Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

I am literally quitting wow due to camera distance nerf.

Blizz,

Have you reviewed the poll MMO-Champ Poll? (For some reason I cannot link it)

I would post directly to Blizz's site if I wasn't already unsubbed due to the worst expac in history. I have tested this restriction on PTR and I do not care how good legion is suppose to be or the hype therein because this is will not allow me to view it.

If blizzard thinks it is "unfair" that certain players (probably mostly new players) are unaware of this old capability, the resolution is not to smack the hands of the players who are using it. You should just allow it built in as an option to the default UI. As some one who has been using this for I can't remember how long, there are plenty of times I do something as astounding as USING THE MOUSE WHEEL TO ZOOM IN!

The arguements posted in the original blue post are invalid whereby:

"In a broad range of gaming genres (from RTS to Action RPG), being able to zoom out and see more of the world around you provides an objective advantage in the form of information. Due to that competitive advantage, camera-unlocking or increased zoom distance are features commonly found in third-party hacks for a variety of games. Whatever the maximum allowed, that's what competitive players will use in order to maximize performance, even at the expense of the game's overall look and feel."

This is opinion. I like it, and if you have not checked the poll above, so do approximately 70%+ of the players, an ASTOUNDING majority. In which case if the majority of players knowingly use a greater view distance this is NOT an unfair advantage in competitive play. Competitive play in raiding is considered the top 100 world guilds which in mythic can be attributed to 20 players in each guild resulting an approximation of 2000 competitive players. With the last known subscriptions at around 5 million, competitive play results in less than half of 0.1% of players. To be more clear less than 0.05%.

"your heroic Warcraft avatar takes up about as much screen-space as one of the dozens of marines you might control in a game of Starcraft" Please as someone who does not care for or play Starcraft what relevance does this arguement have? "Hey mom I can't see the board at school." "Here are some sun glasses sweetie." ............. ??????????????

"One option was certainly to just allow the in-game slider to go all the way up to the CVar hardcap. But that scale is beyond the one around which the game was designed at its core."

Are you telling me a company that has netted over billions from just the WoW product alone, you cannot figure out a resolution, even though you just went through and updated a lot of the visual engines instead you decided to downgrade our view distance? Or is their an internal conflict with the new action cam, and cuts on funding that all corporations eventually become greedy enough to do? I think this has largely to do with the new action cam feature. The action cam is great don't get me wrong I guess I just don't understand why it does work well at legions current max view distance (best results when zoomed in), while other games with a similar camera style excel at it (at all scrolling distances).

Bottom line people want to see MORE of your game and you are making a horrible business decision.

I have found it annoying in even the world content. The artistic design reason is a bunch of BS. Hoping to see a reversal or at least a change in the max camera distance. Does not help a few elitists are trolling the forums with impunity in support of the change. Blizzard needs to take their moderation seriously. If Blizzard cannot even enforce constructive feedback in the limited beta forums then it says a lot about their support of toxic behavior.

I will say as a melee and a raid leader this change is pretty rough. I never realized how fucking gigantic Archimonde actually was until all I could see was his knees. Hopefully Nighthold should be a lot better as a lot of the bosses seems to be sized better.

Literally shocked
    But yeah, this whole camera nerf is retarded at best.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-07-21 at 08:07 AM.

As a GM/raidleader it is quite awfull.

Never played super zoomed out, never had a problem in my 8 years of being a melee, I really don't see the issue with your character being closer to the screen, rather than just tiny ants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forde View Post
    Never played super zoomed out, never had a problem in my 8 years of being a melee, I really don't see the issue with your character being closer to the screen, rather than just tiny ants.
    So you never raided either?

In Warlords content, sure, it's a pain in the ass, but in Legion content it'll be a lot better. Bosses in Warlords are massive, because of the camera distance options. While some are still large in Legion, the issue is that you're playing a Legion System, in Warlords content.

Chill, wait to see how it feels in Legion and then feel free to complain. It's like those complaining their class is really dull now. Well of course, you're missing so many factors that Legion will bring you're getting just half the picture so far.

Well, see ya!

Always love about the "OMG I R GONNA QUIT" posts.

Just to make 1 thing clear though:

[q]I would post directly to Blizz's site if I wasn't already unsubbed[/q]

If you unsub, there is a huge box to fill out "Why did you unsub". Might want to try there, instead of talking to people who probably care more about what the random korean dude down the street is going to eat for diner.

Yes the camera change is bad. Mostly for raid leaders though, keeping a general view of the raid will be harder than it was. Will it be as bad as people make it out to be? Probably not. All the content is still possible, we just have to adapt a bit.
    In a few months time, noone will care anymore probably.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So you never raided either?
    When exactly did you need to be super-zoomed out to raid?
    As a melee i never had issues and i never zoomed out more than the current limit is.

Also; a "OMG i quit" post by a new account... Yes, these get taken preety serious.

It's not that bad once you get used to it, it is quite a big change though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This is really not a big deal. Neither the camera issue nor your quitting.

While i don't care if you will quit or not.

I agree that this change is just out of no where for no good reason and it is really bad.
    Especially for raid leaders like my self.

Deleted
    I get that you dislike it, tbh I got used to it quite quickly even as mythic raider, but to quit the game because of a camera change is a bit overkill imo.

I do get blizzards part that for new players having to google console codes to increase camera distance and stuff is just not the way to go.

Either give everyone the prenerf camera distance or no one, and since the game is designed around the default one they just went with that.

You gotta remember that zooming out like crazy also affects performance and then they have to give support for that as well. It's really unfair of players to just think about themselves all the time and what is best for them while not thinking about other players OR companies.

And yea archimonde is retardedly large, but that's literally also the only boss where this is a problem

Deleted
    Only heard scrubs whine about this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Inchoate View Post
    Are you telling me a company that has netted over billions from just the WoW product alone, you cannot figure out a resolution...
    Yes they have. The resolution is the way that it stands now. Please just leave with dignity unless this is all just a temper tantrum because you are so bad at the game you cannot adjust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    ...tbh I got used to it quite quickly even as mythic raider...
    Why are you acting like it's so hard? As a mythic player you should be able to adjust without any problems at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

"I quit!"

No you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Inchoate View Post
    Blizz,

Have you reviewed the poll MMO-Champ Poll? (For some reason I cannot link it)

I would post directly to Blizz's site if I wasn't already unsubbed due to the worst expac in history. I have tested this restriction on PTR and I do not care how good legion is suppose to be or the hype therein because this is will not allow me to view it.

If blizzard thinks it is "unfair" that certain players (probably mostly new players) are unaware of this old capability, the resolution is not to smack the hands of the players who are using it. You should just allow it built in as an option to the default UI. As some one who has been using this for I can't remember how long, there are plenty of times I do something as astounding as USING THE MOUSE WHEEL TO ZOOM IN!

The arguements posted in the original blue post are invalid whereby:

"In a broad range of gaming genres (from RTS to Action RPG), being able to zoom out and see more of the world around you provides an objective advantage in the form of information. Due to that competitive advantage, camera-unlocking or increased zoom distance are features commonly found in third-party hacks for a variety of games. Whatever the maximum allowed, that's what competitive players will use in order to maximize performance, even at the expense of the game's overall look and feel."

This is opinion. I like it, and if you have not checked the poll above, so do approximately 70%+ of the players, an ASTOUNDING majority. In which case if the majority of players knowingly use a greater view distance this is NOT an unfair advantage in competitive play. Competitive play in raiding is considered the top 100 world guilds which in mythic can be attributed to 20 players in each guild resulting an approximation of 2000 competitive players. With the last known subscriptions at around 5 million, competitive play results in less than half of 0.1% of players. To be more clear less than 0.05%.

"your heroic Warcraft avatar takes up about as much screen-space as one of the dozens of marines you might control in a game of Starcraft" Please as someone who does not care for or play Starcraft what relevance does this arguement have? "Hey mom I can't see the board at school." "Here are some sun glasses sweetie." ............. ??????????????

"One option was certainly to just allow the in-game slider to go all the way up to the CVar hardcap. But that scale is beyond the one around which the game was designed at its core."

Are you telling me a company that has netted over billions from just the WoW product alone, you cannot figure out a resolution, even though you just went through and updated a lot of the visual engines instead you decided to downgrade our view distance? Or is their an internal conflict with the new action cam, and cuts on funding that all corporations eventually become greedy enough to do? I think this has largely to do with the new action cam feature. The action cam is great don't get me wrong I guess I just don't understand why it does work well at legions current max view distance (best results when zoomed in), while other games with a similar camera style excel at it (at all scrolling distances).

Bottom line people want to see MORE of your game and you are making a horrible business decision.
    Literally, bye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    When exactly did you need to be super-zoomed out to raid?
    As a melee i never had issues and i never zoomed out more than the current limit is.

Also; a "OMG i quit" post by a new account... Yes, these get taken preety serious.
    Anything other than the toe of the raid boss. It's not impossible or "Imma quit forever" it's just annoying. And just to note, I had no issues with the zoom in pre-patch now or in the beta. It's just a pointless and annoying change, but we will get used to it or it will be reverted no biggie.

Also agree on the new account thing.