Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Oh lord, we all know the SJW's are cheering at home over this one. He said she was barely literate, which is probably the nicest thing you can say to someone like her. The worst part is that most of the comments were more funny than anything she did in the movie. Leslie Jones did deserve a lot of hate anyway.
    Yeah its totally her fault the movie was written poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I don't see them as the same at all. You must have a twisted definition of those words for them to be the same thing.
    lol ok, go ahead and get all "twisted" up with pointless distinctions all you want. argue about it with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    How is it false? Twitter space is the private property of Twitter. Their freedom of speech is doing with it as they please.

Oh I get it, it's "false" because it totally turns your censorship/victim complex narrative on its head.
    people that oppose Twitter's TOS and other companies versions are saying that its status as "private" is being used as an excuse to oppose the principles of free speech and thought,often with a particular bias in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah its totally her fault the movie was written poorly.
    Hey when any other actor is in a bomb of a movie, they get the same type of criticism, so this isn't some crazy exception or anything like that. KrazyK, seriously I want you to sit down, watch the trailer, and think about what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    It's a train-wreck.
    If we accept the idea that there's no evidence for Milo's incitement, the same level of scrutiny should apply to the rest of the claims featured in the video. Chief among them that Twitter's arbitrary rules are only enforced against conservatives.

That there is no evidence of incitement is paralleled with her explicit call to "get her". While I personally believe that he did incite people, I concede it's not explicit. But Twitter has a code of their own; his specific interaction with the ongoing freak-out could only lead to adding more fuel to it all. Twitter should be able to distinguish and detect dogpiles even when they're not explicit.

What I'd suggest is for people to request Twitter release a more detailed policy guide. Which won't necessarily trigger any response immediately (and they also need some wiggle room allowing for flexible decisions). But if the concern is consistency of rule application, then that should be their goal, and it should be fairly easy to articulate and rally people behind it.

This is the first time I've watches that guy for more that 30 seconds, and I think it'll be the last. What an annoying little brat.
    an annoying little brat is not an argument, and neither are your above points

bottom line is that this perpetually offended hysteria of the left needs to end, because it's seriously getting ridiculous lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Also the original isn't actually good.
    oh now you've fucking done it!
    /swings at the air

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    an annoying little brat is not an argument, and neither are your above points

bottom line is that this perpetually offended hysteria of the left needs to end, because it's seriously getting ridiculous lol
    There's is nothing to argue against a zero-content video.

I swear to god if you criticise Bill Murray I will create a Twitter account just to harass you!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Aw he hurt your feelings and he needs to be silenced for disagreeing with mainstream popular culture.
    Or a private company kicked him off their service for being a troll, just like you would be if you pulled that kind of shit here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Hey when any other actor is in a bomb of a movie, they get the same type of criticism, so this isn't some crazy exception or anything like that. KrazyK, seriously I want you to sit down, watch the trailer, and think about what you're saying.
    Its funny because I fucking despised the movie and thought it was pandering drivel.

But the asinine childish response to it as if its the actor's fault that Paul Feig is a pandering douche is ridiculous.

Get out.

Burn the heretic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It is fine and dandy to believe whatever you like- but no one has the burden to support or tolerate it sans the government. Otherwise you would be encroaching on the rights of others.

'Freedom of speech' does not apply to Twitter, some web forum you like, Facebook, etc. These entities have no obligation to your expression where it violates their terms of use.
    yes i know and i acknowledge all of the above. i just think its a damn shame and i oppose the concept on a philosophical level.If a person/people with an unpopular opinion keep getting booted off of forums where does it end?. Human communication is a messy endeavor and i think human beings allegiance should be to the principles of free speech and thought. I feel that even private forms of communication have an obligation to protect these concepts above some corporate interest. otherwise i think they may be in the wrong business.

You had to be there.

God damn it, why you call my bluff like that. Who's got time to make a Twitter account? Not me! That's for sure. I do have the time to lurk on Gen-OT and argue with people though and don't you call me out on that too! It's my time, I'll do what I want with it.

I guess that was your tumblr I randomly found then. I need more updates.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Its funny because I fucking despised the movie and thought it was pandering drivel.

But the asinine childish response to it as if its the actor's fault that Paul Feig is a pandering douche is ridiculous.
    Dude that childish response is the only thing stopping Sony from digging up more past classics and ruining them lol. What will it take to stop the madness? Re-releasing Back to the Future with Justin Beiber as the star? Or a remake of Top Gun with Amy Schumer in the lead role? Where is it going to end?

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    There's is nothing to argue against a zero-content video.

Ya that's not an argument either

Quote Originally Posted by BattleSaint View Post
    thats not an accurate comparison though and its actually rather disingenuous. How about companies like Twitter take time to consider that they are providing a platform for human communication. And despite its "private" status the principles of free speech and thought should apply. If Twitter and other such companies are so damn squeamish about the "messy" process of human thought and argument maybe they should find another business more suited to their delicate constitutions? Being an asshole, an outright offensive asshole SHOULD NOT be the standard for censorship PERIOD. Even in a private setting IMHO of course.
    If you want that you should find an unmoderated forum or chat service. Twitter isn't one of those. You can get banned for violating their terms just like here.

Oh hell no lol. The original was a classic movie!