Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey.

I thought this scene looked familiar.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    What is their job? Murdering unarmed civilians?
    Dealing with a suicidal man with a gun call.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    And yet he was.
    Yes he was.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Of which there was no gun, and they shot a man who was doing exactly as they asked and laying down with his hands in the air.

And they do their job by shooting an unarmed man.

Yea, they clearly have earned the trust to be able to handle a situation they clearly have zero training for.

He decided to interfere in an active 911 call after being told several times not to, of course you don't see that part of the video.
    Dude, I am right there with you on 95% of the police shootings, but this one, come on.

There is no justifiable reason for the officer to fire his weapon.

The more you attempt to create a narrative about the police being innocent in this situation, the less likely people will listen when there is a shooting where it was warranted.

And they do their job by shooting an unarmed man.

Yea, they clearly have earned the trust to be able to handle a situation they clearly have zero training for.
    Doesn't matter, it's a police 911 call.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Dude, I am right there with you on 95% of the police shootings, but this one, come on.

There is no justifiable reason for the officer to fire his weapon.
    I never said there was, quite the contrary I said he didn't deserve to get shot, BUT if he let the police handle the 911 call instead of interfering he wouldn't have gotten shot.

Also you're seeing half of the video at best.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said there was, quite the contrary I said he didn't deserve to get shot, BUT if he let the police handle the 911 call instead of interfering he wouldn't have gotten shot.
    It's almost like people don't actually read the things you write.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

It DOES matter.

The police did not understand the situation and the man did. Just being a cop does not give them the right to shoot first and ask questions later. We've had enough of that horse shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet again, he was not interfering one bit in their call. He was laying down and trying to talk to the autistic guy to get him to comply as well. They have 0 training to deal with autistic people, this man does it as a career. I would say they were interfering in his business by pointing guns at unarmed people and shooting them.

Also you're seeing half of the video at best.
    And the boy probably would have, because they displayed staggering levels of incompetence in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I would say they were interfering in his business by pointing guns at unarmed people and shooting them.
    Well you'd be wrong in your assumption, but carry on.

Yea, he was interfering in their business of trying to kill an unarmed mentally disabled kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet again, he was not interfering one bit in their call. He was laying down and trying to talk to the autistic guy to get him to comply as well. They have 0 training to deal with autistic people, this man does it as a career. I would say they were interfering in his business by pointing guns at unarmed people and shooting them.
    if the therapist had a uniform or turned out to be a firefighter, @lockedout 's brain would explode

Well I wouldn't be, seeing as he was the only one there licensed to deal with the individual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    lol, if the therapist had a uniform or turned out to be a firefighter, @lockedout 's brain would explode
    The world's smallest explosion?

Infracted: Please do not insult other users
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-07-22 at 12:39 AM.

It DOES matter.

The police did not understand the situation and the man did. Just being a cop does not give them the right to shoot first and ask questions later. We've had enough of that horse shit.
    the police fucked up royally here but how are they supposed to know they guy understood the situation and they didn't, they get a call about a suicidal man with a gun, given the sheer amount of guns in the country they have to assume anything a guy is holding in that situation is a gun until they can be sure otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    the police fucked up royally here but how are they supposed to know they guy understood the situation and they didn't, they get a call about a suicidal man with a gun, given the sheer amount of guns in the country they have to assume anything a guy is holding in that situation is a gun until they can be sure otherwise.
    Well you see, and this is assuming the officers are indeed human, we have this ability to communicate with words to figure out what's going on in a situation. Instead, they draw their guns and make an autistic individual more uncomfortable and then shoot the only person on the scene who was trying to remedy the problem.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There used to be time when cops used their weapons as a last resort. They preferred to solve the issue without lethal force. Having a therapist or family talk the suspect down made things easier for the officer. Things changed and few people seem interested in changing it back.

How do you turn a country into a police state?
    By slowing convincing the population that they need one.

Well you see, and this is assuming the officers are indeed human, we have this ability to communicate with words to figure out what's going on in a situation. Instead, they draw their guns and make an autistic individual more uncomfortable and then shoot the only person on the scene who was trying to remedy the problem.
    did you not read the first 5 words or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    It wouldn't matter as long as the police are able to justify WHY they shot at all, especially given all the information they had. So far, they cannot.

If that does not make you extremely worried, then you can expect much more of the same and worse.