Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Clearly you are. The cops aren't in the cell phone footage at the beginning yet you can't really tell what the boy is holding.

It's safer to act on the assumption based upon the 911 call the boy is armed until you have actual visual confirmation otherwise.

All you armchair cops really need to go through some of the simulations being offered to clueless people like yourselves.
    This would be all well and good if the gunshot victim the article was talking about was the person holding the unidentified item and not the guy laying on the ground with his hands in the air.

So even if they were operating on the assumption that the boy was armed, why, WHY did they shoot the guy laying on the ground with their arms in the air?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    What is their job? Murdering unarmed civilians?
    I mean does it matter at this point? I mean you people get up in arms when they shoot someone pulling a gun on them or like Michael Brown who dove at the cop with his gun pulled.

I have to side with the police on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Dealing with a suicidal man with a gun call.
    What gun? He was armed with a toy truck. Are the cops really that scared? If a cop is too scared to do their job, they shouldn't be a cop. A bunch of thugs with guns intimidated an autistic man and his therapist, and then one of those thugs shot 3 times and missed the guy sitting down, they shot the guy laying on the ground.
    But go on with the mental gymnastics it really is entertaining

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's "odd" that they cut the video there, maybe the guy stopped recording when the actual shot occurred? By the same token, the two articles listed here don't mentioned WHERE (on his body) the guy was hit. Doesn't seem they hit the autistic guy at all either.

Really, this sounds like an accidental/ negligent discharge, not some cop trying to shoot somebody. Blame adrenaline and light triggers in a Glock/AR15 for the shooting. Heck, a "mosquito bite" might mean the guy wasn't even directly hit, we don't know. Guy gets lawsuit, cop gets retraining, no need for criminal charges (if my scenario is accurate, obviously).
    Warning shots gone wrong. Also, these morons shouldn't be allowed to deploy their weapons without proper training, because missing the sitting fat guy & shooting the guy laying down is downright pathetic
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

fucking cops. nothing else to add.

Should really stop Murican police from carrying guns, they seem to be bigger criminals than the general population. Melt every gun in the country, you wouldn't have as many problems then.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You treat every call about a man with a gun the same, he has a gun until you know he doesn't. At that point he wasn't searched so your question is worthless.
    So if I wanted to kill you all I would have to do is call the police and say you had a gun? That sounds more like China or North Korea then the United States.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dookrubbins View Post
    oh man the race war is about to begin. oh boy
    This should have nothing to do with race and everything to do with teaching rookies how to de-escalate a situation. That used to be important and solved many stand offs.

Deleted
    With this many threads about idiots shooting morons and vice versa... can't we just have 1 megathread about them?

How could an unarmed man being lying on the ground with his arms up?.

It could have been worse. It could have been... Florida Man.

Nah bro just take some random guy laying in the streets word for it. THAT'S how you do proper police work...

Shoot first and ask questions later is proper police work now?

Deleted
    Recently saw comments about how Sweden is going down the drain.

Stumble in here, to see this.

Howling with laughter.

OT: Only in the land of the free, will you get shot for holding a toy truck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Do you have any numbers or statistics to back this up, or are you just following the bullshit #BLM narrative that black men are shot for no reason? A simple chart showing an increase in the amount of citizens shot by police would be a fantastic start. I have a hunch you're going to find a continued downward trend, which blows your argument to shit. I don't expect to hear back from you though.

On topic, come on guys. 99% of the shootings we're made aware of by the media are completely justifiable. But this one, I don't think so. Someone posing no direct threat, allegedly complying with commands, should not be shot. Tasered or maced if they refuse to move or comply, but not shot. What probably happened was an accidental discharge, hence the wound in the leg. If true, the cop should be punished in the same manner someone with a legal weapon would be if they pulled the trigger and accidentally shot the person next to them.

You can call out the madness of the #BLM sheep and still acknowledge police have an obligation not to harm people who pose no threat to officers or others. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
    3 shots, is an accident?

Fucking 3?

I am hoping, for your sake, that you are not for real.

Cause if you are, i hope to dear lord that you never touch a gun. For any other living beings sake.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Recently saw comments about how Sweden is going down the drain.

Stumble in here, to see this.

Howling with laughter.

OT: Only in the land of the free, will you get shot for holding a toy truck.
    He wasn't the one holding the Toy Truck...that was the autistic person he was assisting. He was lying on his back with his hands in the air when he got shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's "odd" that they cut the video there, maybe the guy stopped recording when the actual shot occurred? By the same token, the two articles listed here don't mentioned WHERE (on his body) the guy was hit. Doesn't seem they hit the autistic guy at all either.

Really, this sounds like an accidental/ negligent discharge, not some cop trying to shoot somebody. Blame adrenaline and light triggers in a Glock/AR15 for the shooting. Heck, a "mosquito bite" might mean the guy wasn't even directly hit, we don't know. Guy gets lawsuit, cop gets retraining, no need for criminal charges (if my scenario is accurate, obviously).
    actualy, there is absolutely the need for criminal charges. because civilians get charged for the same type of situation. negligent discharge, especially of the sort that endangers people? is very much a crime, punishable by law.

but as far as training goes - his finger shouldn't have been on a trigger in a first place. yet another example of just how absolutely abysmal police training is in this country. give them firearms, but don't train them how to use them. send them out into the streets, but don't teach them how to recognize the difference between aggression and mental disability or how to properly deal with either.

nuts

Police when dealing with the mentally handicapped/ill: "Shoot the subject, we're not therapists"

Police when dealing with the mentally handicapped/ill and provided with a therapist: "Shoot the therapist"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    He wasn't the one holding the Toy Truck...that was the autistic person he was assisting. He was lying on his back with his hands in the air when he got shot.
    Even better, hahaha

I mean, What if he had some ninja matrix reflexes and woulda just sprung to his feet and shot the cop, mid-air?

Who knows, had to be on the safe side, you know.

I have to question if this is an actual therapist. Why is he dressed like a wino?. No dress code in his line of work?.

Yes because this is normal.

We have over one million sworn officers in the USA and I still see some of you still eating up what the media serves on a plate for you. What is more entertaining is I see some of the same posters who argue the same thing with refugees. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I have to question if this is an actual therapist. Why is he dressed like a wino?. No dress code in his line of work?.
    I don't think you are in a position to question if anyone is anything, considering your history of "legitimacy".

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Yes because this is normal.

We have over one million sworn officers in the USA and I still see some of you still eating up what the media serves on a plate for you. What is more entertaining is I see some of the same posters who argue the same thing with refugees. lol
    I like police, I dont want refugees. One is here to help me, the other is here to help himself to my stuff.