Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its funny you say the bolded and yet tell people to just block or turn off trade chat...

Once again there is a simple fix to your super rare problem. Don't like it go unsub.
    Ignoring people isn't running and hiding. It's taking the appropriate action or simply dealing with the problem like an adult.
    If you get called a moron in real life, do you report the person to the police, or do you just ignore it? I do the latter, because I am an adult and can deal with words.

I'm unsubbed! And I'm not planning on subbing any time soon. Doesn't mean I cannot criticize a bad system!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not I...and I'm pretty active on trade chat. But I don't troll or tell people to kill themselves, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Don't argue with someone that stupid. He cannot understand that not everybody has the same experience he has.
    Stupid is what makes the MMO-C forums active.

Uuurrrgggggg

Simple fix to a simple problem.
    Cool... you linked a picture of the help page. What is your point? You do understand what the E of ETA means, right? You also understand that not everyone has the time for a live chat also? Or that, like people have already pointed out NUMEROUS times, the system is automated (if not completely, at least on the front end), could be possibly abused, and that people with a similar "simple problem" shouldn't have that problem to begin with?

Many people seem to think "Only people who do/say stereotypically bad things get silenced/banned, and the system is flawless"... and those people are fanboys. And no - admitting that it isn't flawless followed by a "BUT" doesn't cover it.
    Last edited by Monstercloud; 2016-07-20 at 08:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go kill yourself, killjoy.
    When did we stop acting according to "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, they probably flag the accounts so the reports don't count but they will not ban people for abusing the system.
    It started because the world has been at peace for too long. All this feefee and pc shit is coming from the first world that hasn't actually been to war in 70 years. Conflict and strife make a person and harden then backbones which is why somebody like me who has had a really bad is just trying to live for myself regardless of other people, while middle to upper middle-class college students try to butt in to everybody else's life because theirs has been boring and full of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    I have been harassed on the forums with someone following me around and repoting everything I do as Spam. I was banned twice.

I submitted tickets essentially saying the same thing we are worried about with the silence penalty...WHY am I getting banned and with the perpetrators be caught and reprimanded? The answers was essentially "We dgaf, bye".

So No, the abusers will NOT be held accountable. Report at will.
    I totally bet this is a true story....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I'd be willing to guess,

If you've got silenced already, you probably deserved it
    Pretty much the case I bet, yeah. This "Asmongold" fella asked 40 people to report him at one time, of course it was going to cause SOME sort of effect... When so many report in one sitting, the system must figure he did something pretty damned horrible...

Ignoring people isn't running and hiding. It's taking the appropriate action or simply dealing with the problem like an adult.
    If you get called a moron in real life, do you report the person to the police, or do you just ignore it? I do the latter, because I am an adult and can deal with words.

I'm unsubbed! And I'm not planning on subbing any time soon. Doesn't mean I cannot criticize a bad system!
    Then your opinion doesn't matter. You feel its a bad system because you would be punished if you was subbed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Cool... you linked a picture of the help page. What is your point? You do understand what the E of ETA means, right? You also understand that not everyone has the time for a live chat also? Or that, like people have already pointed out NUMEROUS times, the system is automated (if not completely, at least on the front end), could be possibly abused, and that people with a similar "simple problem" shouldn't have that problem to begin with?
    If you can't take 30min's to use the live chat and fix ur issue then you need to find a different hobby.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Its funny you say the bolded and yet tell people to just block or turn off trade chat...

Once again there is a simple fix to your super rare problem. Don't like it go unsub.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know what the word average means because I don't think you do.

It isn't going to say ETA 5mins and you wait 7hours. Also nice childish name calling when you can't defend your argument. Go show blizzard how mad you are by unsubbing.
    I perfectly know what it means. But if you have a pool of 40000 people waiting and the first 20K get an answer in 5 minutes and the other 20k have to wait 60 minutes the average comes out to be 32 minutes.
    Or make it 20k 5 minutes, 10k 30 minutes and 10k 60 minutes, you get the average of 25 minutes.

So even with an ETA of 5 Minutes, you can be in for a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Stupid is what makes the MMO-C forums active.

Many people seem to think "Only people who do/say stereotypically bad things get silenced/banned, and the system is flawless"... and those people are fanboys.
    It fits his view of how the world should spin, so if you don't like it, get out.

Deleted
    Then your opinion doesn't matter. You feel its a bad system because you would be punished if you was subbed.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't take 30min's to use the live chat and fix ur issue then you need to find a different hobby.
    Just go fuck yourself with a piece of sharp glas.

my opionion matters as much as the opionon of anyone!
    Maybe I would be, but I wouldn't care because the only people I care to communicate with are on voice chat with me most of the time.
    It's a bad system, because EVERYBODY is guilty until they prove themselves innocent!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Pretty much the case I bet, yeah. This "Asmongold" fella asked 40 people to report him at one time, of course it was going to cause SOME sort of effect... When so many report in one sitting, the system must figure he did something pretty damned horrible...
    What people fail to realize is you could do the same thing before the current system was put into place.

- - - Updated - - -

Just go fuck yourself with a piece of sharp glas.

my opionion matters as much as the opionon of anyone!
    Maybe I would be, but I wouldn't care because the only people I care to communicate with are on voice chat with me most of the time.
    It's a bad system, because EVERYBODY is guilty until they prove themselves innocent!
    Top bolded: Yep your one of those who would be rightfully banned.

Bottom bolded: Ur not subbed so no it doesn't.

What people fail to realize is you could do the same thing before the current system was put into place.
    Except before, the penalty didn't double every time. If there's a guy who hates someone enough and has a lot of buddies, he can really ruin his shit.

Anyway, it's like I suspected, Blizzard reviewing reports was another bullshit lie. I'm disabling public chat channels.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Top bolded: Yep your one of those who would be rightfully banned.

Bottom bolded: Ur not subbed so no it doesn't.
    Not banned but silenced, just because you don't understand anything doesn't mean your reality is real.

Yes because if the opinion of potential customers don't count anymore, the game will NEVER gain any new players and DIE.

i just got "reported" for making a comment in trade that "leveling guilds really are not a thing" when someone was "looking for leveling guild" this system is going to go full ape shit if blizz does not get in under control fast

Last edited by Moozart; 2016-07-20 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Except before, the penalty didn't double every time. If there's a guy who hates someone enough and has a lot of buddies, he can really ruin his shit.

Anyway, it's like I suspected, Blizzard reviewing reports was another bullshit lie. I'm disabling public chat channels.
    Something me and you agree on for a change. Tis a rare day indeed Rob . But yeah in all serious they said it would be reviewed and instead it's automated punishment so as usual total bullshit on blizzards end.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post

Right but once again go to live support deal with it and the false reporters will get into trouble.

If it works 99% of the time then its worth having. The chance of 40+ people false reporting you is so small it doesn't matter.

Right but once again go to live support deal with it and the false reporters will get into trouble.

If it works 99% of the time then its worth having. The chance of 40+ people false reporting you is so small it doesn't matter.
    If the system can be abused then it is an issue.

Not banned but silenced, just because you don't understand anything doesn't mean your reality is real.

Yes because if the opinion of potential customers don't count anymore, the game will NEVER gain any new players and DIE.
    Oh I know the difference in silenced and banned. I was saying you would be silenced enough to be banned. No the opinion of potential customers does not count and never did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    i just got "reported" for making a comment in trade that "leveling guilds really are not a thing" when someone was "looking for leveling guild" this system is going to go full ape shit if blizz does not get in under control fast
    @Jtbrig7390 Here you have why the system sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If the system can be abused then it is an issue.
    All systems have a chance of being abused no system is perfect. But a system is better then no system.