Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    I think we the people should volunteer to help Blizzard moderate their new system. They are clearly understaffed.
    I think we the people should get this feature removed.

Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.

Just quoting this. "AFTER INVESTIGATION". Yeah bullshit if mass reporting causes an auto silence to kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    So you are obviously oblivious to the fact that the squelch feature has existed for a long time already?
    So you are obviously oblivious to the fact that the squelch feature only made you unable to speak in public chat channels, and the automatic silence you get now is much worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I think we the people should get this feature removed.

Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.

Just quoting this. "AFTER INVESTIGATION". Yeah bullshit if mass reporting causes an auto silence to kick in.
    So Blizzard lied.

Are you going to vote with your wallet?

Is Chris Metzen not going to be afford another gold-plated statue of himself this year?

Careful what you wish for.

#Icalledit

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I don't really care since I'm not a spammer, but this will be either abused with false claims, or never used because blizz has to "investigate" and they simply won't spend the time doing that unless the person gets MANY reports.

Deleted
    I said it when it got announced, that its a automated system and no one at Blizzard will fucking look at all of these fucking tickets. So the system will continue to get abused until Blizz finally disables this shitty crap of a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I wonder how they are going to respond to this one... because they flat out lied. That much isn't even up for interpretation.
    Technically they didn't lie when they said the report will be reviewed, however if enough reports are filed the person reported will be automaticly silenced while the investigation is pending, its stupid I agree but they never lied when they said that a gm is reviewing the reports.

That said they really should change the order in which it happens, it makes no sense to silence someone and then review the report and later unsilence the person after they're proven innocent.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Technically they didn't lie when they said the report will be reviewed, however if enough reports are filed the person reported will be automaticly silenced while the investigation is pending, its stupid I agree but they never lied when they said that a gm is reviewing the reports.

That said they really should change the order in which it happens, it makes no sense to silence someone and then review the report and later unsilence the person after they're proven innocent.
    They can make it a little smarter, but it seems to be working just fine, given that pretty much everyone who is being silenced "unfairly" is actually trolling the system, or just trolling, or just unpleasant in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Asmongold got himself silenced on purpose by forming a full raid group and had him reported when he said he loved world of warcraft.

Lol

I'm eating my hat on this one when I said this wouldn't happen. I'm surprised how fast it happened too, holy shit.
    He got Auto-Squelched not silenced (Is what i've been hearing). The article was updated as that is what they now send out. GM's still have to investigate it and the Squelch system has been in place for the last 5 years or so. Also i would like to mention something about him, He said that this new system is a waste of time for GMs and they could be doing something better, And he went and purposely got reported and waste a GM's time that i found amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raim Surion View Post
    It doesn't matter if you can contact a GM in 5 hours or 5 minutes. That is 5 minutes too long to allow other players to dictate your access to the game. The automation is a complete affront to what staff members said would happen. They clearly stated the player would only be silenced after the investigation assuming they found wrongdoing. Silencing a player prior to and during an investigation allows anyone to essentially take control of your gameplay at their discretion arbitrarily without any actual wrongdoing. Plus considering how busy GM staff members are, they surely won't have time to punish people who abuse the report system.
    They did say that it still holds true, Theres an Auto-Squelch system thats been in place for past 5 years or so but blizzard never said anything about what happens to those reported so it never got any news or anything so now people are confusing it for this new system

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ideally it shouldn't be this abusable though.

This would just be silly. Just imagine what will happen to raiding guilds competing for realm first.
    It's a new feature. I would imagine, as time goes by, and the amount of reversals start to grow, Blizzard will analyze the data, realize it's costing them more time and resources to review and reverse every whine, moan, and grunt, and either ease up on the process, change it, or remove it altogether. It's happened before. It's the nature of the game - you start with an iron grip, and then loosen up as time goes by. Otherwise, you're trying to move against a massive tide if you try to make things harder later.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    for those saying it's bad asmongold got banned. In Outland EU server there is actually a guy who pays people to spam his name around with "Bae" and he been doing this for 2-3 years. So i am glad people like him are getting muted now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Yeah I saw that coming.

Awful stupid feature.

Deleted
    Still don't get how a company like Blizz can put out something half-assed as this and blatantly lie to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Still don't get how a company like Blizz can put out something half-assed as this and blatantly lie to everyone.
    Where is everyone getting their information about Blizzard lying? They didn't lie, They got silenced by the Auto-Squelch system that has been in place for the past 5 years

Post from MVP on Blizzard forums

There's been an auto squelch in the game for something like 5 years. An auto squelch that kicked in if there were enough reports in a short enough time against a character.

Now the only difference is, instead of the squelch and its specific effects, it's now silence with its specific effects. Remember Bliz saying how just the punishment was changing, nothing else? That's what people are running into. That's what Asmongold did to himself.

Funny how everyone is jumping all over silence like it's the problem, where if anyone did this mob reporting before the patch, the same thing would have happened: the automated system, which was in place before and still is after, would trigger.

And as for "no manual investigations" that I saw in some other thread, with everyone and their mothers out there to prove their underinformed point, can you imagine the back log of silences Bliz has to sift through?

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Where is everyone getting their information about Blizzard lying? They didn't lie, They got silenced by the Auto-Squelch system that has been in place for the past 5 years

To be fair MVPs don't really have anymore info than we do.
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted

MVPs don't work for blizzard and have their own opinions.
    any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.
    is literally what Blizzard's own notes say. What makes the automated squelch penalty different from silence penalty? Even that MVP says that the penalty people are receiving is "instead of the squelch and its specific effects, it's now silence with its specific effects" so it's the silence penalty itself they are getting. Which Blizzard explicitly stated is not automated.

An MVP is basically the equivalent of a moderator on these forums. Someone deemed them worthy of some special coloured text and that's as far as it goes.

That being said, they're simply dancing around the issue because previously making a mass amount of false reports to simply not allow someone to speak in public channels was irrelevant largely. Now there are severe effects and THAT is cause for concern. Merely pointing that out and trying to defend it after all this is pretty sad.

The system is terribly made, and honestly I think there should be repercussions for those who routinely abuse it to silence those they don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted

from what i heard squelch is only 3 hours long and less restricting. from what i hear the auto-"squelch" now last longer then 3 hours + has more restrictions, and thus is a silence not a squelch.

If it was a squelch for 3 hours, and then a silence after GM investigation, it would be a different matter.

He got Auto-Squelched not silenced (Is what i've been hearing). The article was updated as that is what they now send out. GM's still have to investigate it and the Squelch system has been in place for the last 5 years or so. Also i would like to mention something about him, He said that this new system is a waste of time for GMs and they could be doing something better, And he went and purposely got reported and waste a GM's time that i found amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

They did say that it still holds true, Theres an Auto-Squelch system thats been in place for past 5 years or so but blizzard never said anything about what happens to those reported so it never got any news or anything so now people are confusing it for this new system
    All the account restriction asmongold got were THE same as a silence penalty. Same duration, same restrictions and everything. People can call it he got "oranged" for all I care, that doesnt change anything

Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    MVPs don't work for blizzard and have their own opinions.

is literally what Blizzard's own notes say. What makes the automated squelch penalty different from silence penalty? Even that MVP says that the penalty people are receiving is "instead of the squelch and its specific effects, it's now silence with its specific effects" so it's the silence penalty itself they are getting. Which Blizzard explicitly stated is not automated.

The Auto Squelch system is to remove people quickly and are given a ban of something like 3 hours. This gives blizzard time to review the chat logs and then deal further punishment if they see fit.

Deleted
    And did you check to see, that he got his penalty reviewed, and undone?

Nope, of course not, you made a click-bait title and made yerself look like all the Rogues during early WoD.

You felt something, you spewed it out, what an outcry, and turns out, you don't even follow through with proper facts.

I rate this thread, 2/10.