10+ Year Old Account

PSA: Farm older raids with Hunter if you want to unlock all weapons (beside shields)

If you're planning to farm older raids for the weapons, do it with a hunter. They can wear any weapon type beside shields, making them extremely efficient at unlocking the skins. Now I know many of the more experienced players know about this, but because melee has been removed and only recently reintegrated, it's easy to forget/not know.

If you haven't preordered legion and didn't have any specific class in mind for the boost, you may want to spend it on a Hunter. Considering this and the global spec rework, it's the best time to also level one if you didn't before (Marksmanship is amazing).

EDIT: Warriors are less efficient, but as Rotted pointed out, you can get all weapons too - including shield and maces!
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2016-07-20 at 08:00 PM.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I believe you can do this on warriors as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I believe you can do this on warriors as well?
    Yes you can, although being melee can give you headaches on some old boss mechanics. Still, it would be even more viable than Hunter since they do not have any weapon limitations.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

There is no class that can use all weapons.

Warriors are the closest, at all weapons except for Wands.

Thought warriors couldnt use staves either?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Thought warriors couldnt use staves either?
    Everything but wands.

You have to be able to wear it to unlock it even if it is soulbound just from looting it?

I was soloing ragefire like normal for a new level 10 usually does and I noticed this as well. I hadn't really thought about it until seeing this post though.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    hunters dont allow for shields, wands, maces, or 2 handed maces

warriors dont allow for wands... >_> so yeah warriors are much better to farm...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Yes you can, although being melee can give you headaches on some old boss mechanics. Still, it would be even more viable than Hunter since they do not have any weapon limitations.
    except for maces, shields, 2 handed maces, and wands :P
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    In a way, much of this kinda annoys me. I've done pretty much everything pre WoD, ran many of these raids dozens if not hundreds of times and leveled about 20 chars in my time in WoW. Now I get to do it again to unlock all those items I already had. Someone shoot me please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    hunters dont allow for shields, wands, maces, or 2 handed maces

warriors dont allow for wands... >_> so yeah warriors are much better to farm...

- - - Updated - - -

except for maces, shields, 2 handed maces, and wands :P
    Yeah, had a brain fart when I made this thread. Still, their range and pet makes them very effective at soloing versus a Warrior!

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    In a way, much of this kinda annoys me. I've done pretty much everything pre WoD, ran many of these raids dozens if not hundreds of times and leveled about 20 chars in my time in WoW. Now I get to do it again to unlock all those items I already had. Someone shoot me please.
    I felt the same initially, but when I started farming them I realized it was a great way to relearn classes. Did ToT with a couple of friends yesterday and I ended-up being the sole survivor a lot of time with my Ret Paladin. Also ICC was nice to learn Hunter.
    Google Diversity Memo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Yeah, had a brain fart when I made this thread. Still, their range and pet makes them very effective at soloing versus a Warrior!

I felt the same initially, but when I started farming them I realized it was a great way to relearn classes. Did ToT with a couple of friends yesterday and I ended-up being the sole survivor a lot of time with my Ret Paladin. Also ICC was nice to learn Hunter.
    This. I hadn't played my frost DK since cata but decided I'd main it in legion and just a few heroic cata raids I was pretty much a master of the rotation.

Wait, what? What kind of "psa" is this? Warriors are clearly the best choice to collect weapons because they can equip 2h makes, maces, and shields (no wands though - same as hunter). Such a weird thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Wait, what? What kind of "psa" is this?
    It falls more under "protip" I think.