Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really pleased with 7.0.3 so far.

Admittedly, I haven't spent more than 30 minutes with any one class ; just been hopping through all my alts and servers, tidying up Action Bars, sorting my wardrobe out, battering a target dummy for a minute or two...

Perhaps it also helps that I'm coming back to the game after a long absence, so I don't experience so much of the BEFORE/AFTER shock. Everything seems fresh and interesting, and my memory is too hazy to really compare it with 'the way it used to be'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    People are fine with change.
    That is disappointing. You should know better. Change is always difficult and there are plenty of players who--myself among them--who have grown a little weary of major class revisions with each expansion. I'm not weighing in on whether the changes in the patch are good or bad.

But to say that "people are fine with change" is not only a generalization but not true. Some are; many aren't.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The absolute biggest complaint for me is the price and costs to play this game. For me alone at (basically) 15 per month this game costs me $180/yr. That is already a descent amount for a video game.

If I do end up purchasing Legion the cost to me at the end of 12 months will be $230. That seems like an awful lot for a game that I'm not even sure how much longer I really want to "invest" in.

On top of that my wife also plays and recently my daughter has started playing wow. So... for 3 accounts I'll be paying $690 for 12 months game play.

If I do purchase Legion I figure I (we) will be playing for at least a year after-which we'll re-access and determine if WoW is still worth it.

For the current costs though...... I'm really not sure it's worth the money anymore.. whether paying for 1 or more accounts. I'm so on the fence at the moment.... really wish they had a "family" plan or something to help Justify the cost in my situation. Subscription cost alone for my family and I to play will be $540/12months. Daughter starting college this year at a state University. Even with her scholarships, budget is suddenly very tight and she won't even have as much time to play anymore.

As far as the rest.. yes some major change.. personally I won't make a decision (on game-play itself) until after a couple months in, assuming I make the "investment". haha

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    It gets much better with the artifact, dont worry. Play around with your talents too - there are some really fun synergies in there for different types of content.
    I will try it, I completely forgot about the artifact for a second, will feel much better with that

NA player here and I'm enjoying the patch, but I also had the beta to get used to it. Just not a fan of some of the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That is disappointing. You should know better. Change is always difficult and there are plenty of players who--myself among them--who have grown a little weary of major class revisions with each expansion. I'm not weighing in on whether the changes in the patch are good or bad.

But to say that "people are fine with change" is not only a generalization but not true. Some are; many aren't.
    I think you're taking me a bit out of context here. My point of my full statement was that a blanket statement like "people don't like change" is silly, and is nothing more than an attempt to simply dismiss complaints that others deem legitimate.

People can absolutely recognize changes that they feel are warranted and / or positive. I would assume that the vast majority of people who've tried out the new Xmog system find it superior to the older bag space consuming one. That's as much of a change as anything else that's been implemented, albeit not a combat altering one.

And yes, I'll agree that xpac to xpac class overhauls grow stale after a while, considering that it tends to take several more months to actually work the kinks out (just to start over again later).

Edit: To add to my quizzical dog look about this round of class changes, holy cow... Arms warrior is a very very 'busy' spec in comparison to other classes now. My first impression is that it plays absolutely wonderfully though.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2016-07-20 at 11:48 PM.

for every person complaining there are many who are perfectly happy with the changes

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Why would i spend $700 on a graphics card to play a 12 year old video game at low settings? Go check the technical support forums, theres people with 2 gtx 1080 sli that also cant hit 60 fps...
    Repeat after me: WoW is CPU bound. WoW is CPU bound. WoW is CPU bound. WoW is CPU bound

You could have 10 GPUs and it wouldnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    GC has commented that large changes can alienate players. So I find it interesting that they were willing to make class changes as large as what's happened. Perhaps they feel they have little to lose at this point?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

eu player here. yes i don't like it. my 5 other friends who i play with don't like it either.
    sometimes you just have to wonder if the devs ever play the game they work on. who the fuck came up with the idea to delete the easily accessible option to turn off helmet and cloak visuals. also it was a fucking great idea to release the new talent switching system without the mandatory item that lets you change the talents where the fuck you want. holy shit this is SO ANNOYING. why would you even do that. restrict you to cities and such for changing talents. reducing max camera distance is also absolute garbage. and if that wasn't enough destruction warlock ability pruning and the talents almost ruined it for me. it is horrible. it's actually the worst change i've seen in 7 years of wow.
    the one and only thing i actually like is the wardrobe feature. that's it.

i'm sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    for every person complaining there are many who are perfectly happy with the changes
    Yep. Just because a vocal minority of whiners goes to a website and try to sound loud, doesn't mean they represent the vast majority enjoying the patch!
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I actually really like this patch!

But then again, I'm a Canadian, and we like everything.
    LOL I've been playing PTR but haven't touched live since it came out but I will see once I start leveling my new character on a new server to start playing with people again instead of just going solo and also I'm tired of pvp servers and just want to relax and enjoy the game more

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Just finished raid.

The new camera distance is absolutely atrocious as a tank or a melee. When you use ring or hero the camera distances jumps further back and then jumps forward. Its simply unacceptable.
    I've been playing the game since 12/26/2005 and frankly never knew this setting existed and didn't realize the big edge it was giving to those who did utilize it. I'm glad to see it removed from the game after all this time since its been giving people a bigger edge over others who didn't have a single clue it existed.
    Last edited by Kainan; 2016-07-21 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Repeat after me: WoW is CPU bound. WoW is CPU bound. WoW is CPU bound. WoW is CPU bound

You could have 10 GPUs and it wouldnt matter.
    Do you seriously think i got a gtx 1080, and a potato for a processor? Common sense idiot...

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Already a 22 page post on the US forums, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747524601 and is the first negative pre-patch in wow history.. but is that really the view of everyone in NA? or just those who don't like the class changes? I'm guessing it's the latter, but it has many upvotes

For returning players, and new players the class changes as I expereinced them are actually quite fun, easy to get into, more fun than before, better animations etc. But I know they don't seem all that great at the beginning, adn really need the context of artifact weapons, full pvp talents, and ofc the wonder of the Broken Isles and the story fully hit.

in my estimation, this is the worse it's ever going to be, ,because every other aspects of the expansion are highly praised, and the new class changes, take a while getting into , including maximising your artifact weapon, so all in all people will greatly appreciate it in the end. But will it be too late? i wonder

Most of the complaints seem about camera view and motion sickness. is it genuine or staged?

- - - Updated - - -

If this ultimately fails, are we goign to see wow developed for Asia and Europe mainly and not the U.S.?
    i agree with original poster and id rather have live version of Warlords. compared to rogue and classes adjacent to rogue; are all vastly over powered. this patch proves rogues were always under powered given what sub could do with shadow reflection talent in warlords.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Already a 22 page post on the US forums, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747524601 and is the first negative pre-patch in wow history.. but is that really the view of everyone in NA? or just those who don't like the class changes? I'm guessing it's the latter, but it has many upvotes

For returning players, and new players the class changes as I expereinced them are actually quite fun, easy to get into, more fun than before, better animations etc. But I know they don't seem all that great at the beginning, adn really need the context of artifact weapons, full pvp talents, and ofc the wonder of the Broken Isles and the story fully hit.

in my estimation, this is the worse it's ever going to be, ,because every other aspects of the expansion are highly praised, and the new class changes, take a while getting into , including maximising your artifact weapon, so all in all people will greatly appreciate it in the end. But will it be too late? i wonder

Most of the complaints seem about camera view and motion sickness. is it genuine or staged?

- - - Updated - - -

If this ultimately fails, are we goign to see wow developed for Asia and Europe mainly and not the U.S.?

Threads locked cuz they do not care. The devs that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    I've been playing the game since 12/26/2005 and frankly never knew this setting existed and didn't realize the big edge it was giving to those who did utilize it. I'm glad to see it removed from the game after all this time since its been giving people a bigger edge over others who didn't have a single clue it existed.
    We should use this as an argument to get mouseover macros removed then too.

10+ Year Old Account
    NA player.

I have very few problems with the prepatch. Now mind you I refuse to heal and I stopped tanking after Cata, but the eleven different damage specs I play are all good. They each have their own distinct feels and a few of them are actually easier for me to maintain. I credit the low damage on a few of them to the absence of artifacts and the lack of optimal rotations.

Glad they waited a couple weeks before starting the invasion. People gonna need the time to adjust.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-07-21 at 02:04 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Camera drives me nuts, even worse with heroic leap because now you have to adjust camera before making the jump, or end up short.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

never use forums as a gauge for player happiness

9 times out of 10 if someone loves the game they will just play it. same odds for someone bitching on a forum whether it's a good reason or not and they may keep playing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Yep. Just because a vocal minority of whiners goes to a website and try to sound loud, doesn't mean they represent the vast majority enjoying the patch!
    exactly. at least on the realms I play on every time a person in trade complains about a change it seems like 3-4 pipe up and mention changes they are absolutely loving. I've been really surprised by the number of people who have mentioned how much fun they are having with SV hunters just because that has been probably the biggest spec change for players to get a handle on.