Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

First Impressions Thread

Hi,

Would be great if we could share first impressions here ..

Frost DK: My main so I jumped in head first, very simple and without PvP talents extremely healer dependent.

Feral: Strong, straight forward and what you immediately notice is how fast you are able to get back into stealth after LoS ... I can insta stealth almost .. So Bleed-->LoS-->Heal sort of play style ...

Rogue: OMG completely broken OP

Shadow: ok damage but needs more ways to survive melee

Enh: Tried to play it had no idea what the heck was going on .. crap design .. they made it suck fun wise

Ele: same as live as long as they leave you alone its ok

Ret: OMG Blizz you took a crap on this build seriously who design this stuff!! Its not fun at all .. even healers can kite Retr .. The build needs either more ways to close gap OR more ranged abilities .. also new judgment is CRAP!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-07-20 at 10:07 PM.

Deleted
    surprised not more people are talking about this, pvp sucks more than ever at the moment, everyones damage is weak AF except moonkins, DKs and shadow priests

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to try Shadow again in pvp, I just hate that for the 10th year in a row I'm a melee training dummy as a spriest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Hi,

Would be great if we could share first impressions here ..

Frost DK: My main so I jumped in head first, very simple and without PvP talents extremely healer dependent.

Feral: Strong, straight forward and what you immediately notice is how fast you are able to get back into stealth after LoS ... I can insta stealth almost .. So Bleed-->LoS-->Heal sort of play style ...

Rogue: OMG completely broken OP

Shadow: ok damage but needs more ways to survive melee

Enh: Tried to play it had no idea what the heck was going on .. crap design .. they made it suck fun wise

Ele: same as live as long as they leave you alone its ok

Ret: OMG Blizz you took a crap on this build seriously who design this stuff!! Its not fun at all .. even healers can kite Retr .. The build needs either more ways to close gap OR more ranged abilities .. also new judgment is CRAP!
    For reals? It's the best it's ever been funwise, hell, it even has meaningful talents now. It's impressive you can call it crap design, but at the same time have no clue what's going on in the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

As a Glad ret this is 100% what i thought yest....furthermore rets dmg is total crap , my war in WODs1 gear and he did more dmg than my ret in WODs3 + some mythic pieces in 3s and BGs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ESPG-1 View Post
    surprised not more people are talking about this, pvp sucks more than ever at the moment, everyones damage is weak AF except moonkins, DKs and shadow priests
    Locks seem to do good dmg and very good @ staying alive not sure whether its self heals or D-cds but they die hard

Deleted
    Arms warriors are pretty damn strong I think. They can do a LOT of damage with Opportunity Strikes/Overpower.

I've noticed druids seem to have a billion different ways to kite melee. Which, given how gluey melee are, is kinda necessary. But it isn't half annoying being rooted for 14 seconds or so. Especially when DKs only snare breaker is on a 1min CD. Would like to see Snares DR harder.

BG's suck for casters atm. Notably Frost Mages , Ele Shamans , Demo , Destro, Shadow. These are specs that literally cannot do anything when 1 or 2 melee get on top of them. Damage sucks but i suppose that's a tuning problem. Melee Vs Casters, balance wise it's the worse it's ever been. Too much mobility coupled with stuns and short interrupts means a caster such as a frost mage cannot get a cast off.

Would like to see Casters get their pruned mobility back or at least tone down melee mobility and introduce an interrupt spam protection duration once interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    BG's suck for casters atm. Notably Frost Mages , Ele Shamans , Demo , Destro, Shadow. These are specs that literally cannot do anything when 1 or 2 melee get on top of them. Damage sucks but i suppose that's a tuning problem. Melee Vs Casters, balance wise it's the worse it's ever been. Too much mobility coupled with stuns and short interrupts means a caster such as a frost mage cannot get a cast off.

Would like to see Casters get their pruned mobility back or at least tone down melee mobility and introduce an interrupt spam protection duration once interrupted.
    How do you find BM/MM hunters as a caster? As ret i find it a huge headache trying to catch a good hunter who knows how to kite behind trees/rocks with only 45 cd gap closers on my part...

Deleted
    Fury warrior PoV: rotation is very smooth and visually pleasing. 30% increased dmg taken during enrage is definitely a problem in BGs where many people are involved. Self-healing is quite low compared to what I have seen in previous beta builds.

DMG-wise fury seems to be in the middle of the pack (okayish burst and good sustained). Battle cry + avatar into rampage/raging blow (inner rage talent) does ~30% of the enemy health pool at best. In 6.2 I deleted people with recklessness/avatar in seconds. :P

It's really hard to 2vs1 people as fury even if you outplay them. We have an even more limited toolkit now. Arms has a lot more to offer and better DMG I think.
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2016-07-21 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Fury warrior PoV: rotation is very smooth and visually pleasing. 30% increased dmg taken during enrage is definitely a problem in BGs where many people are involved. Self-healing is quite low compared to what I have seen in previous beta builds.

DMG-wise fury seems to be in the middle of the pack (okayish burst and good sustained). Battle cry + avatar into rampage/raging blow (inner rage talent) does ~30% of the enemy health pool at best. In 6.2 I deleted people with recklessness/avatar in seconds. :P

It's really hard to 2vs1 people as fury even if you outplay them. We have an even more limited toolkit now. Arms has a lot more to offer and better DMG I think.

Also: Encountered a russian fury warrior with constantly 616k life (out of combat, no visible buffs) in arathi today, while I always have 446k. How is that possible?
    My guess would be he was in PvE gear full Mythic warforged? Since the template stats do scale with ilvl, but not 100% sure just an educated guess on my part (in addition to raid buffs?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    My guess would be he was in PvE gear full Mythic warforged? Since the template stats do scale with ilvl, but not 100% sure just an educated guess on my part (in addition to raid buffs?)
    Took that part out of my original post.

Someone told me the PvP stat templates aren't working 100% right now in BGs (and possibly arena). I paid attention to my HP in the next BG and I had 627k as well. Must really be the templates no working sometimes.

Took that part out of my original post.

Someone told me the PvP stat templates aren't working 100% right now in BGs (and possibly arena). I paid attention to my HP in the next BG and I had 627k as well. Must really be the templates no working sometimes.
    I actually wanted to test that (equipping few pieces of mythic gear inside a bg to see if my stats would scale from my pvp set or not), i will have to check it tonight after i get home, but it would not surprise me, since there are couple bugs atm

Shadow Priest - slow as fk. Maybe it's better with the honor talents? I can't shake melee off my face like before with tendrils + feathers or guise. The entire match a melee is eating my face blocking all my casts. O yeah, btw all my spells that aren't dots have a long cast time :c. RIP until I learn how to play better I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I actually wanted to test that (equipping few pieces of mythic gear inside a bg to see if my stats would scale from my pvp set or not), i will have to check it tonight after i get home, but it would not surprise me, since there are couple bugs atm
    Mythic gear will definitley improve your stats. I use my PvE 730 ilvl gear in PvP and it gives me higher stats than my PvP gear.

Mythic gear will definitley improve your stats. I use my PvE 730 ilvl gear in PvP and it gives me higher stats than my PvP gear.
    Yep, time to equip my legendary ring :P

Deleted
    So, another expansion with world of meleecraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as a hunter main im not very happy with changes. Yesterday in tannan a prot warr attacked me ( most probably pve geared ) and with my full 710 pvp gear I wasnt able to kill him and whats more terrible i wasnt able to escape without traps...
    So the question is is my gear from last season that bad ? or its a reign of tanks killing all that moves like if Im another trash mob ?
    To the point I have also WW monk, Rogue and Druid all full geared from last season in pvp which one to give a shot to stand a chance in world pvp atm ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So, another expansion with world of meleecraft?
    You're listening to people complain about not being able to get away from melee, without any pvp talents whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You're listening to people complain about not being able to get away from melee, without any pvp talents whatsoever.
    And many of the melee PvP talents stand as gap closers, and additional tools to keep the CC and high damage flowing.
    If we're being presented with the blank slate of PvP design, doesn't look good so far.

As an Spriest, my only means of removing a fury warrior off my face is psychic scream and mind bomb. Guess which class can't be feared? Warrior. And a weaker shadowfury as my second CC isn't that great. Plus, stuns over, and that warrior charges right back into my face. With all my CCs on cooldown, literally no speed boost spells at my disposal and miserable self-heals it all sounds like I need to avoid PvP at all costs as an Spriest.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-07-21 at 11:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    And many of the melee PvP talents stand as gap closers, and additional tools to keep the CC and high damage flowing.
    If we're being presented with the blank slate of PvP design, doesn't look good so far.

As an Spriest, my only means of removing a fury warrior off my face is psychic scream and mind bomb. Guess which class can't be feared? Warrior. And a weaker shadowfury as my second CC isn't that great. Plus, stuns over, and that warrior charges right back into my face. With all my CCs on cooldown, literally no speed boost spells at my disposal and miserable self-heals it all sounds like I need to avoid PvP at all costs as an Spriest.
    So one class is good against another class in pvp, color me surprised. This is different compared to the other expansions how?