Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They need to keep track of reports that get reversed, and after like some number of bogus reports they should be able to flag an account such that it can simply no longer generate reports against other players (or they're just silently ignored which could be a capability they have and we'd never know about it).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Why isn't there proof of what he actually posted?
    Because it is litterally impossible to prove (with screenshots) that he didn't say something offensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    It seems rather backwards to automaticly silence players while the investigation is pending. Sure it keeps the culprits from posting while the gms are deciding whether or not they did anything wrong but it does also hurt the innocent people.
    The same is true for random battlegrounds. A player can be removed and given the deserter debuff based solely on right-click+report afk, even when they're actively engaged in combat.

What, if you knew who this guy was you would know he does free moose runs for people so they dont have to pay. Everyone just assumes someone was doing something wrong.. Lord forbid you ever become a white cop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    It seems rather backwards to automaticly silence players while the investigation is pending. Sure it keeps the culprits from posting while the gms are deciding whether or not they did anything wrong but it does also hurt the innocent people.
    It's pretty similar to what happens on Youtube with *copyright infringement* It's more or less guilty until proven innocent. I'm just surprised stuff happened so quickly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    He posted the e-mail on the twitter link, is that not enough?
    No? Did you read what I wrote? I want to see WHY he was silenced so I can know what to expect from this system.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

That's a shame. Friendship moose is at like 483 archimonde kills last time I saw.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    What, if you knew who this guy was you would know he does free moose runs for people so they dont have to pay. Everyone just assumes someone was doing something wrong.. Lord forbid you ever become a white cop
    I don't know who the guy is, that's why I made a post asking for some more information.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

No? Did you read what I wrote? I want to see WHY he was silenced so I can know what to expect from this system.
    Not sure how you expect to get that answer if they showed the e-mail and it didn't even state exactly why aside from abusive chat, which if that information was available, it would be right there in the e-mail.

I mean, combine that with the video proof that 39 people reporting you for nothing instantly applies this silence with the fact that they reversed the moose guy's one, I think it's pretty reasonable to think that whatever reason it was, it wasn't a legitimate reason.

Well, knowing enough about Zelse, it was probably a campaign to report his Group Finder post where he says the next run for free community moose rewards is at such and such time. And I'm guessing this new system doesn't actually say what it was that got you silenced anyway, based on that email.

I see, so you guys are saying that even he doesn't know why he got silenced for sure?
    We are assuming based on whomever he is, but it could be something otherwise.

Now THAT sucks.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    ONEAzerothTV

Friendship wins.

I mean, combine that with the video proof that 39 people reporting you for nothing instantly applies this silence with the fact that they reversed the moose guy's one, I think it's pretty reasonable to think that whatever reason it was, it wasn't a legitimate reason.
    One has nothing to do with the other. Just because Asmongold got himself silenced by having his peons all report him simultaneously does not mean some other person wasn't spewing vile nonsense that a whole bunch of people reported.

Not that I think this guy was, but just because one situation is a certain way does not mean a totally separate situation is the same.

We are assuming based on whomever he is, but it could be something otherwise.
    He's gotten banned multiple times mid-raid from people reporting him for spamming or abuse or language or advertising or what have you. It's not that much of an assumption to figure he was trolled or attacked by run sellers. He's got a couple personality things that irk me, but he's not the kind of guy that would legitemately get silenced. At least not this soon after it was added.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    One has nothing to do with the other. Just because Asmongold got himself silenced by having his peons all report him simultaneously does not mean some other person wasn't spewing vile nonsense that a whole bunch of people reported.

Not that I think this guy was, but just because one situation is a certain way does not mean a totally separate situation is the same.
    I didn't say it's the same exact thing, I'm saying the chances of a person who's been putting in work to help everyone get a mount for free suddenly becoming extremely toxic is less likely than people being annoyed that they can't sell their mount carry, and that it's reasonable to think that's why he got banned was because he got mass reported. Add in the fact that it was reversed says to me that he wasn't just being a jerk, so you're really only left with one alternative.

Just think, all it takes is 2 mythic raiding guilds to decide they don't want him giving out free mounts. Is that really unlikely?

Oh look more proof it is automated and not actually reviewed. Shitty system.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh look more proof it is automated and not actually reviewed. Shitty system.
    No no no, see, it's not a big deal because if you're innocent, all you have to do is tell Blizzard to do their job instead of relying on players or a machine to do it for them.

....I mean ask a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    No no no, see, it's not a big deal because if you're innocent, all you have to do is tell Blizzard to do their job instead of relying on players or a machine to do it for them.

....I mean ask a GM.
    Blizzard do their job? Best joke of the day so far mate.

Ideally it shouldn't be this abusable though.

This would just be silly. Just imagine what will happen to raiding guilds competing for realm first.
    Nothing, because you can still communicate in group and over the voice comms that real guilds use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Thanks for the new signature.

I haven't seen anything reported yet, but then, even in LFD/LFR/PUGs with bads, I tend to not be mouthy/mean. Unless they are first, and I'm tanking. THAT really gets on my nerves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS