Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

The day Blizzard killed the RP community. Patch 7.0.3

So some of you might know that there are RP servers where people can Role Play their characters, in some of the most populated RP realms, Stormwind, as an example is one of the mains HUBs that bring many of the roleplayers together to create their stories and share them. I, as a casual roleplayer, have usually seen Stormwind with more than 100 roleplayers spread through Stormwind daily (at least in Argent Dawn realm) but with the recent patch 7.0.3 this has come to an end.

The CRZ apllied in factions capitals (Cross Realm Zone) has made it so you can not longer see people from your server in Stormwind, so from the more than 100 people you could see, you would now not even see an 1/8 of the Roleplayers making the natural hubs for casual roleplaying useless.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...24623?page=1#1

I know most of you won´t even care about this but I thought is was worth mention it. The RP community is known to be small but know, after this change, it will sure get smaller.

Deleted
    Sorry, but its not worth a mention.
    No one gives a shit about the weird role playing weeboo's.

infracted
    Last edited by Splenda; 2016-07-21 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Considering this is a Role Playing Game I think it was actually interesting to point out, but yes, you are right. Not even Blizzard cares. Sigh*.

Deleted
    I hope they fucking revert this Change, this is horrible. But Blizzard showed that they don't give a fucking about the MMO Part and only want people to play a Singleplayer-RPG without socialization!

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry champ, But it obviously is worth a mention, And people obviously do give a "shit" about RP, this may surprise you, But WoW is an "MMORPG" And yep, If you look really closely, You'll see "RP" In that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    I hope they fucking revert this Change, this is horrible. But Blizzard showed that they don't give a fucking about the MMO Part and only want people to play a Singleplayer-RPG without socialization!
    They should revert it but not for the reasoning behind you. There is still socialization, people just don't want to generally. Can't force people to socialize, just can't.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish4ever View Post
    So some of you might know that there are RP servers where people can Role Play their characters, in some of the most populated RP realms, Stormwind,

So why not post your tale on the OFFICIAL forums link you linked to in your OP and help the Blue who is trying to get to the bottom of the issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    So some of you might know that there are RP servers where people can Role Play their characters, in some of the most populated RP realms, Stormwind, as an example is one of the mains HUBs that bring many of the roleplayers together to create their stories and share them. I, as a casual roleplayer, have usually seen Stormwind with more than 100 roleplayers spread through Stormwind daily (at least in Argent Dawn realm) but with the recent patch 7.0.3 this has come to an end.

The CRZ apllied in factions capitals (Cross Realm Zone) has made it so you can not longer see people from your server in Stormwind, so from the more than 100 people you could see, you would now not even see an 1/8 of the Roleplayers making the natural hubs for casual roleplaying useless.

I know most of you won´t even care about this but I thought is was worth mention it. The RP community is known to be small but know, after this change, it will sure get smaller.
    5.0 killed the RP community, not 7.0. CRZ is the root of all evils in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    More cross realm zone crap killing off parts of the game? Jesus Christ. At this rate Legion will fix the lack of content and kill it's self with terrible mechanical issues.

I don't RP myself, but for those who does, I really hope Blizzard will be fixing this.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Wait, what? This happened? No one in my guild has mentioned it at all. I guess we've been distracted by all the changes, but are you seriously telling me that cities are now populated with randos from different servers rather than people from MY OWN SERVER? Why? Just... just why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I can imagine how bad that must suck. I would bring this up to Blizzard, I feel like this is the LAST thing they would want happening. If they have to do CRZ, they might at least just link only RP servers together.

10+ Year Old Account
    This hasn't been an issue at all for me on Moon Guard or Wyrmrest Accord. I think a large part of it is that the double-whammy of low populations on the other RP servers, coupled with the massive sub loss through WoD, has led to more players migrating to the Big Two (MG Alliance and WRA Horde are, respectively, the two biggest RP populations in the NA realm pool), leading to a feedback loop where the other servers' communities shrink more and more, which is why they're CRZing with other servers, including non-RP servers.
    Last edited by Thage; 2016-07-20 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Clarification about realm pools
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I'm annoyed I couldn't macro my puzzle box of yogg saron into my spell rotation anymore. (RP'd being mad from seeing yogg, dem whispers man)

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Wow, I can imagine how bad that must suck. I would bring this up to Blizzard, I feel like this is the LAST thing they would want happening. If they have to do CRZ, they might at least just link only RP servers together.

That seems like a reasonable compromise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    All they care about is how populated the game looks to new players. They could give a shit about current subscribers because they already have your money.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine Blizzard does. Why would they create RP servers with it's own rules if they didn't? You're just being an ass.

Seems pretty reasonable thing to suggest Blizzard to revert it. Mixing normal realms with RP ones seems like a bug to be honest. I mean, how would you even enforce the RP realm rules? They would be pointless with CRZ bringing normals into the mix.
    Last edited by Santti; 2016-07-20 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I've never done RP as I never saw the appeal, but the whole point of having RP servers is to be able to do RP there. If CRZ broke that, it was probably unintended and you should report it on official forums.

That's rude.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Not that I give a flying fuck about RP'ers but I still feel sorry for them. Maybe they are only going to CRZ RP with RP the same as pvp is tied with pvp? I hope RP survives because what other community is as salty and easy to troll =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    So why not post your tale on the OFFICIAL forums link you linked to in your OP and help the Blue who is trying to get to the bottom of the issue?

I did and I also linked the link to a thread on the official forums, I am only sharing these news to a wow-ralated forum.