Thread: Marks of Honor

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Marks of Honor

Does anyone know if there is a chance of you getting these if you lose?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a chance of you getting these if you lose?
    Not sure, but yesterday i won 7 bgs, i got mark of honor for each win, i lost 5 i think, i got none for my loses =(.

Btw did any1 notice how the gear costs 3 marks but 2h weapon costs 80 marks....isnt it a bit too much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Same with Sneg, I won like 3 and lost 2 (I'm doing awful at heals right meow) - I have 3 marks of honor. (I am going to use these marks to gear up my FILTHY unplayed alts <3 - because I want to closeline myself by healing right now [it's wonderful, thank you mana consumption])

I have won about 5 games and no gotten a single one!!!! WTF!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played about 10 BGs today and only got marks for wins, and it gave me one for every win.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the front page, regarding yesterday's changes.

PvP Changes
    The PvP system received a large overhaul for Legion, allowing for easier and better balancing.

Honor Points and Conquest Points were removed.
    Items now cost Mark of Honor, obtained from Battlegrounds, Arenas, and Skirmishes.
    The 5v5 Arena bracket has been retired. "Arena Master" achievement has been converted into a Feat of Strength.
    Winning a Battleground with characters below level 110 now awards a Crate of Battlefield Goods. Players on the opposing team also have a chance to receive a crate with an increasing chance based on team score at the end of a match. The crate contains a piece of armor appropriate for the character’s level and specialization with a chance for the crate to contain additional rewards such as weapons or relics.
    PvP stat templates are active.
    I would assume its the same at 100. But it sounds like you need to be damn near close to carrying your team to get said mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewyn View Post
    I've played about 10 BGs today and only got marks for wins, and it gave me one for every win.
    So far I have gotten one for every win, but this is a horrible system for my battlegroup. It is not often horde does well in BGs here and it is making it a royal pain to get Marks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post

Btw did any1 notice how the gear costs 3 marks but 2h weapon costs 80 marks....isnt it a bit too much?
    Reading from the legion wowhead page on Marks someone said that it is 5 marks for a single wep, but 80 marks for ALL weapons from a season (including those not usable by your class)

Reading from the legion wowhead page on Marks someone said that it is 5 marks for a single wep, but 80 marks for ALL weapons from a season (including those not usable by your class)
    Thank you mate, that does make sence. I didnt get a chance to take a long look around, that's why i was like wtf??? 80 marks for a wpn??? Thank you for clarification =)

- - - Updated - - -

By the way guys, marks are account bound, so u can farm them on your main (geared toon) and give them to your alt in a crap gear. I think it may work same way cross faction as long as they are on the same server

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Thank you mate, that does make sence. I didnt get a chance to take a long look around, that's why i was like wtf??? 80 marks for a wpn??? Thank you for clarification =)

- - - Updated - - -

By the way guys, marks are account bound, so u can farm them on your main (geared toon) and give them to your alt in a crap gear. I think it may work same way cross faction as long as they are on the same server
    works for all toons on ur acc, i was able to send them to my horde on a diff server.

it should be 2 marks of honor for win and 1 mark of honor for loss.

the amount of ppl still fighting for honor points is unreal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post

This would be ideal. Everyone gets something, but you get more if you win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

Well right now I think most are just going in seeing how the class's/specs feel - Since everythings kind of been normalized in terms of gear etc.

- - - Updated - - -

This would be ideal. Everyone gets something, but you get more if you win.
    This is world of warcraft, not world of lootcraft - No I get you though, and I agree <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    From the front page, regarding yesterday's changes.

I would assume its the same at 100. But it sounds like you need to be damn near close to carrying your team to get said mark.
    I think it's just a win tbh, I think any loss nets you 0, and win gives you 1. I mean as far as I can tell. And I hope people know that gear is normalized.. gearing up 710 ilvl will only really help out a little.. at least in PVP so.. yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renlor View Post
    I have won about 5 games and no gotten a single one!!!! WTF!!!

Something's wrong here - Just because you're top on the meter doesn't mean your team won ^_- <33333

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

This is world of warcraft, not world of lootcraft - No I get you though, and I agree <3
    Well they could increase the prices of the loot along with the change. For me I really just like a feeling of progress. When you get nothing for losing it just feels like you have stalled. I just don't think that's fun. I need a little of a carrot on a stick to keep me going.

Edit: They could also give you like a 30% chance of getting one as a loser or something. They way losing doesn't always feel like a slap in the face.

Additional Edit: Another issue I see is when they updated the system to Marks of Honor they sort of priced everything with a broad brush. New weapons are 5 marks, old weapons are five marks. It used to be a new weapon was 3500 Honor and an old one was 350 honor. By that math they should double the amount of marks gained from a win to two and make it 2 marks for an old weapon and 10 marks for a new weapon. That way it would stay in line with the old honor.
    Last edited by Aeriedk; 2016-07-20 at 11:56 PM.

Deleted
    So regarding bgs: I queued for bg with my 650~ ilvl arms warrior, I had 217k hp in bg, and I felt like I wasn't doing any damage. Is this normal? Isn't gear supposed to be normalised? I had even less hp than out of the bg lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Well they could increase the prices of the loot along with the change. For me I really just like a feeling of progress. When you get nothing for losing it just feels like you have stalled. I just don't think that's fun. I need a little of a carrot on a stick to keep me going.

Edit: They could also give you like a 30% chance of getting one as a loser or something. They way losing doesn't always feel like a slap in the face.
    They need to hire you - I think that 30% method should be in game damnit! I've gone on a losing streak before, especially right now when I'm the only damn healer because nobody else wants to roll heals (btw, healing is BRUTAL because mana is just freaken terrible, like - you'll run out of mana in 3 minutes FLAT now..), so - pretty much the other teams in rando bg's just train me, then train my team lol. So I think 30% to get a token should be in game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    So regarding bgs: I queued for bg with my 650~ ilvl arms warrior, I had 217k hp in bg, and I felt like I wasn't doing any damage. Is this normal? Isn't gear supposed to be normalised? I had even less hp than out of the bg lol.
    link your char please? I'd like to take a look

10+ Year Old Account

Well we are talking about a dead system and irrelevant gear so what difference does it make?

Why create a new loot system for what is now old content? In a month no one will care and these marks will over flow and never be spent.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I think it's just a win tbh, I think any loss nets you 0, and win gives you 1. I mean as far as I can tell. And I hope people know that gear is normalized.. gearing up 710 ilvl will only really help out a little.. at least in PVP so.. yeah.
    Wait so I pull information off the front page and you tell me I'm wrong? Patches bring out the crazies...

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Well we are talking about a dead system and irrelevant gear so what difference does it make?

Why create a new loot system for what is now old content? In a month no one will care and these marks will over flow and never be spent.

Wait so I pull information off the front page and you tell me I'm wrong? Patches bring out the crazies...
    Thanks for calling me crazies' I needed that m8. Yeah bro, a Gold box gives you a mark - a loss that doesn't net you a gold box still has a chance to give you something else like 10-20 gold or a random piece of green gear. lol - it doesn't give you a mark, and that's what we are talking about MARKS OF HONOR - the thread title

- - - Updated - - -

So your quote of: "I would assume its the same at 100. But it sounds like you need to be damn near close to carrying your team to get said mark." is yes indeed, WRONG - you're needing your team to WIN the bg, to get a mark. It has nothing about carrying, or whatever you want, it's a WIN situation giving you a mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    Thats odd, i do the same on my dk and had 409k hp lol.

Well i can definitely confirm you don't get one for a loss.

Source? i'm horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm just queueing BGs on my geared characters to test them in the pre-patch and sending all the marks to my no-gear monk. Works out pretty well.