Page 76 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xaerus View Post
    This may have been discussed but I've navigated most pages, I've saw a few things here and there. The artifact tree, I am seeing different things. Wowhead has a guide stating it is best to go either with Embrace of the Nightmare or Adaptive Fur first. I've also saw streamers going this route, usually adaptive fur. I've played the beta, have about 15 artifact points and went into Gory Fur. I am considering changing it to test, but has anyone else did theorycrafting on what the best route to go would be? Embrace is obviously going to give more damage, however I've read the leech is 25 percent of your current leech and not 25 leech on it's own. Adaptive fur seems super underwhelming and only really worth having occasionally. I feel Gory Fur is the best for constant mitigation, but every guide, video, stream I watch nobody goes it first. What are the thoughts of those who have tried all of these out? What would you recommend?
    Reinforced fur is why you want to go right next to adaptive, that might be the reason why they throw and extra point into the big node. Id go embrace early on for 5mans and switch my specc towards reinforced/gory when I start raiding.

The guide at Icy Veins says "Lastly, we feel that Feral Affinity is not worth picking. Its only real benefit is a 15% passive movement speed increase, but Guardian Druids do not lack mobility and this talent therefore is not as useful as the other two."

Anyone else find this statement odd? I won't even pretend to know more than they do, but I love having an always-on 15% movement buff. It's great for QoL in addition to any advantages in combat. Not sure what he means by us not lacking mobility either. We're not gimped in that department, and I did spec into Gutteral Roars for more stampeding, but there's still a chance it'll be on CD when I want to move.

At the very least I'd say Feral was a viable option.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    The guide at Icy Veins says "Lastly, we feel that Feral Affinity is not worth picking. Its only real benefit is a 15% passive movement speed increase, but Guardian Druids do not lack mobility and this talent therefore is not as useful as the other two."

Anyone else find this statement odd?
    I've never missed the baseline run speed while tanking before, as I typically picked Wild Charge on that row in 6.x, and we didn't lose any mobility, if anything gained some. I still pick Wild Charge, so there is that.

Most of the choices are pretty situational. So unless you actually want to use the affinity to do some DPS, it comes down to the encounter. A lot of constant movement? Feral might help. Adds spawning that need picking up? Balance for more range. Otherwise? Resto for a bit of passive healing.

In absence of being able to respec all the time, I would probably use resto or balance permanently. Even if resto is only 1.5% heal in bear, its still a good chunk of healing for nothing, and the range increase on thrash/swipe from balance affinity is brilliant when dealing with adds or trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Idk where you saw people saying go adaptative fur first but ive literally seen nobody say that ever. You go gory fur then embrace then adaptative and you finish with bloody thrash cause its a pos trait that id love to skip if i could but you need it for the 20 point traits that increases stam.
    This is certainly what I was thonking. The issue with this is the critical on maul you have to put points in going that route is such a waste. The traits going to adaptive are more useful, but eventually you need them all so I like your idea on the path. Do you put anything into bear hug or just go straight to embrace after getting gory?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I've never missed the baseline run speed while tanking before, as I typically picked Wild Charge on that row in 6.x, and we didn't lose any mobility, if anything gained some. I still pick Wild Charge, so there is that.

Most of the choices are pretty situational. So unless you actually want to use the affinity to do some DPS, it comes down to the encounter. A lot of constant movement? Feral might help. Adds spawning that need picking up? Balance for more range. Otherwise? Resto for a bit of passive healing.

In absence of being able to respec all the time, I would probably use resto or balance permanently. Even if resto is only 1.5% heal in bear, its still a good chunk of healing for nothing, and the range increase on thrash/swipe from balance affinity is brilliant when dealing with adds or trash.
    Hadn't thought about the bigger radius with thrash/swipe. idk why lol, but I'd only considered ST and most of them are in melee range anyway. So that's something to think about.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    My issues with frenzied regeneration seem to have gone away as of the last mini-patch (shrug).
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

This may have been discussed but I've navigated most pages, I've saw a few things here and there. The artifact tree, I am seeing different things. Wowhead has a guide stating it is best to go either with Embrace of the Nightmare or Adaptive Fur first. I've also saw streamers going this route, usually adaptive fur. I've played the beta, have about 15 artifact points and went into Gory Fur. I am considering changing it to test, but has anyone else did theorycrafting on what the best route to go would be? Embrace is obviously going to give more damage, however I've read the leech is 25 percent of your current leech and not 25 leech on it's own. Adaptive fur seems super underwhelming and only really worth having occasionally. I feel Gory Fur is the best for constant mitigation, but every guide, video, stream I watch nobody goes it first. What are the thoughts of those who have tried all of these out? What would you recommend?
    It's not just the golden trait, but what you pick up along the way to get the golden trait, you have to look at it as a whole and not just the trait.

To get Adaptive fur you gain
    +15% increase to FR Healing
    +9% CD reduction on BS
    +12% Additional Armor on IF

To get Gory Fur you gain
    +12% Mangle Damage
    +10% SI DR
    +1.5sec duration added to IF, MoU, and BS

While the route to Embrace of the Nightmare you gain DPS and either a snare or more speed on Stamp roar after getting either Adaptive or Gory

Personally I'm torn between Gory and Adaptive first, and I've thought about it more and I'm most likely going to Adaptive first. My reasoning for this is, that i will have both Adaptive and Gory by the time raids open up, in the time before they open up i will be doing 5 man heroics/mythics. The traits otw to Adaptive Fur are more useful in those 5 mans because they buff FR/BS/IF and Adaptive Fur alone will come in handy because of the casters and DoTs that are abundant in 5 man trash packs. The Gory Fur trait and its route is about IF up time and ease of getting 2-3 stacks up at once, and in those 5 mans we really wont need that extra uptime or stacks.

This is certainly what I was thonking. The issue with this is the critical on maul you have to put points in going that route is such a waste. The traits going to adaptive are more useful, but eventually you need them all so I like your idea on the path. Do you put anything into bear hug or just go straight to embrace after getting gory?
    i definitely get bearhug and wildflesh too as they are two very strong talent, probaly after getting gory fur, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get gory fur, embrace, wildlflesh and bear hug before the first raid.

Deleted
    Evening Guys. Ive only recently rerolled to Guardian, so im wondering if any experienced players could give me a priority of abilities to generate the maximum amount of threat. Im playing SOTF and Pulverize. thank you

Edit: IS GG more threat than SOTF?

Was tanking some LFR's and i noticed that DK have insane AoE TPS, any one else notice this? I had trouble keeping aggro off a DK that was 20ilvls under me, don't have this problem when i was getting other tanks thru LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Was tanking some LFR's and i noticed that DK have insane AoE TPS, any one else notice this? I had trouble keeping aggro off a DK that was 20ilvls under me, don't have this problem when i was getting other tanks thru LFR.

Im hearing rumblings of bears having problems with plate tanks and threat. Probably a symptom of being tuned for 110 and artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Im hearing rumblings of bears having problems with plate tanks and threat. Probably a symptom of being tuned for 110 and artifacts.
    Also think some of it has to do with our AoE kit vs theirs also. They have a lot more AoE/Cleave than we do, also some of theirs have 10-50 sec CD making them do more DPS thus more TPS for more of a snap effect.

I actually lost threat on an undergeared warrior tank in my guild on Zakuun last night, even with Maul spamming. That was odd.

I'm seeing Ysera's gift is still healing us for 1.5%, not 3%. Currently have 1.3 mil HP and was getting 20k heals instead of the intended 40k ones.

Few questions though:

Is the BoA trinket really that good considering resolve no longer exists? (Still states on trinket that the shield is affected by resolve).

Will SotF generate more rage than GG with the artifact as we'll get an extra 5% chance to proc gore, more with set bonus yes yes?

Oh and how does the tyrant trinket rate now that it has the static mastery with the same stacking HP bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I actually lost threat on an undergeared warrior tank in my guild on Zakuun last night, even with Maul spamming. That was odd.
    I've talked to others about it and they keep saying were tuned for having our Artifact, but that is moot because all tanks have traits that buff the damage of their moves on their Artifacts.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've talked to others about it and they keep saying were tuned for having our Artifact, but that is moot because all tanks have traits that buff the damage of their moves on their Artifacts.
    But do those other tanks get +9% critical strike chance to Maul?

Comparing our artifact to, for example, prot warriors, we get +12% damage to Mangle and Thrash, while they get +15% to Devastate, +12% to Revenge, +30% to Thunder Clap, and a 250% AP AoE proc on critical blocks.

I don't see artifacts tipping the threat battle in any way in our direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post

Comparing our artifact to, for example, prot warriors, we get +12% damage to Mangle and Thrash, while they get +15% to Devastate, +12% to Revenge, +30% to Thunder Clap, and a 250% AP AoE proc on critical blocks.

That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post

Actually both the mangle and thrash traits were recently buffed 21% to mangle and 30% to thrash. The mmo talent calcreflects it but the wowhead one does not.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Actually both the mangle and thrash traits were recently buffed 21% to mangle and 30% to thrash. The mmo talent calcreflects it but the wowhead one does not.
    Pardon me, I seem to have egg on my face. Does anyone have a towel?

Threat is a problem as well in normal modes beta testing are aoe threat is terrible compared to dk. Even when damage is higher on aoe packs single target was sketchy too vs dk. And this is full artifact normal nighthold. Seems to be a problem . I cant even pull a boss w/o other tanks instantly out threating even with moonfire up
    Last edited by jayg2772; 2016-07-23 at 01:43 AM.