Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    What bothers me about this whole scandal is that despite the speechwritter admiting it was a mistake , Trump supporters still insist on Trump playing some sort of 5d chess. It really reminds me of a cult of personality.

Almost every great speech borrows, sorry plagiarises from someone else's speech before them. Many of our greatest speakers have already made the best speeches, and there isn't much material left to improve upon. Obama was accused of Plagiarism back in 2008, and nobody has brought that up yet either. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/19/us...aign.html?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Almost every great speech borrows, sorry plagiarises from someone else's speech before them. Many of our greatest speakers have already made the best speeches, and there isn't much material left to improve upon. Obama was accused of Plagiarism back in 2008, and nobody has brought that up yet either. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/19/us...aign.html?_r=0
    Accusing someone of plagiarism when using similar topics and a few of the same words is one thing. Mrs Trump used something like 35 CONSECUTIVE words that were identical. That's pretty much as obvious as it gets. Plus, they already admitted to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Accusing someone of plagiarism when using similar topics and a few of the same words is one thing. Mrs Trump used something like 35 CONSECUTIVE words that were identical. That's pretty much as obvious as it gets. Plus, they already admitted to it.
    its a single paragraph, who cares. plus English isn't her first language anyway. blame the Ukraine.

its a single paragraph, who cares. plus English isn't her first language anyway. blame the Ukraine.
    Since when is this a defense of plagiarism? She's fluent in english and its a full paragraph.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Ukraine caused the plagiarism? Damn Putin may want to know this.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted
    blame the Ukraine.
    She's a Yugoslavian born former Slovenian. Blaming Ukraine wouldn't be very fair.

I'm a liberal democrat and I am sick of MSNBC reporting about her speech. Its not important. There are more important things to report about. Why would anyone expect her to give a great speech anyways. She is a mail order trophy wife.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dookrubbins View Post
    eh, i think she's hot so she gets a free pass from me.
    she's more plastic than a lego, and not even the good kind of plastic, more like the stretched out, sun-baked garbage bag type of plastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    She is a mail order trophy wife.
    Exactly, she's a quarterwit (calling her a halfwit is a compliment) from Slovenia lining her pockets with the money of an unlikable American businessman (even the most devout trump supporters know that he's a piece of shit, he's just the puppet of some campaign manager who throws words in his mouth), as she makes him feel like he's something more than an unattractive (in and out) shell of a man with nothing more than cash to throw.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm not sure if its been posted yet, but the staff writer that did the speech for Melania has taken responsibility for it and has apologized for the plagiarism.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/melania-t...000000807.html
    Considering that not only the concepts but the exact syntax, order, and sentence structures were used, it's far, far more likely that she's being paid or pushed into taking the blame for it. Completely unverifiable claim that is feeble at best to explain how closely connected they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Considering that not only the concepts but the exact syntax, order, and sentence structures were used, it's far, far more likely that she's being paid or pushed into taking the blame for it. Completely unverifiable claim that is feeble at best to explain how closely connected they are.
    I think the best part is where the republican candidate's wife is expressing admiration and deep respect for the principles of the democrat's wife when said husband and party is adamant neither have done anything worth anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I think the best part is where the republican candidate's wife is expressing admiration and deep respect for the principles of the democrat's wife when said husband and party is adamant neither have done anything worth anything.
    I still like to secretly believe it's a "message" to the world saying "I'M DOOMED. I MADE A MISTAKE AND WON'T COME OUT OF THIS ALIVE, BUT PLEASE ALL - SAVE YOURSELVES!!! SEE THE FALSE GOD THAT IS TRYING TO DESTROY AMERICA!!"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I'm interested to know why there isn't more press to her lying about having a degree in architecture.
    Not much story to build upon there, I'm afraid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    She would be the first college dropout first lady since...

(does research)

...since Barbara Bush who dropped out of Smith in 1945, and well, that's kind of understandable. Hell, even Pat Nixon graduated, and that was in the damn thirties.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Pretty much, unless Donald Dump delegates her to run the department of building code regulations reform or something...

I'm not sure if its been posted yet, but the staff writer that did the speech for Melania has taken responsibility for it and has apologized for the plagiarism.

Didn't she claim that she wrote her speech herself? I'm soooo confused now, which one is a lie, the part that she wrote the speech or the part that somebody else wrote it?

Also seriously though, the speech itself looked like a ''summary'' made by a 12 year old that just changed a few words. If the Trump campaign can't do this shit right how can he be the best dealmaker when he fails to do small things right.

She said she had help.
    Huge difference between helping somebody and writing the speech to the point that you can justify taking the blame for it.

Help would mean that the writer changed a few words

Even the confession is a half-assed nonsensical attempt.

"She read me words from a speech, but I forgot to see if they were part of a speech".

Ooooook