Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Too bad the DK one looks nothing like the CM set...that's discouraging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Blizzard should just buckle down and balance MoP and WoD challenge modes to maintain a high level of difficulty and re-release them in Legion with the recolors available that way.

Special snowflakes get to keep their pride by doing it during the original phase, but motivated players can still earn the recolored sets through effort and skill instead of playing facebook clickers. Everyone gets more content to run.

Any downsides to this?
    that would be a great idea, but we'd lose a raid tier at the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Too bad the DK one looks nothing like the CM set...that's discouraging.
    The Death Knight set looked awful though. Those really weird, disjointed shoulders curving at that odd angle, and the really bright icy blue and bone colouration would seem to fit DKs on paper, but the tone was too bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Hmmm. It's nice that we get this, but I still mourn over the unused recolors of the CM sets. Maybe one day we'll be able to get them, and maybe even the original ones. I say that as someone who has the CM set on my Shaman (and actually DID the CM, didn't buy it). I long a bit for the DK and Druid sets.
    Every new expansion's challenge mode should reward you with a recolour of the set. You could easily tell at a glance which expansion it was from due to colour, and people would feel less bad about 'missing' out of the armour but the people who bought their boosts- I mean, uh, 'completed' the CM's during that expansion still get to feel special with their now unavailable colouration.

Honestly the "Recolors" Look terrible. My original set kicks its ass. I guess that is subjective, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's hilarious how easy it is to hurt you people's ego.

this is why i hate exclusivity. it breeds people like this.

i'm glad they have added these, for this reason alone now.

Holy fuck I hate this forum. Go kill yourself shitter.

Quote Originally Posted by user1392 View Post
    Holy fuck I hate this forum. Go kill yourself shitter.
    not today, my friend. one day, maybe. but not today.

honestly, even the original sets from pandaria were mostly ugly. these new ones aren't an improvement, except for the paladin one which is better.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post

that would be a great idea, but we'd lose a raid tier at the minimum.
    Legion is moving away from raid-centric gameplay anyway. With all the work they're sinking into mythic+, it shouldn't take that much more to apply the same principles to CMs once the framework is established.

In fact, you could do away with CMs entirely, and simply put the CM rewards behind a high enough mythic+ tier to emulate the same levels of difficulty and challenge.

Problem solved, and system in place for any future dungeons.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-07-21 at 05:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=252662/l...pdates?refresh

I guess it's noobs dream come true. Now you get to have the same set as other players just recolored. Best part this is rewards from playing the facebook game.
    its obtained from doing reps, it is a weaker version, with large chunks missing, like wings, horns, totems, spikes, etc, and has no on cast effect, like how the lock one spews flames

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard should just buckle down and balance MoP and WoD challenge modes to maintain a high level of difficulty and re-release them in Legion with the recolors available that way.

Special snowflakes get to keep their pride by doing it during the original phase, but motivated players can still earn the recolored sets through effort and skill instead of playing facebook clickers. Everyone gets more content to run.

Any downsides to this?
    it doesent come from the class hall, it comes from reps, and its not a recolour, the only "recolour" is the priest one, and non of them have the "on hit effect" the mop sets do, and all but priest are missing big chunks of the armor
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its obtained from doing reps, it is a weaker version, with large chunks missing, like wings, horns, totems, spikes, etc, and has no on cast effect, like how the lock one spews flames

- - - Updated - - -

it doesent come from the class hall, it comes from reps, and its not a recolour, the only "recolour" is the priest one, and non of them have the "on hit effect" the mop sets do, and all but priest are missing big chunks of the armor
    That's interesting. So what's all this I keep hearing about full sets of recolored? just rumors?

Regardless, it doesn't invalidate my solution.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's interesting. So what's all this I keep hearing about full sets of recolored? just rumors?

Regardless, it doesn't invalidate my solution.
    yeah some people like to make shit up to yell at blizzard : /

Recolour= Same skin, same model, differant colours
    Reskin= Same model, differant colour and skin
    Remodle= Mostly the same model but with additions
    Rework= Same skeleton, but everything else differant

Example! (all using the same skeleton )
    Protodrake green as primary
    The Red protodrake is a recolour as its the same textures, just red
    The rusted protodrake is a reskin, same model, but different colours/textures on it with the runes and metallic look
    The Galakrond mount, a remodel, same model mostly but with the saddle, and tusks added on
    Phoenix mount/Corrupted phoenix/Fel Phoenix, same skeleton, but completely different everything else

also

as you can see the only true "recolour" is the priest one, and also none of the sets have the usual glow effects, or the "on cast/attack' effects the challenge mode sets had, so when you cast a spell as a priest, the shoulders wont start glowing a ton

and no it doesent ,but these sets are so meh, and unimpressive with the major things missing, and the spell effects gone, that really it doesent matter, the only ones who i feel should be somewhat mad is the priests, as its just a recolour, with the spell effects gone, where all the rest are missing major parts

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion...larmor-warrior (if you wanna see them all, scroll to order hall sets, and look through there, the mage ones are broken in the picture for some reason http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ode-Armor-Sets and original sets for comparison )
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-21 at 10:33 AM.

So why are these recolors available but giving us a option who did CM for real to unlock the sets across is not?...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah some people like to make shit up to yell at blizzard : /

Recolour= Same skin, same model, differant colours
    Reskin= Same model, differant colour and skin
    Remodle= Mostly the same model but with additions
    Rework= Same skeleton, but everything else differant

Example! (all using the same skeleton )
    Protodrake green as primary
    The Red protodrake is a recolour as its the same textures, just red
    The rusted protodrake is a reskin, same model, but different colours/textures on it with the runes and metallic look
    The Galakrond mount, a remodel, same model mostly but with the saddle, and tusks added on
    Phoenix mount/Corrupted phoenix/Fel Phoenix, same skeleton, but completely different everything else

also

as you can see the only true "recolour" is the priest one, and also none of the sets have the usual glow effects, or the "on cast/attack' effects the challenge mode sets had, so when you cast a spell as a priest, the shoulders wont start glowing a ton

and no it doesent ,but these sets are so meh, and unimpressive with the major things missing, and the spell effects gone, that really it doesent matter, the only ones who i feel should be somewhat mad is the priests, as its just a recolour, with the spell effects gone, where all the rest are missing major parts

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion...larmor-warrior (if you wanna see them all, scroll to order hall sets, and look through there, the mage ones are broken in the picture for some reason http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ode-Armor-Sets and original sets for comparison )
    That's actually a really nice comparison. Some of the armor pieces from the CM sets I liked simply for the unique models. I cared less about the glowy effects.

Still, given how broken the CM system is, and the inherent flaw of sinking a bunch of Dev time into content that will only ever be used for a single expansion, it seems like switching to something like what I suggested would be better in the long-term. I mean, think about it. Even raids still get use out of them as people outgear them and resort to soloing/farming them. There's a good deal of fun to be had there even after they're no longer current. But CMs are one-shot. They become obsolete the moment a character hits gold ONCE.

That's something that should be avoided when creating content, I think, especially with the "it'll cost us a raid tier" mentality lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    "Cm sets are special!" People just bought them with Gold anyway. Not too special.
    There still had to be people that did it legitimately or people would have nobody to buy from, plus unless you made some weird trade deal you couldn't feasibly buy a carry from someone unless they were on your own realm (this is less the case for WoD CMs since WoW token game time did give actual incentive to sell carries to players on realms that the seller didn't play on).

Regardless of people buying them though is that more people still don't own the original sets than do. They still stand out and are relatively inclusive among the players overall.

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually a really nice comparison. Some of the armor pieces from the CM sets I liked simply for the unique models. I cared less about the glowy effects.

Still, given how broken the CM system is, and the inherent flaw of sinking a bunch of Dev time into content that will only ever be used for a single expansion, it seems like switching to something like what I suggested would be better in the long-term. I mean, think about it. Even raids still get use out of them as people outgear them and resort to soloing/farming them. There's a good deal of fun to be had there even after they're no longer current. But CMs are one-shot. They become obsolete the moment a character hits gold ONCE.

That's something that should be avoided when creating content, I think, especially with the "it'll cost us a raid tier" mentality lately.
    The old CM system didn't really require much development time since no new bosses or mechanics were needed to be created to implement the system. It was just a matter of the initial stat squish, timer/reset ability, and disabling a handful of items/abilities. Nothing in the game would need to have its development cut for a system that small.

I would agree with you that unless a player enjoyed doing CMs for the sake of it they would stop after getting gold once during WoD. However, in MoP the transmog weren't all unlocked through one gold completion. You needed to do gold for every class you wanted it on. That model had more replay value.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else notice how the Order Halls priest set has the same type of shoulders as the original, yet the others do not? What's up with the lack of consistency?

7+ Year Old Account

thats why they are stopping with challenge mode sets and such

Any downsides to this?
    If the players were really motivated they would have gotten them when they were there.

The fact that you resort to using the special snowflake term which was coined by "resentful retards" who couldn't cut it and would rather cry and namecall instead of getting better.

It's usually the mediocre players acting elitist.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

All dungeons are eventually obsolete. Your point is more "I don't like them so I don't think others should get rewards from it that I can't later go back and roflstomp to feel good like with raids 2 expansions later".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    It's usually the mediocre players acting elitist.
    It really isn't. Most people aren't elitist. It's jealous people that made up this whole thing like in the real world. "Ugh they have something I want. They're an elitist!"

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    If the players were really motivated they would have gotten them when they were there.

The fact that you resort to using the special snowflake term which was coined by "resentful retards" who couldn't cut it and would rather cry and namecall instead of getting better.
    I agree with you that self motivation is what should mostly be used to have someone jump into new content and stick with it. However, I would tentatively be okay with SirCowdog's idea to bring them back for some alternative transmog reward. That way the content continues to have replay value after getting gold in the original versions. I am not saying I would want the old CMs brought back for the same original rewards, as that degrades the value of the reward and is unfair to allow players to get the same old rewards under a new expansion with completely different class balance & strategies. However, I would be okay if we saw them continue to be used as one additional thing to do in future expansions' end game. More end game is good, less is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I agree with you that self motivation is what should mostly be used to have someone jump into new content and stick with it. However, I would tentatively be okay with SirCowdog's idea to bring them back for some alternative transmog reward. That way the content continues to have replay value after getting gold in the original versions. I am not saying I would want the old CMs brought back for the same original rewards, as that degrades the value of the reward and is unfair to allow players to get the same old rewards under a new expansion with completely different class balance & strategies. However, I would be okay if we saw them continue to be used as one additional thing to do in future expansions' end game. More end game is good, less is bad.
    Exactly! Although I would point put that there are many situations where motivation would not be a barrier, such as with new players who weren't playing wow at the time, or military personnel deployed during the CM season.

That's why I recommend preserving the original coloration to show off the accomplishment during the original timeframe, and using recolors for later seasons.

Casual players want to be able to get every skin, without much effort or stepping into a challenging environment.

Welcome to the wardrobe expansion of world of casualcraft.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

Or people that just leveled a Class after MoP that didn't have access to it.

But then again the Sets are still different so the only resentful retards seem to be the people that are special snowflakes.