Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I enjoy it, honestly. Resubbed because of them, in an effort to get my sub 100 characters up to the artifact starting level and experience the new class feels. Playing classes with fresh new mechanics and "class fantasy" has always been fun for me, I've never been too attached to anything in this game to be upset about the changes they make from x-pack to x-pack. I accept that it's Blizzards game and they'll change it how they want. Won't pretend I like everything they do, but me bitching about it and getting upset over it isn't going to change much and I enjoy playing the game enough to deal with it and enjoy what I can, to adapt, basically.

I stopped last Nov i think, subbed back for 7.0.3, so far i've been experiencing what WoD offered, nothing. So i've no complaints about content lol.

But that's a pre patch so I'm waiting for Legion, transmog is a godsend, my mage feels crippled somehow, the new rotation seems stupid easy though, or maybe i'm wrong.

Waiting for the Legion invasion and Demon Hunters.

Spending my time getting more transmog stuff now.

One thing is for sure though, more people are online! It feels like an MMORPG again, Orgrimmar is actually full of people now! Compare it to the ghost town with just 1 other guy in there with me 2mths back(wrong card info though, so i got lucky and didnt get charged but was still able to login for a day), it feels like an MMO again and trade chat is trade chat so it feels great seeing trolls and people moving about selling runs and whatever.
    Last edited by Ferrair; 2016-07-20 at 07:54 PM.

Not sure how people are getting physically ill by using the new camera, I assume it's an adjustment issue.

The camera change is barely noticeable, maybe the fact that you guys spent your whole time zoomed out that far kind of shows Blizzards point of removing it.

whoever was in charge of hunter design is clueless. the class is horrid now and i have no interest playing it for an entire xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    whoever was in charge of hunter design is clueless. the class is horrid now and i have no interest playing it for an entire xpac.
    Did try BM, it is... "interesting". Not sure how I feel about it. Might try Survival once I get a better weapon than they sent me in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    It is kind of horrid, isn't it? I'm of the mind that the class completely lost the script after Wrath, but what's presented now is even less bearable than the WoD version (which was bad enough to make me switch my main away from it).

Elemental is just incredibly squishy and un-fun right now. I'd actually call this spec far worse across the board than the WoD version, losing grounding totem (and various other utility totems), losing lightning shield, earth guardian lasting a fraction of the time it used to, fire guardian seeming to just stand there and do nothing at all, reincarnation bringing you back one hit away from dying again, EQ no longer being a triggered insta cast, etc etc. Ice fury works well enough, but seems more like an afterthought for a good reason to use ice shock. Lightning bolt hits like a wet noodle, even moreso than prior. Healing surge costs stupid amounts of mana.

Enhancement... feral lunge tends to land you behind your target, facing away from it more often than not. The spec has a good deal of burst right now (I bet that changes), and can be fast paced, but also feels a bit weird at times.

Time to play the warrior a bit tonight. I did try it on the PTR briefly, and didn't love it, but didn't hate it either. Prot was a mess in WoD and doesn't seem to have been changed much.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2016-07-20 at 08:23 PM.

Really enjoying the patch so far. My bear feels like a proper bear for once. I always did found it a bit odd that a bear should be dodging anything. As for enhancement, it took a bit of getting use to but over all the spec is fun to play. I do find myself missing totems which is pretty surprising to me. Otherwise the game looks and feels fun to play. I for one look forward to the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    So you're saying that the only thing that changed is the distance. Do you play zoomed all the way out? Like really really far away from everything?

I did use a console command myself to make it go as far away as possible before, but only because i could, and wanted to see how it's like. I usually play pretty close to the character, sort of like the GTA games.

I take your word for it, but i still find it very hard to believe that the distance being lowered makes people sick.
    Yes, I have always used to raid all the way zoomed out with the old console command. Been raiding mythic tonight, and this is seriously awful. You can't see anything on Xhul'Horac and are literally playing the UI 99%. Mannoroth was bearable, but the Mythic phase on Archimonde was seriously awful. You couldn't recognize the patterns of the dances right away if you were playing melee, as you were too far in to be able to see (without turning the camera obviously.) Gorefiend was another one of these annoying things, where you didn't have any clue what was going on unless you actively turned your camera to look for it.

I understand that they won't put the option to zoom out all the way to the interface menu, as there is a good reason for it (would have to increase minimum required specs for the game). That's all cool. But why in the name of f--- did they remove the option to do that manually through a /console command?

I love what I've seen of Legion. I've tested all the bosses available for testing, loved all of them. The classes are much better. The transmog system is awesome. But this camera thing seriously tilts me during raids. It's infuriating because it fundamentally restricts me in a way that the game hasn't restricted me in.

This is quite possibly the only thing in the history of me playing the game that actually matters to me a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    and is the first negative pre-patch in wow history
    People always complain when things change. Always.

but is that really the view of everyone in NA?
    The people who actually read and write in forums are a small minority. It's a incredibly small echo chamber.

Bah, people don't like change. It'll shake out pretty soon, especially after legion hits and people get sucked in to the tremendous amount of rewarding casual content available from the get-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

This is the first pre-expansion patch where I feel my character has become, a lot, weaker. Usually the new talents result in our characters getting stronger and I would use the time between the patch and expansion to get those achievements that I just fell short off. Except this time it is not an option.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    The camera change is barely noticeable, maybe the fact that you guys spent your whole time zoomed out that far kind of shows Blizzards point of removing it.
    No it doesnt. Its not our fault that the best way (ie, most effective) to play the game is zoomed out where you can be aware of your surroundings. If you think the camera change is barely noticeable youre either a) deluded b) dont Raid Leader/Play Melee/Tank or c) didnt play with the max camera distance. Why not just increase the adjustable camera distance? The reason was it was almost mandatory for raiding and pvp (which it is) and it gave an unfair advantage. Its the same thing, but doesnt piss off hudreds of thousands of people.

I'm excited to level a fresh and clean character with the new class changes and combat animations. I am definitely happy with the new patch, who cares about balance in pre patches anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Bah, people don't like change.
    People are fine with change. People are not fine with crappy changes.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    It's great that you've played the live version of Legion. I've only played the alpha and beta wich still is receiving changes and updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    It won't and never will be. But crying about balance now is just moronic.
    So youre essentially saying "Its just Beta".

Whilst the game is in Alpha and Beta, its the perfect time to raise these issues. You saying "stop whinging its just beta" goes against the very purpose of having a fucking beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Except for quest items unless you actually have the item in your inventory or void storage you won't get the item added to your wardrobe
    yea I finally got that today. Had more time to read up :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

My frost DK feels a bit janky, like im not doing much or my rotation feels weird. It might take some getting used too but it doesn't feel like it flows as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    My frost DK feels a bit janky, like im not doing much or my rotation feels weird. It might take some getting used too but it doesn't feel like it flows as well.
    It gets much better with the artifact, dont worry. Play around with your talents too - there are some really fun synergies in there for different types of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Already a 22 page post on the US forums, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747524601 and is the first negative pre-patch in wow history.. but is that really the view of everyone in NA? or just those who don't like the class changes? I'm guessing it's the latter, but it has many upvotes

For returning players, and new players the class changes as I expereinced them are actually quite fun, easy to get into, more fun than before, better animations etc. But I know they don't seem all that great at the beginning, adn really need the context of artifact weapons, full pvp talents, and ofc the wonder of the Broken Isles and the story fully hit.

in my estimation, this is the worse it's ever going to be, ,because every other aspects of the expansion are highly praised, and the new class changes, take a while getting into , including maximising your artifact weapon, so all in all people will greatly appreciate it in the end. But will it be too late? i wonder

Most of the complaints seem about camera view and motion sickness. is it genuine or staged?

- - - Updated - - -

If this ultimately fails, are we goign to see wow developed for Asia and Europe mainly and not the U.S.?
    Came back after months of play ( first time i might add).

And was surprised . Tried all my classes. Some felt nice and i saw what they want to do with it.
    But some ......sigh.....really blizzard. To put it short...warlords ( and mop) allready took some flavor away from some classes. But this is just silly.

Second point. Even with or without addons. It seems a bit broken. Items that are toy's with stats, weird item names. Having a shit ton of armors etc in my bank. but few show up in transmogrify window. Etc etc....feels like a rushed patch. And fuck taking away glyphs. As druid i used to have a shit ton of non battle glyphs. for looks etc.....now ....most of them are gone. or work via a very weird system.

and F you Blizzard.....I hope Deathwing buttfucks you to you can not take it anymore....camera distance bullshit...... years we had this camera distance. exp pack after exp pack.....and now this bs....pffff idiots.