Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I just did LFR Black Gate and 1shot it for the first time ever without going in with a premade.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    Why shouldn't it? Everytime a pre-patch drops, there's complaints about how something doesn't seem to work well or this class is OP, or this ability is broken. It because the new stuff is balanced for life around 110 not the current content.
    Up to date, no prepatch has resulted in nerfs to every single class. Even if something was nerfed to "broken" state, someone else was buffed, so it evened out across the population. Right now, everyone is weaker than before - in some cases it might be a small difference, for others it's losing half of their dps.

The mere fact that 30% nerf to an instance didn't really make it any easier is proof enough. In 3.0, there was a similar nerf that completely gutted Sunwell. Here, it didn't even compensate for all else we have lost.

I'd rather they focus on the expansion then whether or not the game feels good during this month.

Deleted
    Haha it's true. LFR is harder and gives worse gear then heroic raid

Deleted
    LFR has always been harder than HC. Managing the amount of trolls, people with two left hands and the ones who "brb, phone" along with those who are playing the game on Texas Instrument pocket calculators from -92 makes it truly the pinnacle of all hardmode raids.

July 20 hotfix notes:

"Enemies have been weakened in all encounters in Warlords of Draenor dungeons and Hellfire Citadel on all difficulties."

Also:

We've made a few more tweaks to abilities that were unaffected by Demoralized (e.g. Wrought/Focused Chaos) because they were "friendly-fire" damage. Those hotfixes should now be live, and will be documented in hotfix notes later today.

Raid Finder should also now be receiving a weaker form of the Demoralized debuff (many of the changes that the Normal/Heroic/Mythic version is offsetting involve things like high-end raid trinkets that aren't as commonly present in Raid Finder).

That said, having seen how Normal, Heroic, and Mythic have played out over the course of the first day of the patch, raiding has been easier in some ways (many combat times are a bit faster, even if on-pull burst is slower), but harder in others (healer throughput is more stressed, old methods of handling some mechanics are no longer reproducible, etc.). That's not the intent - were definitely aiming for "slightly easier" across the board. We'll be increasing the magnitude of the Demoralized debuff later today, and will continue to keep an eye on content.

We're also looking at introducing a form of the debuff to Warlords dungeons (Mythic especially).
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2016-07-21 at 12:13 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    well, good then. the content isn't intended to be done without a tank.
    Its LFR and i'm 745, the fuck you think
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Did you miss the fact that some people can't play their main at all because it's broken? Fucking blowzard drones.
    You're the one who's supporting their continued expansion massacres. Sleep in the bed you're letting them make for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Its LFR and i'm 745, the fuck you think
    What is your point? Your epeen should kill "raid" bosses? Sorry, get in the proper spec or suffer the consequences.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    What is your point? Your epeen should kill "raid" bosses? Sorry, get in the proper spec or suffer the consequences.
    Oh 1/13M players are so cute.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Seems like the game is really poorly balanced, which I think reflects the disagreement here about whether the game got easier or harder. My feral has had its DPS drop like a rock - from 130k before patch to 60k after patch. Others have seen almost no change. Some have seen a slight buff.

So it really depends a lot on your composition.

Of course this happening was obvious to those of us on the beta, but the game was often untestable due to massive bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    Blizzard fucked up a lot with current content. People with 730 gear are saying Mythic dungeons are wrecking their tanks.
    It's because all the tanks got pretty significant changes to their play patterns, and the tanks haven't adjusted.

Read: Get good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    It's because all the tanks got pretty significant changes to their play patterns, and the tanks haven't adjusted.

Read: Get good.
    This. Went in with my guild mates and mythic really felt like Heroic before patch at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Maybe this will make all the LFR players quit or step up their game. There's no such thing as a good LFR player. Win/Win for everyone!
    Dunno, but there are different LFR players:

People showing Epeen while farming points and destroy damage meters.
    "Good" players (like players being able to clear some mythic bosses) that could do acceptable damage, but are arrogant bastards that afk or queue up as healer and do damage while heal is missing due to ->
    -> mediocre players and bad players. At least they try to play, it would be enough for the old LFR.

The second mentioned playerbase is definetly the worse. Because the bad players will still try and will do anything to defeat a boss.
    The "good" players are arrogant piece of shits, flaming, leaving after the first wipe, go afk etc.

EDIT: Funny, I haven't even seen the example above. The guy trying to tank as a Fury, saying something like "LOOK AT ME IM FABOLOUS 745 ILVL YOU FAG LOL LOW SHIT 1 MYTHIC BOSS ONLY"

These are the people fucking LFR up
    Last edited by mmoc50a729cd06; 2016-07-21 at 02:10 PM.

Facerolled LFR today. We killed some bosses faster than some trash packs. Seemed easier than before. But the group was amazing so I don't know.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Oh 1/13M players are so cute.
    Why make a snarky comment like this? You are the type of player that honestly ruins LFR and other aspects of the game. You think you're hot stuff, but no one is impressed, if for no reason other than your arrogance and belittling of other players.

I had to deal with someone very similar, a priest who queued for heals, but stayed shadow the whole time. We wiped on a boss, and when I asked him to heal, since he queued as heals, he insisted that he needs to be DPS because if the dps is high enough, then the healers won't have to heal as long. He also said healing is boring and he hates it. THEN WHY QUEUE AS HEALS? I know why: for the shorter queue time.. but he wouldn't understand how selfish and rude it is to everyone else.

I prefer to dps as well, but if I queue as tank or heals for the shorter queue, I fulfill that role!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    Blizzard fucked up a lot with current content. People with 730 gear are saying Mythic dungeons are wrecking their tanks.
    Then they have some shitty fucking tanks. I tanked the full run of mythic dungeons yesterday and didn't die once, on a warrior that's ilvl 700ish.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Then they have some shitty fucking tanks. I tanked the full run of mythic dungeons yesterday and didn't die once, on a warrior that's ilvl 700ish.
    Yesterday they nerfed dungeon content.

10+ Year Old Account
    welcome to prepatch
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Pretty sure they also nerfed them yesterday, so you probably got in on the easier mode after the nerf.