Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Sorry, but its not worth a mention.
    No one gives a shit about the weird role playing weeboo's.
    I hope the thousands of other posts have been more productive than this, what a negative human being.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the game a lot more when I would always see the same players and see members of rival guilds randomly through the world map. you would develop you own rivalries Same or Opposing factions. Now you could have same routine as other player but you probably wont see them more then once a week. The whole cross realm thing is terrible as it doesn't feel like MY server anymore. You could transfer my character to a different realm and I wouldn't notice a difference.

Ah, that would explain why i'm seeing 200 different realms when Im running thru Stormwind. Its pretty stupid if you ask and I don't even Rp. If Blizzard wants a larger pop then merge a few more servers other wise get rid of the illusion that the game is actually populated because its not..

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Wow, I can imagine how bad that must suck. I would bring this up to Blizzard, I feel like this is the LAST thing they would want happening. If they have to do CRZ, they might at least just link only RP servers together.
    Too bad it's already like that... RP are only link to RP. Wait, are people on MMO-C complaining for ... nothing, that must be a first...
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

At the very least only pair RP servers with RP servers -- but even then that can be troublesome for events and larger scale RP. If Blizzard truly paired RP realms with non-RP realms they dun goofed. Although honestly it's better if RP servers are on their own and just cobbled together -- it's kind of important to be on the same realm for that kind of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Was about damn time, go use the zones that blizzard has given you instead of hanging out in Stormwind.

- True RPer

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    Was about damn time, go use the zones that blizzard has given you instead of hanging out in Stormwind.

- True RPer
    I can just see the oozing sarcasm from over here.

I read something about the CRZ only being there, until the Pre-legion events are over.

The dreadlord event needs some people around, to make it "fun" ;-)

I have a feeling this will be removed or reverted after Legion launch, at least for the capital cities. I would rather have this happening for two months or so with a (hopefully) smoother launch with people split up. Fingers crossed it doesn't last long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought CRZ was to make more people appear in one place in less populated areas. Not the other way around.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Wow, I can imagine how bad that must suck. I would bring this up to Blizzard, I feel like this is the LAST thing they would want happening. If they have to do CRZ, they might at least just link only RP servers together.
    No, apparently it is with other RP servers. The issue is however, most low population RP servers have no RP going on in them anymore, and the communities for each active RP server are very separate and have their own communities. With this change, you can no longer see your own friends and guildies in cities unless you're in a group. You can no longer meet other people by using your roleplaying add-ons because most people are from other servers (and there's no cross-server support), and people from your own server are phased.

This is a serious issue for roleplayers, who are by far one of the most consistently subbed groups in the history of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    No, apparently it is with other RP servers. The issue is however, most low population RP servers have no RP going on in them anymore, and the communities for each active RP server are very separate and have their own communities. With this change, you can no longer see your own friends and guildies in cities unless you're in a group. You can no longer meet other people by using your roleplaying add-ons because most people are from other servers (and there's no cross-server support), and people from your own server are phased.

This is a serious issue for roleplayers, who are by far one of the most consistently subbed groups in the history of WoW.
    Damn, that's even worse. Can't think of an easy fix for that...

Sorry, but "aspect of the game should be ignored by Blizzard because I don't play or understand it" is terrible logic. I don't PvP, should I say the same about that and call pvpers sweaty neckbeard tryhards? Doesnt take a genius to see that RP has a large part of the community behind it.

Anyways, I often find that RP servers feel the least empty because everyone is doing something in many different parts of the world, rather than sitting queued in a cap city like most other servers. Given this, i'd say OPs concern is a valid one if CRZ is actually causing folks from the same server to disappear. However, I thought the point of CRZ was to bring more population into servers -- your description of the problem sounded like the exact opposite.

*Edit* Oh, people are saying RP server players are being replaced by randos from normal servers? If so, then that's fucking horrible, and I dont even need to be an RPer to fix that. I can imagine how hard it would be to roleplay with others in your community if it's melded with another community where everyone is like ol' Woozie21. Should take this post to official forums and have Blizzard hop on that shit.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2016-07-20 at 07:43 PM.

I played on RP servers because Blizzard used to state they would handle stupid as shit names. As a former Lead GM from 2005-12 I did my best to uphold that promise in internal policy.

Unfortunately right click report has basically made me feel like Blizzard doesn't care. Couple that with a few years of frustration of not seeing names changed, and you've basically created a learned behavior for players on RP realms to never report names because nothing happens unless they are flat out offensive.

You mean roleplaying in Stormwind like this?
    https://youtu.be/lnZSROAhBWs?t=445

Except it doesn't only affect roleplayers. Cities are now way more empty than they were before. On a high-pop realm there would usually be around 20-30 people standing by AH or bank in Stormwind's trade district. Now, there's like 5.
    Big cities are most pretty when they're full of people, not when they're empty.

Not just that. World PVP may also be impossible. If you have two raid groups on both factions then they may not be able to see each other because of phasing.
    Last edited by CalasEU; 2016-07-20 at 08:51 PM.

Best change of the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10/10 shitpost here, if you dont care why are you here?

I do not RP but I feel for those that do.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post

You have a source for this?