Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can I get silenced for pulling extra trash in LFR and wiping the raid? Or is it just abusive / spam type chat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    I told someone to kill themselves and got silenced.

THE INJUSTICE.
    You deserved it, telling someone to commit suicide isn't even protected as free speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Can I get silenced for pulling extra trash in LFR and wiping the raid? Or is it just abusive / spam type chat?
    Just chat Sir, not silence-able until you CHAT <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I'll wait till there is solid evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess they can enjoy the ban with false reports.
    That's fine, and again - I'm just trusting that Asmongold is a solid person, not that he COULDN'T lie, but I've been following him for a long time, he's genuinely a good guy. I don't even think he meant to spark this new outrage, the ISSUE at had is that it's automated

"Don't be an asshole."
    "Does this count as being an asshole?"
    rabblerabblerabble
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

People who are getting Silenced will mostly likely deserve it if they are Trolling, harassing, or just being general assholes to people. If you have an anger issue, or can't control your own typing actions, you should be silenced, or remove yourself from the chat channels.

Personally, I stay out of most Global channels because it is nothing but that; Trolls and people complain and yelling at each other about Guilds steal loot, or people screaming "1v1 BRAH, GIT REKT." Ontop of the insane amounts of random spam with unrelated topics to the TRADE Channel.
    Only times I enter the Global chats are when I need to get information for something, or to find people, or to sell / buy items that I can't find on the AH, or are insanely priced.

It is because of the community that I favor not only the Silence system; But would also encourage the removal of the Global channels.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

This is the cost of free speech, lads. Careful what you wish for.

This is what I imagine some of the people that are reporting are like:

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    This is the cost of free speech, lads. Careful what you wish for.
    The second an active blizzard team member gets silenced on their own PERSONAL account - so that they know how it feels to have the freedom of speech/basically a SEMI-BAN in the game for literally saying something like: "LFG bigdaddy, pst" - they will change this bullshit

"Oh no I can't be an asshole in /2 anymore. Clearly the SJW have won! buuuhuuu"
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Man the wow community is such a cesspool of trolls and people who throw their weight into a topic without researching it at all, much like the game itself is full of new/lazy players who do no prior research before becoming dead weight everyone else is forced to deal with.

Anyone with any sense at all is seeing this for what is really is, an absolute failure to combat the type of behavior the system is intended to, and instead a system that just gives problematic players who deserve a good vacation from the game a new tool to torment and harass people with.

Anywayyyyys, below are the known basic facts about the new silence penalty and everyone who does not fit into the two categories I described previously was expecting no less because we are not ignorant fools.

1. The silence penalty is in fact not given out manually, it is automated as everyone expected it would be. Which means Blizzard 100% lied about what this thing really is and how it will work and therefore they have lost credibility to anyone that isn't a 100% Rick McCallum wannabe yes-man.

2. Any and all reports past a certain amount, regardless of whether or not you actually violated policy will silence you, from what we can tell on a scale that begins with a 48 hour silence.

The proof is that a fairly well known streamer, Asmongold, did this on live stream, merely said I love warcraft in chat 1 time and 40 people were encouraged to report him, and that resulted in this:

For more information on that check out this link.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-20 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    Why don't you try moderating your behaviour in public?

I cuss as well, but not in front of my children, and not in front of my grandparents, and not in crowded shopping malls. Why is it so difficult to restrain yourself in an MMO? It's so diffficult that you'd rather just opt for 'no more socializing' entirely?!
    I refuse to censor myself when there's already language filters in the game so I'm going to opt to just not partake.

Comparing cussing on the internet to cussing in front of children, your grandparents, or a crowded shopping mall is a laughable comparison.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Oh, so you honestly think a mass of people are going to go and report one guy 39+ times instantly?
    I'm saying that it's been demonstrated it's flawed in a controlled environment. Literally nothing preventing anyone else with the agenda of reporting people for the fuck of it from doing it.

Look, I'm sorry you can't be an asshole in chat anymore and use it as your personal meme factory with your guild where no one gets your little inside jokes that's supposed to make the rest of us laugh or spam your 2 paragraph guild recruitment message 10 times in 3 minutes.
    I love the assumptions that, if you're against this kind of system, you must be an asshole. Why are you assuming that I even have trade chat (or any channels) in ANY of my windows? You "moral high ground" people are god damn hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I don't get why assholes think that a game owned by a private company should somehow be a free-for-all for their toxicity.

You can be punished for extreme speech by your government/employer/friends etc, why should you be able to get away with it in Blizzard's property if they chose otherwise?
    Paid for by the players/customers. Not defending asshat punks in trade but let's at least keep that part straight.

And here is more proof. I've only played on Illidan oh since the game went live, so before the vast majority of people who currently play. I've known this cat just from trade/lfg chat at least going back to WOTLK and he jokes around a lot, he's active in global channels and probably one of the most social players on the server.

He most certainly does not spam or use abusive language. He is not the only person on my server who almost immediately received a penalty for no reason at all related to actual violation of the terms of service. Only because of other players abusing the report system.

Face the facts, the issue with this feature has nothing to do with people's behavior at all and the small amount of people who actually think this is going to remove problematic behavior from the game are living in a dream world.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-20 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummm go to the website contact a GM, It takes at most 30mins. If they see you was false reported then the report on you will be removed and those who spammed it will be punished.

Is that so hard to do?
    Many areas and servers have 10+ hrs of wait time and damage will already be done by that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    And here is more proof. I've only played on Illidan oh since the game went live, so before the vast majority of people who currently play. I've known this cat just from trade/lfg chat at least going back to TBC and he jokes around a lot, he's active in global channels and probably one of the most social players on the server.

He most certainly does not spam or use abusive language. He is not the only person on my server who almost immediately received a penalty for no reason at all related to actual violation of the terms of service. Only because of other players abusing the report system.

Face the facts, the issue with this feature has nothing to do with people's behavior at all and the small amount of people who actually think this is going to remove problematic behavior from the game are living in a dream world.
    System is automatic and triggers on amount of reports filed. so yeah it is ripe for abuse like nothing we have seen before. really it is like Blizzard doesnt know how shitty the communities are right now since report report report report is the game some are enjoying the most

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Paid for by the players/customers. Not defending asshat punks in trade but let's at least keep that part straight.
    I pay to eat at a restaurant too, doesn't mean if I go around spitting on people and cussing up a storm I won't get kicked out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    I'm for a system that punishes Blizz for the stupid shit and lies they put out, voted on by the players. 3 strikes and Blizz is banned and another company takes over.

If only it were thus...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I pay to eat at a restaurant too, doesn't mean if I go around spitting on people and cussing up a storm I won't get kicked out.
    I said I don't defend the asshats, so you missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    I said I don't defend the asshats, so you missed the point.
    I didn't miss it, I responded to it exactly. Paying for something doesn't entitle you to behave however you wish.

i reported anyone in trade that was a mage last night for 2 hours, i will continue to report mages until they all get silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    This is more like paying to eat at a restaurant and then the rest of the customers voting you out of the restaurant for wearing a Trump2016 hat even though the owner said people can only vote you out for spitting in their food.
    I thought that was ok with most of the MMO-Champ crowd?

But no, not every person being silenced are victims of the system being abused.

If you get silenced, good odds are you deserved it. Just because something CAN be abused doesn't mean every instance of it IS abuse.

By that logic, maybe all the men in prison really are innocent like they claim to be.