Thread: Transmog Issue?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Transmog Issue?

So I checked out the new system, but it seems like I am missing a lot of gear that I have gotten over the years. I thought the system retroactively added items to your wardrobe that you have had at one point in time? If not, then its definitely disappointing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not 100%, but I believe that the retroactive adding of gear you no longer had only applied to quest gear. Any drops or tier gear that you've obtained in the past but deleted/sold were not added.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir84 View Post
    I'm not 100%, but I believe that the retroactive adding of gear you no longer had only applied to quest gear. Any drops or tier gear that you've obtained in the past but deleted/sold were not added.

That's correct. It only retroactively added gear from quests you had completed or gear that was in your bags, bank or Void Storage when you first logged in after that patch.

Note; it also states exactly this in the patch notes too.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    When first logging into a character after Patch 7.0, the appearances of appropriate items in your bags, bank, and Void Storage are learned automatically. Additional appearances will be unlocked based on previously-completed quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir84 View Post

I'm fairly certain that this is correct. I've ran ICC hundreds of times but did not keep all of the gear, just sold it. I ran it last night and got quite a few things that added to my appearances tab that I'm sure I've looted in the past.

Ah okay then, should have read that part a little more clearly. Thanks for the information everyone.

Hijacking thread

I was trying to use the enchant illusions from the transmog npc, none of them work

I tried crusader illusion, the weapon i used it on doesnt glow and when i use the weapon there is no animation

are they all broken?

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Hijacking thread

I was trying to use the enchant illusions from the transmog npc, none of them work

I tried crusader illusion, the weapon i used it on doesnt glow and when i use the weapon there is no animation

are they all broken?
    What weapon are you using? Almost anything that has its own particle effects will ignore enchant effects, illusion or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    What weapon are you using? Almost anything that has its own particle effects will ignore enchant effects, illusion or otherwise.
    [Warmongering Gladiator's Gavel] and [Warmongering Gladiator's Decapitator]

but do the illusions just make the weapon glow or we have the proc animations as well?

but do the illusions just make the weapon glow or we have the proc animations as well?
    I have a question for you. How did you apply the illusions to your weapons?

Ive learned a lot of them like the WoD illusions, Cata illusions, Mop illusions, etc but cant figure out how to add them to my weapons. Ive checked at the tmog npc, ive looked through the appearance tab and still cant find anything. I feel like Im missing it and its really obvious, but how did you do it?

As for your question, anything that already has a glow effect like Quel serrar wont show the illusion your putting on because it already has its own. The illusions just have the weapon glow, not the procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post

Ive learned a lot of them like the WoD illusions, Cata illusions, Mop illusions, etc but cant figure out how to add them to my weapons. Ive checked at the tmog npc, ive looked through the appearance tab and still cant find anything. I feel like Im missing it and its really obvious, but how did you do it?
    At the NPC you get a UI a bit like the usual one when you press C.
    However if you look at each weapon, there is a tiny button underneath for you to select the enchant.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Once you've learned the illusions on your weapon in the transmog pane should be a scroll you can click to look at illusion options.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted

There's small icon just below the weapon icon in the transmog window. Click it to apply glows. Though i think it bugged for me at least once, it did not show before i changed my weapon transmog to another one.

@ComputerNerd @Myta @Skeletroll Thanks, appreciate it. Ill check that out when I get home. Completely missed the icon.

Weapon effects only, not the proc animatioins.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    That's correct. It only retroactively added gear from quests you had completed or gear that was in your bags, bank or Void Storage when you first logged in after that patch.

Note; it also states exactly this in the patch notes too.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    When first logging into a character after Patch 7.0, the appearances of appropriate items in your bags, bank, and Void Storage are learned automatically. Additional appearances will be unlocked based on previously-completed quests.
    I'm having an issue, last night I got the BT Cloth white shoulders, Amice or something, they had a womans head on each, with a black piece of leather over their eyes. I had it on my monk.

I just equipped it now on the monk, hoped over to my warlock to x mog it, and its not appearing at all there, Ive logged on to other cloth characters to check and its not there at all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I'm having an issue, last night I got the BT Cloth white shoulders, Amice or something, they had a womans head on each, with a black piece of leather over their eyes. I had it on my monk.

I just equipped it now on the monk, hoped over to my warlock to x mog it, and its not appearing at all there, Ive logged on to other cloth characters to check and its not there at all?
    Has to be looted on a character that wears it as their main armour type.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    Has to be looted on a character that wears it as their main armour type.
    I thought it was by any character that can equip it? thought thats why clothiers were kicking up a fuss about it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I thought it was by any character that can equip it? thought thats why clothiers were kicking up a fuss about it?
    That's just weapons. For armour, it needs to be looted on a character that uses that type of armour for their gear.
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2016-07-20 at 08:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    So I checked out the new system, but it seems like I am missing a lot of gear that I have gotten over the years. I thought the system retroactively added items to your wardrobe that you have had at one point in time? If not, then its definitely disappointing.
    Yeah thats what blizzard promised when they announced legion but sadly bounced out rather quick after alpha launch for no good reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yeah thats what blizzard promised when they announced legion but sadly bounced out rather quick after alpha launch for no good reason.
    I don't think they ever promised that you would get items you got from boss back in ie. classic, as they could not really track that so easily.

I do have some old crap from quests i did in classic, like old warrior quest weapons (whirlwind axe and sword) and few mail items changed to plate and for my surprise even some leather items changed to mail. I was wondering why my one old favourite item was not showing up, it was just changed to plate and there's nothing in plate armor side which would match with it...