I am pretty sure there is no legitimate reason to have data caps anymore no matter what part of the country they're servicing. I don't think it costs them much of anything to give you more data, they just pretend it does because they have an uncontested monopoly.

I almost went with Satellite internet a few years ago (I have cable, phone-based, and satellite-based internet available in my area, one provider each). They were like "we have a really generous plan that gives you loads of data before you hit your cap" and I was like "ok, no, fuck you." I'm just glad I have the option to say that. I feel bad for those of you who don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I have Hugh's net. Only option as ATT refuses to come out here as its not profitable enough. Even though my dad said he'd pay the service costs to run a cable here...

Grr. Cable companies are the worst and so greedy. I went from unlimited to this since I had to move back home *kicks rocks*.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I feel ya Danner. I have a 20g data cap and it's awful. Stupid suburban Murica. Just gotta space out usage. Also I use my phone for stuff too
    I ended up buying a 3-day 15GB ("all the data you can possibly use") package for my mother's internet. Because, new wow patch and all (20GB to download, no way in hell am I doing that on my mothers telephone company internet - but I figured I could try the wow stream feature today which allows you to download 200 MB and stream what else you actually need). Worked like a charm.

But that data package lasted for about 10 hours. Now I cannot buy another one because nobody ever apparently expected anyone to need two of those per day.

I swear, these Telcos just haven't seen what data actually is today. 3 more days until I head home.

--

Unrelated frustration:
    - Some years ago, I was modding the Danganronpa game mid-summer. Best time for a game of mafia!
    - At the very same week the game begun, my mother dragged me off to Sweden for a week of vcation.
    - No computers. Modding over phone. Writing lynch posts over the phone is no fun at all, believe me.
    - But hey, I had Silkku to lean on. No sweat. Except he had exactly the same situation. D'oh!
    - I spent about 200 euro on data traffic that week. Ouch. Seriously, MMO-champ needs a mobile version of the site!

- The year after, the telco had heard my complaint. That was way too much money to spend on data in one week.
    - So they solved it. I no longer could use more than 50 mb / day. After 3 visits to MMO-champ, I was sent a nice SMS telling me that my quota was spent.
    - It also told me that I could buy more by replying to that SMS. Which I did.
    - Reply: "That service is not supported by your subscription. Have a wonderful summer".
    - Cue one VERY angry Danner stuck in Denmark with no access to google maps for the rest of the day.
    - Situation repeated every day.

- This year, I called them up before goign to the UK, asking if this would again be a problem.
    - "Yeah, it might. " they said. "No, can't do anything about it unless you buyt this AWESOME PREMIUM SUBSCRI"
    - Nope. I downloaded the entire map of england to my phone instead.

That's Norwegian telephone companies in a nutshell. Stay away!
    I'd advice you to avoid both the US and Australian companies as well. But you probably already know that.
    Last edited by Danner; 2016-07-20 at 11:14 PM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Danner, hopefully this will help you get through those nights with no data.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Danganronpa game was one of the most fun, especially since I was known scum for the last like 2-3 days and still lived (thanks the me winning with mafia but still!)

Now let me go cry again over the death in Danganronpa 3 Future Arc!!!

I don't think I'd be able to stomach living out in the middle of nowhere. Mostly due to the chance of a poor internet connection but also because I'd miss the convenience of being able to shop around easily and go to restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    That Danganronpa game was one of the most fun, especially since I was known scum for the last like 2-3 days and still lived (thanks the me winning with mafia but still!)

Now let me go cry again over the death in Danganronpa 3 Future Arc!!!
    No spoilers now. I can't watch anime until I'm getting off this internet.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I don't think I'd be able to stomach living out in the middle of nowhere. Mostly due to the chance of a poor internet connection but also because I'd miss the convenience of being able to shop around easily and go to restaurants.
    Should come to Australia. Doesn't matter if you live in the big city! During the summer time the outback comes to you! Shit loads of bugs and every thing! Snakes, spiders, insane heat, very rare dust storm, insane storms, hail, flooding rain, cyclones... multiple power outages.

I once came home from Tasmania (that island south of the main land you know) it's naturally cool there. I stepped off the plane in Brisbane and got absolutely fucking blasted by hot wind. Oh straya' never change! + the shit internet too.

I also saw some brits complaining the other day about a 32 degree day! I laughed! Whilst rare, we have night times (like 1am) where its still over 30 with 100% humidity. That shit is nasty.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2016-07-21 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Should come to Australia. Doesn't matter if you live in the big city! During the summer time the outback comes to you! Shit loads of bugs and every thing! Snakes, spiders, insane heat, very rare dust storm, insane storms, hail, flooding rain, cyclones... multiple power outages.

I once came home from Tasmania (that island south of the main land you know) it's naturally cool there. I stepped off the plane in Brisbane and got absolutely fucking blasted by hot wind. Oh straya' never change! + the shit internet too.

I also saw some brits complaining the other day about a 32 degree day! I laughed! Whilst rare, we have night times (like 1am) where its still over 30 with 100% humidity. That shit is nasty.
    If you saw what I looked like you'd realise why I dislike the sun. I'm quite pale.

I love going hiking, walking and stuff like that though - just when it's cold or raining. I'm planning to go to Switzerland for my birthday next year so it - hopefully - shouldn't be too warm. I might even get to try my luck at skiing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    If you saw what I looked like you'd realise why I dislike the sun. I'm quite pale.

I love going hiking, walking and stuff like that though - just when it's cold or raining. I'm planning to go to Switzerland for my birthday next year so it - hopefully - shouldn't be too warm. I might even get to try my luck at skiing!
    I'll meet you there. I'm actually getting a tan again. New job = working in the sun! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    No spoilers now. I can't watch anime until I'm getting off this internet.
    You better catch up with both arcs then! I need someone else to mourn the death of Asahina, even if it was obvious someone from the original cast was gonna die!!

Deleted
    Need a replacement for heads of state mafia

7+ Year Old Account
    Hi everyone.

Well, after a little more than a week being in the hospital, I was finally allowed to go home yesterday Thanks to all the well-wishes and thoughts, it really made me happy. If you're wondering why I was in the hospital, basically I have Bipolar II disorder that went untreated for way too long.

As much as I want to get back into the swing of things after Celtic's game, I have a flurry of outpatient visits and therapy, not to mention medicine that makes me sleep 16 hours a day (not exaggerating). I want to fully commit myself to seeking a healthier life at the moment, so I'm not going to be playing for the next few months or so. Once I am able to put in the focus and time these games (and you) deserve, trust me, I'll be back. I'll also be watching the games as they go from the sidelines, maybe requesting a dead thread here and there for commenting, and just be around in general. I like the mmo-c mafia community, as you may have guessed.

I have gathered @Cruelle that you had good news on the health front. I'm glad to hear that!

And for the @Anakso I only have 3 more episodes of school 2015 to go, and then I need to decide which on the list to watch next. Which would you suggest? I'm going to be sad if I miss out on the K-drama game, but priorities.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

@Senna: Awesome news. Health first; looking forward to your return!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    Hi everyone.

Well, after a little more than a week being in the hospital, I was finally allowed to go home yesterday Thanks to all the well-wishes and thoughts, it really made me happy. If you're wondering why I was in the hospital, basically I have Bipolar II disorder that went untreated for way too long.

As much as I want to get back into the swing of things after Celtic's game, I have a flurry of outpatient visits and therapy, not to mention medicine that makes me sleep 16 hours a day (not exaggerating). I want to fully commit myself to seeking a healthier life at the moment, so I'm not going to be playing for the next few months or so. Once I am able to put in the focus and time these games (and you) deserve, trust me, I'll be back. I'll also be watching the games as they go from the sidelines, maybe requesting a dead thread here and there for commenting, and just be around in general. I like the mmo-c mafia community, as you may have guessed.

I have gathered @Cruelle that you had good news on the health front. I'm glad to hear that!
    I have had great news, and now my thoughts are with you. I have sympathy for those 16 hour sleep days I know them only too well. I have a cousin with almost the same thing, I say almost because I can't remember if it's 1 or 2 that she has...I hope things go well for you going forward and I'm not sure how much comfort this will bring you but were always here if you need to chat.

@Senna1251: I shall be thinking of you and awaiting your return eagerly! It's completely understandable that you're taking a break and whilst you'll certainly be missed as Danner says health comes first!

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    -Good News-
    Health >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mafia, so we'll be here waiting for your return!

10+ Year Old Account
    @Senna1251 I know I'm not Ana but I have watched a few of those, if you want I can go ask our friend and get his opinion on the order you should watch them in. But in my place for the ones I watched I would definately recommened watching Reply 1997 and then Sassy Go Go. Forewarning for Reply 1997, it "takes place" in that time period but also doesn't. It's essentially a feast among the main cast (that takes place I believe around 2012) and you either want to learn who the main female lead chose as her husband or you can watch it take place.

Sassy Go Go is more of a happy go lucky show... Besides for those few scenes but less about that!

@Senna1251: I am well acquainted with Bipolar II through someone close to me, so I have a bit of an idea of what you have on your hands. I am glad that you're doing alright, and I wish you the best.

7+ Year Old Account
    Glad to hear everything is getting better Senna! You should At least join the dead threads. It's always fun not playing and thinking you know it all. Lol.