Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Uh...they've been continuously shrinking two-handed weapons for the past few expansions now. A lot of the ones from MoP and WoD are hard to tell apart from one-handers. So the artifacts being huge is quite the change in the other direction.
    Perception is funny like that I guess because I think you're blind.

Since it's only 3 or 4 people bashing my opinion, can a moderator please close the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Uh...they've been continuously shrinking two-handed weapons for the past few expansions now. A lot of the ones from MoP and WoD are hard to tell apart from one-handers. So the artifacts being huge is quite the change in the other direction.
    I'd argue they've been making one handers larger instead of making two handers smaller as a general rule of thumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan6790 View Post
    So why are warrior weapons so ridiculously large?
    Weapon size isn't dependent on your class, and all the weapons a warrior uses some other class uses as well. Warrior weapon size is no different from that of any other class which uses the same types of weapons.

I'm guessing you're playing a female human, or have been looking at the weapon sizes when wielded by female humans. They're the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'd argue they've been making one handers larger instead of making two handers smaller as a general rule of thumb.
    No, modern two-handers are significantly smaller (30%+) compared to those of previous expansions. One-handers haven't changed that much, although I do think there's a fewer really big one-handers these days (some older ones were as big as decently-sized two-handers), but at the same time fewer really small ones too, so maybe it feels like they've gotten larger because the floor has gone up.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    That's why I usually play a blood elf. The larger the weapons the more likely they are to have clipping issues. Not to mention they look ridiculous.

Hate that fury warriors are stuck with giant-ass 2h weapons now. I've always had my fury warrior as single minded fury for a reason.
    This is the reason that I can only play female humans as casters.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

7+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like the weapons, Mog them. There are plenty of smaller 2h weapons (Like the Royal Mallets my dorf has)

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    This is the reason that I can only play female humans as casters.
    You play female human because you don't like large weapons? Lol.

Again, where's the evidence they've enabled us to mog out of the presets? O.o
    Simple: beta. You want a screenshot or something?

Weapon size does not depend on class.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz seems to be a fan of berserk. The bigger the weapon the more badass it must be.

Because, in the end, we're playing a cartoon. This isn't Neverwinter or Rift. It's WoW. It has been cartoonish since day one of the original Warcraft games.

Deleted
    it would be pretty cool if they could add glyphs or a toy that changes the size of your weapon. seems quite an easy way to increase peoples aesthetic options by a lot.

even cooler if they could do it for main and offhand seperately.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had ridiculously large items in vanilla as well. Zin'rokh comes to mind, also Untamed Blade and OEB. I do agree that it's silly that Fury has basically been forced into Titan's Grip now; players should at least be able to choose if they want to dual-wield 1Hs or 2Hs.

Deleted
    Lots of Blizzard defenders and snarks around here... Apologies I didn't know this one thing about artifact transmogrification specifically... >.>
    yeah, you didn't know the one thing you came to whine about. this is how the discussion went:

you: omg I can't gay believe that homo the levelcap is fag only 103
    everyone else: oh it's 110
    you: queer there's no assbandit proof
    everyone else: yes there is, here
    you: omg fanbois and snarks idiots

just apologise, learn and move on, christ.

If you're complaining about the size of your weapons, then you don't deserve to be a Warrior. Or indeed any class in World of Warcraft.

THE BIGGER, THE BETTER.

Deleted
    Just transmog them. For Alliance, this is a good 2-handed sword (just an example):

http://www.wowhead.com/item=58931

I personally would just appreciate if they could increase the size of the weapons when wielded by a female bloodelf. There are ridiculously small.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to love the warrior and besides the directionless mechanical changes I've seen in every expansion, I've also had to watch the soul-destroying enlargement of weapon models, especially with Fury going all 2h only. It's just evil. And now that we can't transmog our artifacts which we're stuck with for the expansion's breadth, it's even worse. (I had hope for a while since the Warswords of Valajar had reasonably sized 1h versions but that's gone)

I'm just wondering why Blizzard thinks it's okay. Warriors aren't the only victims either. Demon Hunters, Retribution and Holy Paladins have it just as bad with their Final Fantasy grade weaponry... Oddly enough though the Death Knights have somewhat reasonably sized melee weapons, even if they too are kinda chunky.

When a sword is wider than you are, thick as your forearm, and the hilt is bigger than your skull... there's a problem.
    Reading this makes me wonder how you can stand anything that happens in this >fantasy video game< because there are more ridiculous things than a sword bigger than you are.

Your answer will be something like "well some things just cross the line", and then we get to the bit where i say that different people have different lines and some don't care/have any at all, and then ask you what makes your opinion worth more than theirs.

And the answer to that question is: nothing. If you don't like the game you're free to go play something else.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

I used to love the warrior and besides the directionless mechanical changes I've seen in every expansion, I've also had to watch the soul-destroying enlargement of weapon models, especially with Fury going all 2h only. It's just evil. And now that we can't transmog our artifacts which we're stuck with for the expansion's breadth, it's even worse. (I had hope for a while since the Warswords of Valajar had reasonably sized 1h versions but that's gone)

I'm just wondering why Blizzard thinks it's okay. Warriors aren't the only victims either. Demon Hunters, Retribution and Holy Paladins have it just as bad with their Final Fantasy grade weaponry... Oddly enough though the Death Knights have somewhat reasonably sized melee weapons, even if they too are kinda chunky.

When a sword is wider than you are, thick as your forearm, and the hilt is bigger than your skull... there's a problem.
    You used to, you say. Yeah, sure, those Vanilla models were so tiny and tame. Original Ashkandi, Untamed Blade, or some BC stuff like Jin'Rohk. What, only now those weapons are getting big?

WoW never went for the "okay, let's make every piece of armor and weaponry looks normal and wieldable".

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks positively ridiculous? Like, even if these swords were made of glass they'd be too heavy to fight with. I'm all for greatswords but within reason.

http://www.thearma.org/images/S2000/...er/john2hs.jpg Yes... this is a greatsword.

http://i.imgur.com/yo5qMDu.jpg No... this is a gaysword.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...3fc6cb60f9.jpg Proper fantasy!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30...r.jpg~original ...I saw him outside the Androgeny Convention...
    Wow has never aimed for realism and the Warriors in Warcraft are blatantly superhuman. Swinging around a 100Kg monstrosity like it's a butter knife is perfectly doable.

It's been around since Vanilla: http://www.wowhead.com/item=19364/as...he-brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    You used to, you say. Yeah, sure, those Vanilla models were so tiny and tame. Original Ashkandi, Untamed Blade, or some BC stuff like Jin'Rohk. What, only now those weapons are getting big?

WoW never went for the "okay, let's make every piece of armor and weaponry looks normal and wieldable".
    Back in Vanilla/BC, two-handers weren't being dual-wielded though, those huge weapons look decent when you use one, but dual-wielding them looks pretty silly, i would have loved an option (glyph, something at the artifact forge, whatever) to make the aftifact-swords scale down a bit, the models are pretty good...

Of course we can also mog over the warswords, but that immediately renders the whole "Collect appearances for your artifact"-thing a moot point.