Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Friendship Moose guy Silenced.

https://twitter.com/Zelse007/status/755907002635878401

I guess the GM who investigated didn't like all the friendship. Since no one will be silenced without an investigation, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    So a random guy got reported? What is the big deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    In the few moments I took to check the twitter, it seems to me like it's one of the people who were trying to help people get the moose for free from HFC got reported by a ton of people who were trying to sell the mount instead and got him silenced even though he did nothing wrong.

That being said, I would like a bit more info behind this if anyone happens to have more than just the guy's twitter account?

Deleted
    The big deal is that it proves that the system can be abused and that what they said about there being someone checking the silence reports turns out to not be entirely true.

And a random mmo-c spammer trying to get his post counter up or you are seriously stupid.

The big deal is those reports were supposed to be reviewed while they are fully automated and few morons can get your account out of any social activities because they are just jerks.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-07-21 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    The big deal is that it proves that the system can be abused and that what they said about there being someone checking the silence reports turns out to not be entirely true.
    Any feature that blizzard makes can be abused. thats the risk.
    There is always 2 sides to it, never go fully one sided please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Ideally it shouldn't be this abusable though.

This would just be silly. Just imagine what will happen to raiding guilds competing for realm first.

Sure, any feature CAN be abused, but no feature should be as bad and abused as this silence thing.

A lot of people are getting silenced because trolls and assholes are taking advantage of the system and using it to be a dick in an even bigger way than screaming in trade chat. Now these people are actually affecting others gameplay. The moose guy was getting a bunch of people together to get people the moose mount for free, a bunch of trolls and assholes reported him and now hes silenced.

Are you seriously saying thats how this system should work? Should I come on your server and multibox so I can report you from multiple characters and have you silenced? Thats just another exploit of this system, along with the many many others. I also didnt know saying I love world of warcraft in trade chat was an offense, because Asmon did that and got silenced.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-21 at 01:27 AM.

I think the whole problem with this silence thing is that the silencing effects go into play before anyone reviews it. They should really only just be chat banning people for an hour or two if mass reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That being said, I would like a bit more info behind this if anyone happens to have more than just the guy's twitter account?
    I don't have anything else to link to, but he has been banned previously (more than once I believe) due to reports of "ingame advertising" and whatnot. He's had to contact CS a whole bunch about it. Hard to know without something official about what channel he was reported on, but it was prolly group finder since he always has runs there so people who don't follow him on Twitter might come across it.

I don't like automatically attributing it to run sellers, since it's perfectly possible that it's just people trying to troll him in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    They should really only just be chat banning people for an hour or two if mass reported.
    I'd be surprisingly OK with this. I like the idea for the system, but I was holding opinion until it was seen if it was fully automated or not. Now that I know it's fully automated, I think it needs review.

I'm sure Steve from India did a thorough investigation.

I was optimistic about the silence system, but it can't go on like this. Blizzard either need to make significant changes or remove it altogether.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold got himself silenced on purpose by forming a full raid group and had him reported when he said he loved world of warcraft.

Lol

I'm eating my hat on this one when I said this wouldn't happen. I'm surprised how fast it happened too, holy shit.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-07-21 at 01:28 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Friendship Moose guy got his silence reviewed and it was reversed.

Why isn't there proof of what he actually posted?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    at least this isint as bad as guild wars 2. send a couple of items or a few hundred gold to someone and they get their account banned

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    I'm sure Steve from India did a thorough investigation.
    thanks for this =)

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Why isn't there proof of what he actually posted?
    He posted the e-mail on the twitter link, is that not enough?

Not really random.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/201...oose-6-16-2016

It seems rather backwards to automaticly silence players while the investigation is pending. Sure it keeps the culprits from posting while the gms are deciding whether or not they did anything wrong but it does also hurt the innocent people.