuck ton of complaints when they added it in beta and they didn't change anything because "it gives an unfair advantage over people who don't know about it"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You are making a big assumption there. It was designed to make money. You don't spend a few hundred million to make a 2 hour commercial for a game.
    Of course. But I wasn't saying that was the purpose of the movie.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Camera distance is really, really bad. I don't really have any other complaints aside from the classes feeling incomplete with the lack of artifact weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytrilix View Post
    I cannot speak for NA playerbase but a lot of the players on my EU server were complaining about things such as the new talent system, the UI and camera issues. I personally am not a fan of the camera change as I did use mine fully zoomed out with the additional tweak before it was removed but so far it has not given me a headache and such but will take some time to adjust to it.

There is a long thread on NA I believe about the camera issue and a blue replied on to it saying all constructive feedback etc is welcome but considering it had over 1,000 replies I do not think they will change it still.

In all, it seems EU will complain about it too and only just having it available for us you will see the backlash from it no doubt too.
    Yeah, i read that thread. "Constructive criticism" means they're not doing fuck-all about it - Watcher has decided, that's the way it is - and he's probably going to be aggressive about not going back on that decision, and this will be Flying 2.0. They learned NOTHING over the course of WoD.

I'm surprised by the mood overall. New expansion, that looks hands and shoulders better than the last, new class, pre-patch, new goodies like the transmog system, class overhaul...yeah, the NA forums are a bit moody right now. I thought and expected a bigger positive response.

Granted, the changes are for content that's not out yet, so the overall thing I'm seeing is that classes are pretty much borked until Legion opens, and people's plans for farming and PvP for the next couple of weeks are screwed.

I'd say, give it a week, see what the mood is then.

Camera distance now makes me feel like I'm trapped in a way. I'm so used to seeing more, but now it feels as if I used to be able to lean back more, but someone stuck bricks in the way so I can't.

Also Ret paladin currently makes me cry every time I go to hit Hammer of Wrath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    They got a fuck ton of complaints when they added it in beta and they didn't change anything because "it gives an unfair advantage over people who don't know about it"
    So why not let people who don't know about it know about it instead of taking it away from people who do?
    Oh I'm sorry, this is Blizzard we're talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    So why not let people who don't know about it know about it instead of taking it away from people who do?
    Oh I'm sorry, this is Blizzard we're talking about.
    Because that would be the way normal people act. And as you said, we are talking Blizz-retard here. I wonder that they don't just have a fixed camera setting and say: "live with it or go"!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    When has a pre-expansion patch EVER included new content beyond the pre-expansion event that rarely starts on patch day anyway?
    Hmm dunno, but when has a pre expansion patch EVER followed an un-supported expansion which managed another yr long content drought.

Those who are happy are online playing. Not on the forum complaining.

I'm ambivalent to the class changes. After playing warlock for my whole wow life I'm numb to/used to total class rewrites every expansion and even mid expansion. I might not like some or all of the changes, but it isn't something Bliz is ever going to change. They just enjoy totally redoing how we play our class.

I do think encounter tuning is still off. Last night instead of progressing in upper M HFC, we spent most of the night wiping to Iron Reaver. I know part of this is due to the camera changes and class unfamiliarity. However even with the nerfs people seemed to be dying to a lack of cooldowns, including tanks.

The camera thing is what irritates me the most. While I don't have physical problems as other players do (vertigo, headaches, eyestrain, queasyness), I'm not happy. What is the point of making awesome encounter rooms and detailed boss models when all I end up getting to see is the boss's knees and the floor? Even with the slider bar in options its pretty bad. They need to compromise and increase the power of the slider bar. Even if it isn't as far out as those with the macro were able to go, something where I can actually see the boss I fight would work. That or they need to stop designing bosses the size of a house. Every fight feels like the final fight in DS where we heroically fought against Deathwing's toes (slight exaggeration).

I'm having a great time. Still waiting for the rest of the pre patch content though.

As for others, there are so many people that don't go on MMO-C or the official forums and have no idea what's going on, then they log on during the pre patch and have no clue about the class changes or anything else.

I'm sure the main complaint is the camera distance and that makes perfect sense, but there's still a lot of people out of the loop who have no idea what's going on when pre patch hits and they get upset because their class changed. Happens every pre patch. Still, camera distance is a major complaint and it's tacked on with this pre patch so it makes sense to see complaints.

I honestly wish they just let the people who didn't know about the console command know about it so everyone could have the choice of using it or not while everyone has knowledge of it.

As for the actual pre patch, it hasn't really started yet. We got system changes but no actual content aside from doomsayers, so we still have to wait for that.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-20 at 07:17 PM.

All complains that you have people... don't worry... its just a prepatch, it will get fixed when legion is released /facepalm

I don't like the camera changes at all, that's my only gripe so far.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Its unfortunate, but it is Blizzard's fault. Although it wasn't nefarious.

Class right now are really heavily balanced around artifacts, namely because artifacts are so incredibly powerful and will be the most integral thing about your character in Legion.

And right now we don't have artifacts.

camera change makes it unplayable now, especially with how gigantic they've decided to make bosses in WoD. We're intended to be fighting Archimonde's hooves? I suppose the rest of him is up there in the clouds somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    camera change makes it unplayable now, especially with how gigantic they've decided to make bosses in WoD. We're intended to be fighting Archimonde's hooves? I suppose the rest of him is up there in the clouds somewhere...
    Be sure you go in to interface -> camera and adjust the max camera distance if you haven't already. It defaulted to as close as possible.

Looks like Legion will be a bigger failure than WoD.
    The only hope for this game is Legacy Servers.