Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there an ideal opener for fire on live?

Assuming RoP, has an ideal opener been listed anywhere yet? I'm curious and interested so I can practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Step 1) Aim at your target, this can be done by left clicking them.

Step 2) Hit the stuff

Step 3) Hit other stuff next to the thing

Step 4) Dont die

I'm doing Fireball until first crit, usually after 2-3 casts, then Fire Blast to get that first heating up. Then cast ROP followed by combust and start dumping the pyro's using flame on as necessary.

Feels a bit bad to waste that first charge of Fire Blast early though, probably change it to a PF charge once we get artifacts.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I'm doing Fireball until first crit, usually after 2-3 casts, then Fire Blast to get that first heating up. Then cast ROP followed by combust and start dumping the pyro's using flame on as necessary.

Feels a bit bad to waste that first charge of Fire Blast early though, probably change it to a PF charge once we get artifacts.
    I've found this awkward with PF since it isn't off the gcd and can't be cast while casting fireball like FB can. To use PF to get a heating up I have to wait to see if the fireball crit, with travel time I am already casting the next fireball, so I have to stop the cast to then use PF. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post

Yeah this is what I'm doing now, too. Ideally we'd like to get a HS before RoP/Combust. But with ring/lust etc, once I get a crit, I fireblast, and then unload. Like you said, it sucks to burn a charge early. Luckily before Combustion ends, we can scorch after the last Pyro crits, then Pyro again before Combustion ends.

Same as others.

1. Try to open with a hard casted Pyro. If that doesn't crit, Fireball until Heating up, then Fire Blast for a Hot Streak
    2. RoP+Combustion
    3. Pyro, FB, Pyro, Flame On, FB, Pyro, FB, Pyro
    4. After this i guess you can cast Cinderstorm if you're using it, and keep using Hot Streaks as necessary until the burst window ends.

Really, really enjoyable burst. Fire is fun. Looking forward to maining it come Legion.

If you're fast, you can squeeze a scorch in there for an extra pyroblast as well.

So

heating up
    fireblast
    pyro
    fireblast
    pyro
    flame on
    fireblast
    pyro
    fireblast
    pyro
    scorch
    pyro

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Step 1) Aim at your target, this can be done by left clicking them.

Step 2) Hit the stuff

Step 3) Hit other stuff next to the thing

Step 4) Dont die
    Instructions unclear

Boss still alive but at least my desk is cleaned off?

Don't fireball during combustion. I potion and precast RoP at ~2 seconds on the timer (you can precast a pyro or w/e I'm not really sure which is better I just prefer not to because there isn't a question of if I will get a heating up) into Combustion > Scorch > Fireblast > Pyro > Fireblast > Pyro > etc using Flame on when I've used all fireblast charges using Scorch while combustion is still up and nothing better to do to generate crits.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2016-07-21 at 04:08 AM.

Pre-pot and pre-cast pyro or fireball > Heating up > ROP > Scorch (cast Combustion before the end) > pryo > FB > pryo > FB > pyro > Flame on > FB > pyro > FB > pryo > scorch > pryo. With this rotation with Lust/Ring I was get 400-500k openers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just so you know the more mages you have in your raid with rune, the less likely you are to get the buff so watch out. Also flame patch doesn't tick while you cast so try to do as many instants as possible.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2016-07-21 at 04:50 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Just so you know the more mages you have in your raid with rune, the less likely you are to get the buff so watch out. Also flame patch doesn't tick while you cast so try to do as many instants as possible.
    What do you mean about Rune?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

no gamble opener:

Last edited by Causese; 2016-07-21 at 09:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    What do you mean about Rune?
    If you stand on another mage's rune, you might not get your buff from it. My guild stacks on pretty much every fight. I guess that is how it works, but 3 of us have to get if so one of us can get rune.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2016-07-21 at 06:10 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying that you simply can't get the other mage's rune to benefit yourself, or are you saying that it over writes and only one mage can get it? Because if it's the former, that's intended. If it's the latter, that's a huge bug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Are you saying that you simply can't get the other mage's rune to benefit yourself, or are you saying that it over writes and only one mage can get it? Because if it's the former, that's intended. If it's the latter, that's a huge bug
    currently functions as the later. Basically if 2 runes are close to each other, theres a chance only 1 mage benefits from the buff.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    currently functions as the later. Basically if 2 runes are close to each other, theres a chance only 1 mage benefits from the buff.
    Jesus. I need to pay attention to that from now on

Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    If you're fast, you can squeeze a scorch in there for an extra pyroblast as well.

So

heating up
    fireblast
    pyro
    fireblast
    pyro
    flame on
    fireblast
    pyro
    fireblast
    pyro
    scorch
    pyro
    This is exactly what I've been trying to work out. You gotta be fast with that scorch in there to convert that last heating up to hot streak but I've done it.

This seems to be pretty accepted, but the only problem I have is I feel like dropping RoP+Combustion WITHOUT having heating up first feels terrible.

Deleted
    This is currently the ideal opener according to the latest Icy Veins update -

Use Draenic Intellect Potion
    Pre-cast Pyroblast at 4.5 seconds on the countdown.
    Cast Fireball
    Cast Fire Blastwhen Heating Up Icon Heating Up activates.
    Place Rune of Power
    Activate Combustion
    Activate any on-use trinkets or racials you have.
    Cast Pyroblast
    Cast Fire Blast
    Cast Pyroblast
    Activate Flame On
    Cast Fire Blast
    Cast Pyroblast
    Cast Fire Blast
    Cast Pyroblast
    Cast Fireball
    Cast Pyroblast
    Cast Dragon's Breath
    If you get any procs from Pyromaniac , simply use them immediately. The opener is of paramount importance. It is recommended you practice in LFR or on a target dummy to build enough muscle memory to consistently execute it without flaws.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fire-ma...owns-abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Scrybe View Post
    This is currently the ideal opener according to the latest Icy Veins update -

Use Draenic Intellect Potion
    Pre-cast Pyroblast at 4.5 seconds on the countdown.
    Cast Fireball
    Cast Fire Blastwhen Heating Up Icon Heating Up activates.
    Place Rune of Power
    Activate Combustion
    Activate any on-use trinkets or racials you have.
    Cast Pyroblast
    Cast Fire Blast
    Cast Pyroblast
    Activate Flame On
    Cast Fire Blast
    Cast Pyroblast
    Cast Fire Blast
    Cast Pyroblast
    Cast Fireball
    Cast Pyroblast
    Cast Dragon's Breath
    If you get any procs from Pyromaniac , simply use them immediately. The opener is of paramount importance. It is recommended you practice in LFR or on a target dummy to build enough muscle memory to consistently execute it without flaws.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fire-ma...owns-abilities
    Makes sense except for that last fire ball, not sure if you have the ~2 seconds to cast it before Comb runs out... I also was watching Firemancer stream and he was saying (right now) Conflagration > Pyromaniac. Maybe at his ilevel, but that's what he said.