Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    thanks for hte reply!!

sounds like im doing everything for the powersave. it must just be the timeout setting turns off the app. It's just annoying when i go for a walk with my wife. i want to have the game on and recording distance and alerting me of any pokemon/pokestops, but id also like to spend the few hours after work TALKING to her and not continually engaging with the phone to make sure its not timing out. Maybe i'll just disable the timeout when we walk.

as for the evolving...OOPS!!! i've only evolved maybe 3 at this point, and it's all common pokemon, so i'll just hold off until lvl 15. Im not ALL ABOUT min maxing, but i always feel like an idiot in any game if theres some goto way like simply WAITING a little longer. So thanks for the heads up!!!!
    The point of not evolving and saving for later is that after level 15 or so xp starts to step up quite a lot. 39 to 40 is 5million exp.

Anyway, imho it makes mid levels to go fastr, but actually it doesn't change much when you use them. The point is to use a lucky egg and evolve all the pokemon you can. I missed the train already, so i'm just 17, but i feel it's not much an issue.

Level counts only for how strong you find pokemons. Gyms are a joke as attackers simply because you can spam it so even the strongest pokemon is not a guarantee to keep it for a long time.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The point of not evolving and saving for later is that after level 15 or so xp starts to step up quite a lot. 39 to 40 is 5million exp.

Anyway, imho it makes mid levels to go fastr, but actually it doesn't change much when you use them. The point is to use a lucky egg and evolve all the pokemon you can. I missed the train already, so i'm just 17, but i feel it's not much an issue.

Level counts only for how strong you find pokemons. Gyms are a joke as attackers simply because you can spam it so even the strongest pokemon is not a guarantee to keep it for a long time.
    Ya I'm following. I'm only lvl 6, so NBD holding off for another 9 lvls evolving anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    There's no ingame representation of that though. Neither XP nor visuals.
    XP might not stack but the increased chance to does according to data miners. The ball still glitters and you still get the visual.

Caught a 1500 flareon the other day with normal pokeball, curve balled into a "Great!" so /shrug, yeah I know it's all random chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildjade View Post
    Can you tell what there's an abundance of near here XD

I see people posting pictures owning tons of Drowzees, and I have... one. Meanwhile eevees are almost as common as pidgeys where I live and those same people catching tons of drowzees are like "gimme eevees pls!" and I'm sitting on 7 1500+ vaporeons. So I do feel fortunate for that.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    XP might not stack but the increased chance to does according to data miners. The ball still glitters and you still get the visual.

Caught a 1500 flareon the other day with normal pokeball, curve balled into a "Great!" so /shrug, yeah I know it's all random chance.

- - - Updated - - -

I see people posting pictures owning tons of Drowzees, and I have... one. Meanwhile eevees are almost as common as pidgeys where I live and those same people catching tons of drowzees are like "gimme eevees pls!" and I'm sitting on 7 1500+ vaporeons. So I do feel fortunate for that.
    I cant speak about high CP, but at my house alone im crawling in eevees and drowzees, even got a couple hypnos. dont even have to get off the couch for those.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    I cant speak about high CP, but at my house alone im crawling in eevees and drowzees, even got a couple hypnos. dont even have to get off the couch for those.
    My house is pidgeys, weedles, catterpies and rattatas. The OCCASSIONAL ghastly or other random semi-common pokemon that's not a location common.

I spoof my GPS to go sit downtown at pokestops with modules, and it's eevee, staryu, nidoran, venonats, and FUCKING ZUBATS EVERYWHERE for days.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

My house is pidgeys, weedles, catterpies and rattatas. The OCCASSIONAL ghastly or other random semi-common pokemon that's not a location common.

I spoof my GPS to go sit downtown at pokestops with modules, and it's eevee, staryu, nidoran, venonats, and FUCKING ZUBATS EVERYWHERE for days.
    my house has all those too. just got lucky on the rest i guess...so many people i know say that they have seas of zubats, and i still haven't seen one.

while walking to get lunch just now i caught a low 115ish cp scyther. so thats neat i guess.

This one spot I've been camping in NY for a few days has 5 pokestops within range that are perma lure'd. It spawns every water pokemon, every starter, eevees, and so on. I don't get the logic of spawns in this game.

While my house here spawns birds and a rare eevee sometimes. >.<

Alright folks, let's keep the memes out of the thread for the most part. Things have been pretty lax so far, but rules is rules.

Deleted

How are you managing to spoof it? When I try all I get is my character at the location on the map but it says "failed to detect location" and I can't see any Pokestops/Pokemon.

Just tried out the Pokevision spot. Got an electabuzz and nidoran from roughly the area it said they would be, plus about 5 more. Only did one loop so to hit two of pokemon it said owuld be there (One being fairly rare) makes me think it is definitely a working site and should be utilized while we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Just tried out the Pokevision spot. Got an electabuzz and nidoran from roughly the area it said they would be, plus about 5 more. Only did one loop so to hit two of pokemon it said owuld be there (One being fairly rare) makes me think it is definitely a working site and should be utilized while we can.
    Oh muh god

- - - Updated - - -

OH of course it crashes the second I start using it.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Oh muh god

- - - Updated - - -

OH of course it crashes the second I start using it.
    So you are the reason it isn't working anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    So you are the reason it isn't working anymore.
    Does this thing even work outside of the states?

Tried it a few times on my usual capture spots, but all it ever shows are rattata's, even though I know there's others.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post

Tried it a few times on my usual capture spots, but all it ever shows are rattata's, even though I know there's others.
    Not sure to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post

Spawns are time based, so 40 minutes past the hour the same stuff will generally spawn etc. Which means you could just be going or checking at a slightly different time leading to the change in what spawns. As for it's use outside of the US I can't confirm, it states it does and it has worked for me in the US.

Also the site seems to be back up. But not currently showing spawns, so either their servers are overloaded or GO's are

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    That was me last night with Gengar. FeelsBadMan

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the servers are down again??

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I guess the servers are down again??
    Yup, perfect timing for me too, I was trying to catch a Lapras and I got the pokeball glitch, tried to get back in and realized it wasn't a glitch, servers are just down.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Yup, perfect timing for me too, I was trying to catch a Lapras and I got the pokeball glitch, tried to get back in and realized it wasn't a glitch, servers are just down.
    There was a game update. Mostly text fixes. Hopefully the tracker is turned back on, but I doubt it. Its supposed to go live in Japan today or tomorrow, so expect more server outages.

Also expect more idiots to DDoS it again and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    #PokemonGO Version 1.0.3 does not fix the "three step glitch."
    I didnt say it did. Its not even a glitch, its just turned off. Thats why I said hopefully, its turned back on.