Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    interesting, ive used it a ton of times and never had such issues, max ive had is MAYBE 10 minutes....
    I will tell you more, there are these stories of Blizzard happily refunding Legion left and right even when you use a character boost - and they are misleading to an extent as well.

In the EU at least, they have an internal limit of 90 days or so after purchase, after which they refuse the refund, and if you use the character boost, that limit gets reduced to something like 10 days. Once you are past that limit, they will decline your request to refund and if you escalate, they will direct you to their legal department and suggest writing a physical letter, attach your papers, etc.

This happened to me and several others I know. No refunds.

So, sure, Blizzard support is sometimes helpful, yeah. But other times they aren't helpful. There are invisible lines nobody tells anyone about and if you unknowingly end up on the wrong side, tough luck, you will sit there listening to others who ended up on the right side telling you how great Blizzard support is while the same Blizzard support will absolutely refuse to help you.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-21 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. Proof already the system can be abused and is utter shite.
    Show me the system the internet can't abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's grounds for implementing bad systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I covered this in another comment of mine to you. Maybe you missed it?

Here it is:
    Irrelevant. Players are getting automatically silenced and that is the issue, if there was no automatic silence the system would not be open to abuse. It doesn't matter if it's temporary or not. It's a problem. No doubt this will all boil over soon and Blizzard will fix this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I will tell you more, there are these stories of Blizzard happily refunding Legion left and right even when you use a character boost - and they are misleading to an extent as well.

In the EU at least, they have an internal limit of 90 days or so after purchase, after which they refuse the refund, and if you use the character boost, that limit gets reduced to something like 10 days. Once you are past that limit, they will decline your request to refund and if you escalate, they will direct you to their legal department and suggest writing a physical letter, attach your papers, etc.

So, sure, Blizzard support is sometimes helpful, yeah. But other times they aren't helpful. There are invisible lines nobody tells anyone about and if you unknowingly end up on the wrong side, tough luck, you will sit there listening to others who ended up on the right side telling you how great Blizzard support is while the same Blizzard support will absolutely refuse to help you.
    my freind bought overwatch day of it going pre-order able, the day of launch he refunded it because he rage quit, also you can perfectly fine refund legion, but if you used the boost that charecter is locked, also what does this have to do with EU refunding laws?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    How about no silencing + not being a candyass who can't handle a mean chat in a game? Completly foolproof.

my freind bought overwatch day of it going pre-order able, the day of launch he refunded it because he rage quit, also you can perfectly fine refund legion, but if you used the boost that charecter is locked, also what does this have to do with EU refunding laws?
    You just ignored what I wrote. I repeat (everything regarding Legion):

Is it clearer the second time?

7+ Year Old Account
    You just ignored what I wrote. I repeat, everything regarding Legion:

Is it clearer the second time?
    again, what does a company policy, have to do with support? being able to buy a product, play it for 3 months, then return it, and your complaining?

I hope this isnt the end to anal spam

One of the reasons i sub to WoW.

again, what does a company policy, have to do with support? being able to buy a product, play it for 3 months, then return it, and your complaining?
    It has to do with this bizarre idea that Blizzard support is oh-so-helpful and nice and ready and fast - they are frequently neither.

We were discussing live chat, if you remember, someone said that people have to wait for hours and you expressed your surprise. I added my experience with live chat as an illustration that Blizzard support are sometimes totally slow and not fast. And I added the experience of them refusing to refund Legion as an illustration that they are sometimes totally unhelpful and hostile - contrary to the widespread and completely bizarre myth that they are basically angels and refund with no issues (they don't, there are strings and conditions).

PS: Not sure where you are getting your 3 months from, I am talking about as low as 10 days if you use the character boost, for example. Pay attention.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-21 at 10:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It has to do with this bizarre idea that Blizzard support is oh-so-helpful and nice and ready and fast - they are frequently neither.

We were discussing live chat, if you remember, someone said that people have to wait for hours and you expressed your surprise. I added my experience with live chat as an illustration that Blizzard support are sometimes totally slow and not fast. And I added the experience of them refusing to refund Legion as an illustration that they are sometimes totally unhelpful and hostile - contrary to the widespread and completely bizarre myth that they are basically angels and refund with no issues (they don't, there are strings and conditions).

PS: Not sure where you are getting your 3 months from, I am talking about as low as 10 days if you use the character boost, for example. Pay attention.
    do you not even read your own post?
    internal limit of 90 days or so after purchase
    but you seem to have had some horrible experiances with them, and all i can say is from my 12 years of playing, i have never had a bad experience with the support team, ive had times where they have said "sorry we dont do this" but thats fine...

and yes buyying a game, you have a set time to refund it... big fucking woop "omfg i bought a game, and played it for 1 and a half weeks, and they wont refund it!? what scammers!, its not like i had a whole week and a half to decide if i liked it or not"

if you wanna speak "unfair return policies" go talk to steam and their "played for 2 hours, no refund" when alot of games dont download in steam, they download in launches, that makes the download count as play time, so you can exit refund territory, before you even launch the ffing game...

do you not even read your own post?
    Damn, you are right, it is my mistake. I wrote 90 days while meaning to write 6 weeks. I see where you got your 3 months now, although, again, even aside from it being an honest mistake, that's not the only number I wrote and my attempt to refund - as were my friends' - was refused after 3 weeks on the basis of another number which got into play because I used the character boost.

and yes buyying a game, you have a set time to refund it... big fucking woop "omfg i bought a game, and played it for 1 and a half weeks, and they wont refund it!? what scammers!, its not like i had a whole week and a half to decide if i liked it or not"
    Dear, we are talking about a refund of a PREORDER of Legion. Legion is not here even now, I could not have played it. Yet I was refused a refund.

if you wanna speak "unfair return policies" go talk to steam and their "played for 2 hours, no refund" when alot of games dont download in steam, they download in launches, that makes the download count as play time, so you can exit refund territory, before you even launch the ffing game...
    Again we are talking about a refund of a PREORDER of Legion, Steam has no issues refunding preorders whatsoever. Blizzard do.

Another big difference with Steam is that they *say upfront* what the refund conditions are. Blizzard don't, they hide them. In fact, their support personnel tell things like "we are specifically instructed not to tell you what specific condition it is that makes the refund impossible in your case" - not kidding, this was said in live chat to my friend.

But anyway, let's return to the topic of silence.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-21 at 11:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, you are right, it is my mistake. I wrote 90 days while meaning to write 6 weeks. I see where you got your 3 months now, although, again, even aside from it being an honest mistake, that's not the only number I wrote and my attempt to refund - as were my friends' - was refused after 3 weeks on the basis of another number which got into play because I used the character boost.

Dear, we are talking about a refund of a PREORDER of Legion. Legion is not here even now, I could not have played it. Yet I was refused a refund.

Again we are talking about a refund of a PREORDER of Legion, Steam has no issues refunding preorders whatsoever. Blizzard do.

Another big difference with Steam is that they *say upfront* what the refund conditions are. Blizzard don't, they hide them. In fact, their support personnel tell things like "we are specifically instructed not to tell you what specific condition it is that makes the refund impossible in your case" - not kidding, this was said in live chat to my friend.

But anyway, let's return to the topic of silence.
    do you have proof of that final claim? cause now you seem to just be making up pure bullshit...

do you have proof of that final claim? cause now you seem to just be making up pure bullshit...
    I'll check my Skype logs for a screen - it's in Russian. It's not BS.

---
    Added: here you go.

The original image which you can zoom in.

Sorry for the horizontal size.

My translation from Russian is in red.

Sum total: Blizzard guy refused the refund and when asked why, he said - in particular - that they are specifically instructed not to share why.

I'd appreciate "OK, you have a point".
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-21 at 11:40 AM.

That's grounds for implementing bad systems?
    I'm casting doubt on that as a measure of whether it's a bad system or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    How about no silencing + not being a candyass who can't handle a mean chat in a game? Completly foolproof.
    I don't silence anyone. In fact if people troll me I troll them back, they usually wind up squelching me.

But most people are not like me, so games have silence options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm casting doubt on that as a measure of whether it's a bad system or not.
    Your problem is that you are using "can / can not be abused" as a binary criteria. Obviously, if you use things in a dumb way, you don't get much out of them. The problem with this automatic silence is that it is abused easily.

Deleted

I don't silence anyone. In fact if people troll me I troll them back, they usually wind up squelching me.

But most people are not like me, so games have silence options.
    I would question that. It seems rather the complainers are another loud minority who got their way with this mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Blizzard will investigate cases and determine whether or not the reports were legitimate or abusive.
    Ahahahaha, good one. Blizzard wont investigate anything. Right now thousands of wintraders and cheaters are getting their gladiator titles, the EU BGs are a huge mess and various other problems. Nothing is being done whatsoever. But you think they will actually manually review the flood of silences, much less the people who did the silencing?

Deleted
    im not using public chat channels. there is nothing interesting there anyways. when legion goes live, and questing is important, then i probably enable local zone chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ahahahaha, good one. Blizzard wont investigate anything. Right now thousands of wintraders and cheaters are getting their gladiator titles, the EU BGs are a huge mess and various other problems. Nothing is being done whatsoever. But you think they will actually manually review the flood of silences, much less the people who did the silencing?
    Yup, blame your PvP problems on cheaters and wintraders. Good work.
    Beta Club Brosquad