Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Side thought: I wonder if the whole camera thing was done as "cheap" way to increase challenge in raids?.....anyway....

well the only thing that would be shocking would be no one complaining. I get more annoyed these days from the fact that people blow things out of proportion and say things like "well there's a lot of people angry on the forums" so that means EVERYONE hates the game or whatever the topic is. People do love the broad strokes these days, but I guess we all are guilty of using such wording from time to time.

I think people are people - I think people that TRULY have fun, even if they don't like their character, will adept and continue playing no matter what. I think the people that aren't that dedicated to the game anymore do not need much excuse to quit in the first place so losing those types is no big loss - by my math that's a few less miserable people pissing vinegar in guild, gen or trade chats.

Finally looping back to my main point -- the minority do not speak for the majority and no one speaks for "ME" (but ME of course!)....

I'm having fun, I enjoy the new animations....yes I'm "mildly" disappointment with ret pallies now (they are too simplified is my complaint) but they are still fun - not my fav class though. I really like ferral druids, but I'm new to playing one so that may be naive nature or ignorance from how they used to play. Didn't play my lock or hunter much yet...can't judge those at this point.

Oh yeah still need to play my monk and shaman too. I don't play a warrior or DK -- found them boring for years not just now.

Anyway I'm tired....good night.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Do you seriously think i got a gtx 1080, and a potato for a processor? Common sense idiot...
    No, i think that there is no CPU out there that can maintain 60fps at all times in busy areas. Full stop.

Even people with custom, liquid cooled CPUs at 5+ ghz cant do it. WoW is intensely single-thread performance bound, and with the new draw distance, ground clutter, and shadow options, its worse than ever.

Your framerate is being bottlnecked on your CPU, period. Its choking on the number of draw calls.

I just got a 1080 as well (MSI ARMOR OC). Want to guess how many fps i gained? Zero many, because ive already got an overclocked i7 4790K (4.5ghz) and even on my (previous) 970 i was already bottlenecked by the CPU. The 1080 did let me crank up the render scale and AA though.

10+ Year Old Account
    NA players don't seem to be happy with anything in this world. Australian player here, and although the pre patch does, admittedly, have some flaws, I have found it to be an amazing update thus far. I have spent hours exploring new features such as the wardrobe, and setting up each of my characters with their new rotations, and I've been loving every second of it.

Hyped for Legion; the vibes are feeling good!

Quote Originally Posted by landria View Post
    eu player here. yes i don't like it. my 5 other friends who i play with don't like it either.
    sometimes you just have to wonder if the devs ever play the game they work on. who the fuck came up with the idea to delete the easily accessible option to turn off helmet and cloak visuals. also it was a fucking great idea to release the new talent switching system without the mandatory item that lets you change the talents where the fuck you want. holy shit this is SO ANNOYING. why would you even do that. restrict you to cities and such for changing talents. reducing max camera distance is also absolute garbage. and if that wasn't enough destruction warlock ability pruning and the talents almost ruined it for me. it is horrible. it's actually the worst change i've seen in 7 years of wow.
    the one and only thing i actually like is the wardrobe feature. that's it.

i'm sad.
    The devs are sadistic c*** who enjoy making things difficult for the players that's for sure, that's the only reason i can think of why they would implement the silly camera and no switching of talents outside of cities BS. Maybe they are just sore that they are working on a 12 year old project unlike their hippier counterparts and are taking it out on the playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    "First negative pre-patch"? What?

You are joking right?

I can't even with that statement. People are always negative no matter what, its been there every pre-patch. Don't sit here and say its the worst ever, people are always shit posters in the official wow forums.

Vocal minority that doesn't matter, the shitposters that is.

I am not happy with some of the changes. I was leveling a protection warrior, got up to 74. I believe I am done with that character as the changes are just too stupid. And I played a paladin as a main when I came back during Ulduar all through Warlords, with the rather huge changes that class got slapped with each expansion. I don't know, maybe I am playing the warrior wrong or something, but I just can't get into the changes to that class.

I did something I had never done before with Legion: Pre-purchased, and got the digital deluxe edition. I am kind of regretting it now. And honestly, I don't think I could make myself go through the leveling yet again (whether questing or spamming dungeons) to level another class to max.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see about a thousand by-themselves-trivial little changes that are just... Arbitrary. Design decisions that ring of "Because fuck you. That's why."

If Blizzard can't prevent a clear and concise one-sentence explanation for the reasoning behind some of these things they're stripped out or locked down then they should just have not bloody done them.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    No it doesnt. Its not our fault that the best way (ie, most effective) to play the game is zoomed out where you can be aware of your surroundings. If you think the camera change is barely noticeable youre either a) deluded b) dont Raid Leader/Play Melee/Tank or c) didnt play with the max camera distance. Why not just increase the adjustable camera distance? The reason was it was almost mandatory for raiding and pvp (which it is) and it gave an unfair advantage. Its the same thing, but doesnt piss off hudreds of thousands of people.
    I have tried the new camera and really I have not noticed that much of a difference. I can see the advantage to zoom out more in the out door environment. But my experience has been fighting the camera angle to not to be zoomed in too much. Even when I did zoom out, there were still limits due to raids has been primary indoors. So being able to zoom out 100 times makes not difference since the camera will be blocked by the interior.

I have not changed the fov so I would gather that to have a higher impact. In PvP, I can see the camera distant change being an issue. But given some people were not aware of this, it kinds of level the playing field a bit, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I am a NA player, the only things I railed against were the camera change, and the silence system. Oh and the wardrobe being too restrictive.
    Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I've been playing since vanilla, nice try here. But time will tell you what people think of this game design, it will be very entertaining.

This statement hold true at ilvl 730 +.
    What do you mean by nice try. You have a big cry about the unprecedented "brokeness" of the classes where it was far more severe in 6.0. The content was laughable because of the new difficulty modes but the classes were still so broken that they applied a special fix to rebalance the classes. Playing a free trial because your mate gave you one in vanilla doesn't class you as a vanilla player mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Besides the usual: login issues, errors that are being fixed (broken item mouseover was the big one I encountered)

I'm just overwhelmed and lazy to pick a class to start up. I played them in Beta, not ready to throw my beloved macros away on Live. :P
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    I am a NA player, the only things I railed against were the camera change, and the silence system. Oh and the wardrobe being too restrictive.
    I mean, camera change almost doesn't matter. Action cam isn't on by default and the max zoom distance is really a non issue. The wardrobe though, I fail to see how it's too restrictive when we literally had none of it's functionality before.. For it to be too restrictive it'd surely be worse than what we had? Otherwise it's an improvement as a whole and then it's just nitpicking minor stuff :S

The silence system I can see being potentially great, but also potentially flawed. So I kinda agree on you there, but it's not the system that'd go wrong it's the player base abusing it that'd decrease it's functionality, so that also can't exactly be put on Blizz.

Don't get me wrong, there are thing about this current pre-patch I am not a fan of at all, but those 3 things are not the issue imo.

Neither is ability pruning for the record.

Deleted
    Only tried my balance druid, feels a lot better than it did before..only issue i got is the camera same as everyone else.

you get a few big targets close to you, its impossible to see their healthbars

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    The loss of..

-Draenor Perks
    -Major Glyphs (that had HUGE game-play alterations)
    -Interface Options
    -Character Customization Options
    -Talent Removals

Has killed my motivation to play the game anymore
    1. those are mostly baseline now
    2. lol no they dident, you allways used the same ones...
    3. barly any have changed, just they have been moved to commands, but yo ucan get a addon to show them
    4. what?
    5. what?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    If it's due to the camera distance you'll stop playing you should've stopped a long time ago.

It'll take two days for people to get used to the new camera distance. I can't see what people are bitching about tbh. The camera distance is fine for raiding and to do what ever in Legion.
    no it's not good for raiding or melee/raid leading

it's ok for world questing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thought WoD was the worst thing Blizzard has ever done...
    Till I logged into my main yesterday.

7+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing mid BRF, just lost interest in my class(WW monk) and in the game in general. After coming back since the patch went live and picking a new class(outlaw rogue) I can say for the time being that I' am really enjoying myself. Some of the UI changes were meh but oh well. Need to take the good with the bad.

Did not wait much content with the pre-patch. Everything announced was delivered i guess.
    Had much fun on fire mage in tw dungeons especially, though having average gear. Did not try other toons yet (give me time to set bars and talents lol), guess some of them can be not so fun, but w/e.
    Camera is a bit of inconvenience, still in hope they will hear the majority of raiders. Waiting to see how some world first mythic kill will be almost impossible to watch, lol.
    Overall like the changes mostly. Think that invasions could hit maybe a week earlier, but w/e, will find some other things to do.

I don't like...

- Multistrike gone, didn't though I'd miss it that much
    - tiny combat text, need an addon for this now
    - melee sounds when <=2 melee dudes around you
    - nameplates, somehow I had visual problems in BG's to target and recognize foes
    - some classes feel a little too pruned, while others still have all the good stuff (rogues??)

Long time NA complainer here, and absolutely loving the patch

only gripe about this patch so far is that mana gains are not showing up in floating combat text