Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Report: Trump camp offered to make Kasich 'most powerful VP in history'

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...st-powerful-vp

Trump's oldest son, Donald Trump Jr., reached out to a Kasich advisor after the Ohio governor ended his own presidential campaign, promising that if he accepted the vice presidency, Kasich would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy. The advisor asked what Trump would be in charge of, the report said, and Trump Jr. responded: "Making America great again."
    Just when you think Trump's campaign couldn't be any stranger....
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post

Personally, I wonder what's left when you handle foreign and domestic affairs...

I guess Trump will be picking out the color of the curtains and he would even fuck that up I am sure. He doesn't want the job because he knows he cannot handle what that job entails. It strokes his ego though. Man, his supporters are suckers.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Kasich is the popular governor of Ohio, a big swing state, meaning it could vote for either side Republican or Democrat.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Trump basically offered to Kasich, "you be President and do the Presidenting...I can't do it but I can surely take the glory"

I guess Trump will be picking out the color of the curtains and he would even fuck that up I am sure. He doesn't want the job because he knows he cannot handle what that job entails. It strokes his ego though. Man, his supporters are suckers.
    Some people are better at drafting than playing the game. If he drafts well then his team should carry him.

If this is true and it looks like it (as many news stations reporting it) it is just mind blowing. He really is unfit to do the job.

This honestly doesn't surprise me. I've long said i believe it was really his advisors and investment people who made him his money, and all he did was just sign checks and shook hands.

We're so fuked if he belives a presidency should be run like that. Then who the hell is running this? Pence the muppet?

Looks like Pence is back on the menu boys!

I am not surprised by this. It makes perfect sense. Donald Trump doesn't want to serve as America's President. Donald Trump wants to be King. I don't mean literally, I mean he wants to be like a King in a constitutional monarchy like we have in Europe. He wants to be the guy at the top who cuts the ribbons, who everyone looks up to, who everyone watches and admires. The symbolic figurehead. He wants to be in charge, sure. But he doesn't want to serve, he doesn't want to do the work. If he could - fortunately he can't should he become President - he would probobly make a big show of firing Mike Pence about a year into his Presidency and select another VP if things didn't go well. The mindless drones that consider voting for him would probobly love it. He would find a way to place all blame on the people actually trying their best to do the hard work of managing a nation, while doing none of the work himself. If things went well, he would take all the credit for having selected the right guy to do the work. It sounds very much like Donald Trump.

Notice how Trump supporters are staying the fuck away from this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm not convinced Trump is even good at drafting.
    He must be doing something right, he's worth 4.5 billion and only inherited 40 million, before someone brings that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    He must be doing something right, he's worth 4.5 billion and only inherited 40 million, before someone brings that up.
    We only know how much Trump claims to have inherited.

We only know how much Trump claims to be worth.

There is no actual evidence one way or the other on either of those because Trump refuses to release any of that information.

10+ Year Old Account
    And he turned that down? Good guy Kasich.

The other option is this is conjecture.

So, why is it only coming out now, after Trump has already been declared the nominee? Wtf Kasich!?

Well, congratulations Hillary.

So Trump wanted to almost literally be Bush 2.0? Uh huh.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

There was a lawsuit in which trump too the stand and he evaluates his company value as "how he's feeling that day". No one dictates what his wealth is, he just decides what it is. He is a fraud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    And he turned that down? Good guy Kasich.

The other option is this is conjecture.

Its good to see some republicans in American politics stuck with their morals and didnt sell out to have a republican in office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    So, why is it only coming out now, after Trump has already been declared the nominee? Wtf Kasich!?

Well, congratulations Hillary.
    Probably because the Trump campaign and supporters are attacking Kasich for being part of the #NeverTrump camp and refusing to attend the convention, hosted in his own state, refusing to endorse, etc.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

OMG - so the VP will be in charge of Foreign and Domestic policy. And that leaves what for the President? Ribbon cutting? What an epic disaster of a campaign and candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    So Trump wanted to almost literally be Bush 2.0? Uh huh.
    I wouldn't go so far as to put Kasich on the same level as Cheney :P

He's a Republican, but he's not evil incarnate Cheney level Republican.