Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post

Friendship wins.
    It still should not have happened in the first place. The system is the worst thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I didn't say it's the same exact thing, I'm saying the chances of a person who's been putting in work to help everyone get a mount for free suddenly becoming extremely toxic is less likely than people being annoyed that they can't sell their mount carry, and that it's reasonable to think that's why he got banned was because he got mass reported. Add in the fact that it was reversed says to me that he wasn't just being a jerk, so you're really only left with one alternative.

Just think, all it takes is 2 mythic raiding guilds to decide they don't want him giving out free mounts. Is that really unlikely?
    "All it takes" as if 40 people reporting something for their own gain or because some youtube personality told them to aren't outlier situations, and as if the silence wasn't reversed.

It's not a reason to scrap the system. It may need tweaks and adjustment - and hopefully everybody who reported him now has a black mark on their record that will eventually lead to repercussions if they continue to abuse it - but the idea is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    "All it takes" as if 40 people reporting something for their own gain or because some youtube personality told them to aren't outlier situations, and as if the silence wasn't reversed.

It's not a reason to scrap the system. It may need tweaks and adjustment - and hopefully everybody who reported him now has a black mark on their record that will eventually lead to repercussions if they continue to abuse it - but the idea is good.
    Remove the trigger that auto silences after a certain number of reports and have actual people monitor it. Problem solved. Punishment should come after the review if needed not before.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-21 at 02:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Any feature that blizzard makes can be abused. thats the risk.
    There is always 2 sides to it, never go fully one sided please.
    Wrong.
    If there was just one. ONE. GM actually looking at it properly, this wouldn't have happened.
    Instead, we have GMs who don't care, or perhaps contrary to what Blizzard indicated, maybe there is NO investigation.

It would be VERY easy to have just 1 GM checking the reports, and when someone is found to be abusing that report system, that person gets BLOCKED from using the report system AND SILENCED as punishment, for an extended period of time.

If this was done, then there would be nearly no fake reports, it would make the job easy for GMs and improve the community as a whole.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-07-21 at 02:27 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Nothing, because you can still communicate in group and over the voice comms that real guilds use.
    Did you miss where it disconnects you?

39 is the max needed. It could be even less, like 20, but it's really not that unlikely when it comes to gold especially.

And nowhere did I say to scrap the system, I just said it shouldn't be this abusable.

Did you miss where it disconnects you?
    Disconnects you from what? According to bliz:

Silenced Players Are Able to:
    Whisper to friends (both WoW friends and Battle.net Friends)
    Reply to Whispers from Non-friends
    Party/Raid Chat (with Invited Players)
    Create Parties and Raids
    Talk in Global Channels that have a moderator
    Share Quests

And it certainly can't disconnect anyone from vent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Remove the trigger that auto silences after a certain number of reports and have actual people monitor it. Problem solved. Punishment should come after the review if needed not before.
    That is not feasible. The system is obviously designed with the idea that somebody who is doing something that gets a lot of reports all at once, such as spewing vitriol in trade chat, doesn't get to keep doing that until a GM has time to deal with it.

Now, I could agree that a situation where a player has been squelched should become a high priority for a GM to look into, but I really doubt Blizzard has the manpower to babysit trade chat and still deal with all the other tickets they receive in a timely manner.

The best solution would be for everybody to just learn to behave, but many people refuse to do so and thus, this is what we get.

That is not feasible. The system is obviously designed with the idea that somebody who is doing something that gets a lot of reports all at once, such as spewing vitriol in trade chat, doesn't get to keep doing that until a GM has time to deal with it.

Now, I could agree that a situation where a player has been squelched should become a high priority for a GM to look into, but I really doubt Blizzard has the manpower to babysit trade chat and still deal with all the other tickets they receive in a timely manner.

The best solution would be for everybody to just learn to behave, but many people refuse to do so and thus, this is what we get.
    Yeah because trusting one of the most toxic online communities with the policing tools was so smart wasn't it?. Again punishment should come after a review. Still don't believe this shitty system is even monitored properly.

Disconnects you from what? According to bliz:

Silenced Players Are Able to:
    Whisper to friends (both WoW friends and Battle.net Friends)
    Reply to Whispers from Non-friends
    Party/Raid Chat (with Invited Players)
    Create Parties and Raids
    Talk in Global Channels that have a moderator
    Share Quests

And it certainly can't disconnect anyone from vent.
    Did you watch the video or read the twitter? It disconnects you to apply the penalty.

It still should not have happened in the first place. The system is the worst thing ever.
    But some people aren't going to see that no matter what you tell them. This is absolutely as horrible as anyone predicted silence penalty would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Well then the system is broken and it should be axed.

Seriously what part of this system is not capable of doing what it was designed to do at all and will almost certainly be abused do you not comprehend? Of course players are going to use this to try to get any kind of advantage they possibly can or just to grief other players. That's why this isn't gonna fly.

/thread

Haha, oh man this is pathetic. I thought Blizzard would've been able to devise a program that was review first, action second -- not automated without any actual thought put behind it. I said before that LoL was the worst, but if all you have to do is mass report -- this system is absolutely fucked.

this is actually really shitty, this guy has helped thousands of players get their moose, no questions asked, just watch him raid on twitch helping other people and be ready to join the next group. not to mention all the people helping him carry the people...

blizz needs to do better with this punishment system. I like the punishment but not how its being implemented.

Yeah because trusting one of the most toxic online communities with the policing tools was so smart wasn't it?. Again punishment should come after a review. Still don't believe this shitty system is even monitored properly.
    Ill be honest man, I didnt think this would happen. When I first saw the silence penalty announcement I was actually a bit excited to see some new stuff come in, Ive been on stormreaver forever and Ive seen some shit in trade chat and those same people say the same retarded shit every day, so I figured this would fix that.

Oh man, I cant believe how wrong I was there. I honestly hope they scrap the system or do something to fix this issue if they even can. Would require a lot of manpower from the GMs. I could see them scrapping it more than I can see them hiring more GMs to look through the penalties.

You know I just have to laugh because I was debating this last night in the silence penalty thread and was told I was stupid, needed to go back to school etc. because I was "overestimating how much this would be abused" well this seems like a perfect example of my "Doomsday Scenario" just glad to see that he got this stupid "decision" reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Ill be honest man, I didnt think this would happen. When I first saw the silence penalty announcement I was actually a bit excited to see some new stuff come in, Ive been on stormreaver forever and Ive seen some shit in trade chat and those same people say the same retarded shit every day, so I figured this would fix that.

Oh man, I cant believe how wrong I was there. I honestly hope they scrap the system or do something to fix this issue if they even can. Would require a lot of manpower from the GMs. I could see them scrapping it more than I can see them hiring more GMs to look through the penalties.
    Oh for sure but so far it just seems people are using it to be utter twats. I'm all for getting rid of goldsellers and shit but this system is crap. Remove it ASAP because asking this community to police itself is like asking a load of traffic wardens to deal with an inner city riot.

Oh for sure but so far it just seems people are using it to be utter twats. I'm all for getting rid of goldsellers and shit but this system is crap. Remove it ASAP because asking this community to police itself is like asking a load of traffic wardens to deal with an inner city riot.
    Agree, 100%. The people this system is supposed to work against benefit the most from it. Definitely needs to be removed.

Did you watch the video or read the twitter? It disconnects you to apply the penalty.
    I'm definitely missing something . . don't you have to right click a message from someone in order to report them? Why would people doing progression raiding in a world first guild be typing in general to get reported? Especially knowing this system is in place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I'm definitely missing something . . don't you have to right click a message from someone in order to report them? Why would people doing progression raiding in a world first guild be typing in general to get reported? Especially knowing this system is in place?
    I didn't say world first, any server first. Also can you not report people from /who?

I think we the people should volunteer to help Blizzard moderate their new system. They are clearly understaffed.

the system is going to be abused. just the nature of the game