Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    because we can expect them being there 24/7 to pick up something like this every single minute of the day?
    People are muted and then it gets sent to an employee. when this employee gets into the office he will take necessary steps.
    Thats how its supposed to be, but of course people feel the need to bitch and moan about nothing.
    THEY stated that the process would be reports > investigation > silence penalty.

What's happening on the realms is reports > silence penalty automatically applied > investigation.

That's vastly different in execution, and leaves the door wide open for abuse.

And yes, to accomplish what THEY posted was the process, I expect them to hire to get it done.

I'm trying really hard to not accuse them of lying in their announcement, but it's looking more and more like they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skWzi3o4oGI

lol, just what i expected.

people really need to protest this thing being in game. this is just a sickening thing.

Deleted
    In the email Asmongold showed it was even more fierce I think. At 4:13 the Blizzard email said "We will only overturn penalties if there is evidence of compromised account or extenuating circumstances. If you understand you can appeal >here<". So basically there is no investigation if the player himself doesn't apply for one?
    I wonder why Asmongold didn't talk about that more

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    2. The system creates a ticket and silences you in advance just to be safe.

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS A AUTOMATED SYSTEM ASMOGOLD YOU RETARDED PIECE OF SHIT?!
    Punishment comes before investigation. Automated.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    In the email Asmongold showed it was even more fierce I think. At 4:13 the Blizzard email said "We will only overturn penalties if there is evidence of compromised account or extenuating circumstances. If you understand you can appeal >here<". So basically there is no investigation if the player himself doesn't apply for one?
    This is probably an automatically generated e-mail regarding account actions, so the part you worry about might not necessarily mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why are people going to falsely punished? When a report is received it will be investigated that investigation will either support the player being silenced or it will not.

You keep saying that they are not prepared for this, not prepared for that, how do you know?

The vote kick system works for me in the majority of cases.
    This gets repetitive, but fine, one more go.

The vote kick system does not work for me in the majority of cases, you can ask others how well it works for them. People are abusing it left and right. Did it help any at all? Frankly, things like ninja pulling got worse, not better - perhaps not because of the system per se, but you certainly need a microscope and great imagination to see any positive effects from it.

I am saying that they aren't prepared for anything except maybe taking system off, because they haven't been prepared for anything ever. What, were they prepared with Ashran? Nah, that people disliked it was a big surprise to them. Did they do something sensible with it, according to the plan maybe? Nah, they tried ten things haphazardly, none really worked. Want another example? Fine, were they prepared for the launch of WoD, for Christ's sakes? Remember not being able to log in or lagging like hell in the first few weeks? What, did they patch it quickly, had plan B maybe? Nah, no plan B, they had to make something on the spot, that's why it took weeks. Really, I can continue for years. When they have any kind of plan is an exception rather than a rule.

Regarding "why are people going to be falsely punished" - what I am saying is that they either take the time to investigate reports (of abuse) or they don't. If they take the time to investigate reports, it's a no go because it's too much time, period, not going to discuss this further, I said plenty why already. If they don't take the time to investigate reports and punish by some automatic criteria, there are going to be false positives - that's the answer to your "why". So they won't take the time to investigate reports and won't punish anybody for that - and if they also leave automatic silence induced by players, that's going to be abused, and so they will tone it down to something insignificant or turn it off altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this not the same system that has been in game for at least 5 years now? What is the likelihood of 30 people reporting you unless you're actually doing something that warrants being reported?
    A raid doing it for fun / purpose. I said this already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    That's another lie from Blizzard, this time working in favor of the player.

Is this not the same system that has been in game for at least 5 years now? What is the likelihood of 30 people reporting you unless you're actually doing something that warrants being reported?
    i can very easily get 30 people during raid time to silence anyone.
    trust me...
    very easy

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    This gets repetitive, but fine, one more go.

The vote kick system does not work for me in the majority of cases, you can ask others how well it works for them. People are abusing it left and right. Did it help any at all? Frankly, things like ninja pulling got worse, not better - perhaps not because of the system per se, but you certainly need a microscope and great imagination to see any positive effects from it.

I am saying that they aren't prepared for anything except maybe taking system off, because they haven't been prepared for anything ever. What, were they prepared with Ashran? Nah, that people disliked it was a big surprise to them. Did they do something sensible with it, according to the plan maybe? Nah, they tried ten things haphazardly, none really worked. Want another example? Fine, were they prepared for the launch of WoD, for Christ's sakes? Remember not being able to log in or lagging like hell in the first few weeks? What, did they patch it quickly, had plan B maybe? Nah, no plan B, they had to make something on the spot, that's why it took weeks. Really, I can continue for years. When they have any kind of plan is an exception rather than a rule.

Regarding "why are people going to be falsely punished" - what I am saying is that they either take the time to investigate reports (of abuse) or they don't. If they take the time to investigate reports, it's a no go because it's too much time, period, not going to discuss this further, I said plenty why already. If they don't take the time to investigate reports and punish by some automatic criteria, there are going to be false positives - that's the answer to your "why". So they won't take the time to investigate reports and won't punish anybody for that - and if they also leave automatic silence induced by players, that's going to be abused, and so they will tone it down to something insignificant or turn it off altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

A raid doing it for fun / purpose. I said this already.
    Oh, well, if the vote kick doesn't work for you then it must not work for everyone else. Perhaps the reason it works for me is that I do not over use it?

You have no idea what their preparation comprises of. Repeating that they have not prepared does not make you correct. You're comparing two completely different situations. If there is one area where Blizzard does well it is customer service.

People get falsely banned from time to time, although not as often as some banned players would claim, after investigation the ban is overturned and the wrongly banned person is compensated. This will be no different.

Raids can do this already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i can very easily get 30 people during raid time to silence anyone.
    trust me...
    very easy
    You can already do this.

Oh, well, if the vote kick doesn't work for you then it must not work for everyone else. Perhaps the reason it works for me is that I do not over use it?

You have no idea what their preparation comprises of. Repeating that they have not prepared does not make you correct. You're comparing two completely different situations. If there is one area where Blizzard does well it is customer service.

People get falsely banned from time to time, although not as often as some banned players would claim, after investigation the ban is overturned and the wrongly banned person is compensated. This will be no different.

Raids can do this already.
    Ask others about the vote kicking system. No, I am not overusing it, but it's of no help, it didn't make things better.

I am not comparing two examples, I am comparing thousands of examples where they have fuck all in the way of plan with your hypothetical example of them having a plan. Don't tell me how great Blizzard customer support is, they refused to refund me Legion on the basis that I used a character boost (for this they have an internal countdown of 10 days, IIRC, and I came later, but obviously they don't tell you that upfront). Blizzard customer support is hit and miss. In some tasks, it's fine, in others, it's complete crap, you get no support at all.

Raids could not silence anyone before the new system. You could report, fine, but there was no immediate silence, the GM after some time would investigate the reports, find no reason to silence (well, ban) and ignore the requests. With the new system, the raid reports and the person gets silenced right there and then. It is some time after that the GM gets to review the silence and - oh, yeah - removes it, because the person didn't say anything bad. But the damage is already done. (And the raid walks away free because investigation is resource-intensive as I explained before.)

Do you understand what the new silence system is? I am beginning to think that you don't.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-20 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    While OP bitches about not having anyways to make money. I will continue to do basically nothing and make money for it.

For the record all but 500 of that is from the yesterday and today. It is also all, but that 500, from Inscription. It also isn't taking into account the 70k I made off of some Transmog Gear on Tuesday because TSM was misbehaving

Wrong thread?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Wrong thread?
    most def my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Best feature ever. The only ones complaining are the fuckers that spill their shit all over the chat. So fuck 'em

The problem for me is not that I don't have a thick skin, the problem is that anyone can insult me and I can't do anything about it, unless I'm childish enough to enter an insult battle. I'm not paying a subscription to do curse fighting with random imbeciles and I think no one who's not fucked in the head has this purpose in game.

And no, people won't be silenced for nothing, because this is NOT automatic. Also there need to be multiple reports. So all that crap about provocation is retarded. As is the priest example that does some shit. But even so, if you get "provoked" on the street and you beat the shit out of that "provoker" guess what? You end up in jail and you end up paying damages. Why should anyone do whatever they want in a game?

If someone is a dick, why would you want to play with him? If he's acting like a dick, leave, don't start acting like a fucking dick yourself, because you're such a testosterone filled macho. Especially if he has some dick friends that might "collectively frame" you, even though, again, that's not really possible, because this is not automatic.

That isnt the issue at large here, the fact that you can and will be silenced automatically REGARDLESS of what you said or did just based on numbers of morons hitting the report button. And trust me there are folks and groups out there that gladly will do anything in its power to get folks banned// silenced for nothing.

We already know it is automatic since we have cases of folks getting silenced by typing "i love warcraft" and on stream asking everyone around to report me.

That right there proves the system is ripe for abuse. and it doesnt matter if you area toxic shit or just on the enemy list of others like in the wrong guild etc etc etc.

Semi guild pug you win an item and as an enchanter you dont feel like trading it to "them" and "them" will report your only line of chat said

No, thanks i am an enchanter and i need the shards for my profession.

That line of chat can and will get you silenced when "them" starts to mass report you in a short period of time.

Really if you cant see what can of idiot worms blizzard has going here with an automated system in place really you deserve to be silenced for nothing if you cant see the problem

Ask others about the vote kicking system. No, I am not overusing it, but it doesn't work, it's of no help.

Raids could not silence anyone before the new system. You could report, fine, but there was no immediate silence, the GM after some time would investigate the reports, find no reason to silence and ignore the requests. With the new system, the raid reports and the person gets silenced right there and then. It is some time after that the GM gets to review the silence and - oh, yeah - removes it, because the person didn't say anything bad. But the damage is already done. (And the raid walks away free because investigation is resource-intensive as I explained before.)

Do you understand what the new silence system is? I am beginning to think that you don't.
    The vote kick system has nothing to do with this and as I said I have not had a problem using it.

This post from over five years ago suggests that you are wrong that there was no immediate silence; http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2140508135

Yes, thanks but obviously I don't have your insider knowledge.

Ask others about the vote kicking system. No, I am not overusing it, but it's of no help, it didn't make things better.

I am not comparing two examples, I am comparing thousands of examples where they have fuck all in the way of plan with your hypothetical example of them having a plan. Don't tell me how great Blizzard customer support is, they refused to refund me Legion on the basis that I used a character boost (for this they have an internal countdown of 10 days, IIRC, and I came later, but obviously they don't tell you that upfront). Blizzard customer support is hit and miss. In some tasks, it's fine, in others, it's complete crap, you get no support at all.

Raids could not silence anyone before the new system. You could report, fine, but there was no immediate silence, the GM after some time would investigate the reports, find no reason to silence (well, ban) and ignore the requests. With the new system, the raid reports and the person gets silenced right there and then. It is some time after that the GM gets to review the silence and - oh, yeah - removes it, because the person didn't say anything bad. But the damage is already done. (And the raid walks away free because investigation is resource-intensive as I explained before.)

We need punishment for false reports., a "guild" group spams report to get someone that refused to trade an item to "them" silenced once that has been found to be the case all the false reporters should be slapped on with a ban// silence penalty since they are the most toxic fuckign shit you can find in the game and they dont have to say anything tob e that toxic.

Infact we can argue that the potential threats they are with trade this item to us or we will report you as blackmailing and that it is infact a real world felony taking place.

Yet you can be sure blizzard will not do anything against them since the automatic report system didnt trigger against them

I tried a couple of anal /2 jokes and nope didn't get silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Whelp, I'll admit, I was wrong. It is clearly automated.
    If it makes you feel better I figured it would be manual investigations at first, and then switching to automation later on under the workload it was sure to produce. Clearly they were prepared: automation from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    We need punishment for false reports., a "guild" group spams report to get someone that refused to trade an item to "them" silenced once that has been found to be the case all the false reporters should be slapped on with a ban// silence penalty since they are the most toxic fuckign shit you can find in the game and they dont have to say anything tob e that toxic.

Infact we can argue that the potential threats they are with trade this item to us or we will report you as blackmailing and that it is infact a real world felony taking place.

Yet you can be sure blizzard will not do anything against them since the automatic report system didnt trigger against them

what if the false report reports are false, do we punish the false false reporter?

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    That isnt the issue at large here, the fact that you can and will be silenced automatically REGARDLESS of what you said or did just based on numbers of morons hitting the report button. And trust me there are folks and groups out there that gladly will do anything in its power to get folks banned// silenced for nothing.
    You probably don't understand what "after investigation" means. Hint: it means you won't be silenced automatically. More than that, I think we need to wait for ACTUAL evidence that you are silenced for nothing before complaining. And no, actual evidence is not some moron yelling on this forum that Blizzard banned him for "nothing", as it happens very often.

The idea that there are groups of people out there that have nothing to do than report innocent players and Blizzard automatically punishing them is just plain fucking retarded. If the system won't work, they will change it, that's all...

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post

The idea that there are groups of people out there that have nothing to do than report innocent players and Blizzard automatically punishing them is just plain fucking retarded. If the system won't work, they will change it, that's all...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747784573

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747724644

But it is happening. What do you have to say now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    How I got SILENCED for Saying I Loved WoW

What I see in this video is a guy orchestrating a bunch of false reports and clogging up the system.

Guy orchestrates false reports and his punishment doesn't get overturned. Working as intended?

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

World of Warcraft offers many opportunities to engage with other players in a variety of ways and to help support positive experiences in these engagements we wanted to inform you of a new silence penalty we will be implementing with the pre-expansion patch for Legion. Depending on the type of report, players who are found to be abusive in chat or engage in inappropriate chat behaviors may be silenced from engaging in certain ways within the game.

The Silence Penalty
    Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty. While this penalty is active, the silenced player will find that their ability to chat with others is greatly limited.

Silenced Players Are Unable to:
    Talk in Instance Chat (Raid, Party, and Battlegrounds)
    Talk in global channels that are auto joined (such as General or Trade)
    Create Calendar Invites/Events
    Send in-game mail
    Send Party Invitations
    Send War Game Invitations
    Send Invitations to Duel
    Update a Premade Group Listing
    Create a New List for a Premade Group

Silenced Players Are Able to:
    Whisper to friends (both WoW friends and Battle.net Friends)
    Reply to Whispers from Non-friends
    Party/Raid Chat (with Invited Players)
    Create Parties and Raids
    Talk in Global Channels that have a moderator
    Share Quests

The first time a player is silenced, their chat will be restricted for 24 hours. This duration will double for each silence penalty received after the first, and there is no maximum. This means that players who receive multiple silence penalties may find themselves unable to chat for a very, very long time.

Silenced players will be receiving a notification when attempting to send a message to a channel in which they have been restricted.The first time a player is silenced, their chat will be restricted for 24 hours. This duration will double for each silence penalty received after the first, and there is no maximum. This means that players who receive multiple silence penalties may find themselves unable to chat for a very, very long time.

By using the in-game report tool to identify players who may be engaging in inappropriate interactions within the various channels, you’ll be helping create the type of community we all want to take part in.

Source
    From the wording it seems this will be implemented in 7.0. I love this new policy and I like that the penalty will be perpetually increased. I hope they don't back down on any of it. This has been needed for a long time.

I made a thread in beta the day this came out that there is no way they can manually review every report, it will be automated. So what happens is you get penalized before its even looked at. Thats the biggest load of rubbish ever. I love all the players that came to the thread and said , oh no you wont, they will look at each and every report! How in gods green earth do they expect a small staff of people to read every report hundreds of thousands of reports. People are being silenced in real time because its automated, who cares if a GM looks at it later after you raise cain and retracts the silence. The damage is done, the person who didnt do anything got punished anyway. If blizzard is going to use spurious reporting to silence players, then they need to actually do some bans on people that abuse the system.
    Smile like you mean it.