Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For Marak and Shiro. Kryll also listed you two as suspicious alongside me in his post yesterday. I'd imagine that surely you'd both like a lynch on him because his flip could vindicate you slightly based on his flip. I therefore find it especially odd that neither of you seem overly keen on voting for him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough... I'll have to go back and read him again (planned on doing that anyway). I just feel Jynx is scummier right now.

and now ill be getting off the computer.

@Virothe I'm sorry. I've seen a similar tool to what you're doing be used intentionally by scum to influence town, hence my skepticism. I had no intent of provoking any sort of personal attack, I was just exposing my opinion on the matter based on prior experience from another forum.

I am still going to maintain a skeptical eye on your list, but I promise that I will keep it in consideration when I'm thinking about everything, just as I would any other post.

I tend to post and play mostly on instinct and emotion so it'll take me a few games, I imagine, to really get a feel for this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deth if you are talking about his list that has like -6 +6 and whatnot... That's not really used for finding scum. It's more of a "this player has this many posts and this is how many of them are game related and fluff" it's more used to get people like me to participate more to try and make sure as town that I won't be lurker lynched.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    @shirokitsune
    I can agree to the reasoning of Jynx/BF situation offering us information if one were to die. But examining Kryllian I haven't really seen him attempt to fully persuade people to vote one way or another. He has offered votes, with some reasoning behind them, but readnig through all his posts I see nothing that offers any real impact.

On top of that you were the person he wanted to lynch yesterday, how do you feel about that?

Well if we assume they voted me instead of allowyn at first because they were trying to protect a buddy, you could say it was a (failed) deflection attempt.

As for how I feel about it? meh c'est La Vie. They aren't the first to vote me, doubt they'll be the last.

- - - Updated - - -

For Marak and Shiro. Kryll also listed you two as suspicious alongside me in his post yesterday. I'd imagine that surely you'd both like a lynch on him because his flip could vindicate you slightly based on his flip. I therefore find it especially odd that neither of you seem overly keen on voting for him.
    Sorry took me a moment to catch what was wrong with this.

If I'm not mistaken, my current vote IS on Kryllian. As of #581.

--- @Virothe, I wonder if I've hit -255 value on your list yet. Not sure if getting there would constitute great success or great shame.

Quote Originally Posted by shirokitsune View Post
    If we end up not deciding to lynch Cruelle, I'm definitely open to switching to Jynx over Kryllian. Same with choosing BF.
    You confused me with this post then. Why would you put Jynx above Kryllian?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that is quite the role Cruelle. I'm all for a Kryllian lynch, or rather a Cruelle lynch with him taking Kryll with him. We're 2 for 2 so far and if Cruelles telling the truth which hopefully we find out, 75% chance of a lynch on him having the same outcome of a lynch on whomever we choose while also giving some proof of Cruelles role so I'm for that. Will hold off voting for more discussion though.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Deth if you are talking about his list that has like -6 +6 and whatnot... That's not really used for finding scum. It's more of a "this player has this many posts and this is how many of them are game related and fluff" it's more used to get people like me to participate more to try and make sure as town that I won't be lurker lynched.
    It's not even so much that though, it's more so to just stop games from trailing off in the later phases. If the players who are here are aware of who has been sitting around and not contributing it should at least push them to inquire about those players.

Lurking isn't just an issue with players doing it, but others allowing it and we need to fight it on both fronts if we have a chance at winning over it.

Quote Originally Posted by shirokitsune View Post
    --- @Virothe, I wonder if I've hit -255 value on your list yet. Not sure if getting there would constitute great success or great shame.
    Idk, but I hear -300 comes with a gold dipped noose.

Also, as an aside - does anyone think we should be reading into the NPC deaths or are they likely to be simply fluff?

@Anakso, by the way I'm not getting lynched today.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how everyone is scumreading Kryllian now when I was basically all alone with that read yesterday. Either his partners are bussing or he isn't scum. Leaning towards the former.

- - - Updated - - -

And if Cruelle is telling the truth, which I think is very likely, then Celtic is a filthy liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Also, as an aside - does anyone think we should be reading into the NPC deaths or are they likely to be simply fluff?
    Ive been ignoring them, but then I often ignore RP stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    @Anakso, by the way I'm not getting lynched today.
    Okay I'll give you this one...because we clearly have bigger fish to fry.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Same here on both counts, sometimes to my detriment though. Often in games someone will suddenly have info that was revealed in RP I missed because I almost never read the RP (until someone mentions its useful)

7+ Year Old Account
    I see not a lot has happened in the past 5 hours or so. Would still like to see everyone post some opinion on the day and previous deaths. Several people havent even checked in this gameday, but given how spread across the world we are, could be due to timing.

Going to maintain my vote on Jynx for reasons stated in previous posts. When I get home from work ill be more or less remaking my trust list. Will post it either near the end of this gameday or beginning to next.

You confused me with this post then. Why would you put Jynx above Kryllian?
    Ah. The reasoning actually is simple. First as explained Jynx/BF both could potentially give a LOT of info with a flip; Kryllian not quite as much info admittedly. In this case it makes sense, to me anyway, that if there is a majority of votes on one of the 3 and I'm not on it I should then move and add to that majority to either force them to deal with the pressure by giving info/claiming or to help secure the lynch of someone I think is scum.

I guess this could end up being considered slightly opportunistic but at the same time really seems to be a logical solution to the quandry of not knowing what they are definitively at this time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    So I'm guess I'm asking for clarification on whether you lose your resurrection if you're nk'd and why you would think self lynching and losing the resurrection would be a better plan.
    It specifically states that being lynched is the only way for my resurrection ability to work. I just die if I get nk.

And by all means I absolutely don't need to be lynched today. I am Town and I win when all threats have been eliminated to town. If town can accept my claim with out verification then that's cool, let's press on. I only claimed because I couldn't dump this claim on town any later. Yes it cripples my role with no verification but I will have 4 abilities instead of 2.

- - - Updated - - -

So I guess my question for Cruelle - and anyone else who wishes to answer - is whether or not you believe that there's other weird roles present in this game.
    That depends on the leader and how well the mod know's his world leaders. Enda Kenny suits the flying pumpkin role. Although I'm pretty certain if Trump was President the role most certainly would be his.

10+ Year Old Account
    This lynch is between Cruelle and Kryll. I got an innocent on Jynx. FYI.

Evidently didn't reveal my results straight away because I wanted to see what people did first. Not a lot happened from withholding that information to be honest. Shiro was a little erratic with Jynx.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood Fox was telling the truth. At the very least a half truth. But since Jynx has disappeared, who knows!

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how much I'll be able to post in the next few hours. Some days I can be on MMO fine while I’m at work and other days logging into the site locks up my web browser and typing is on a 20+ second delay. Today appears to be the second kind of day so I'm typing this into word and doing a quick copy paste before it locks up again. So bear with me as I can’t quote posts or even look up post numbers at the moment.

If I was analyzing myself based on my vote patterns I’d probably read me as leaning scum as well. D1 I voted for Dupti and had the lynched scum (Catta) join me. However I voted early and stuck with it and Catta plus one other person who I can’t remember right now joined me later. I also made the mistake of thinking that I could check the last few hours of the day on my phone and unvote or switch votes to ensure a no-lynch didn’t happen but forgot that I was going to be at my Aunts house in the middle of nowhere that day and her cell reception is one bar at best and getting onto the internet is next to impossible. So I couldn’t contribute anything at the end of D1. Catta is an experienced player though and I don’t think he would be dumb enough to sit on a dead train with another scum team member until the end of the day. So for those who think that’s a scum tell that he was with me on a dead train. I would encourage you to think of that because it was simply on opportunity vote on his part.

D2 I tried to started a policy lynch train on Blood for pressure but no one joined me. Eventually he did finally show up and posted some useful information (outside of our little spat) so I unvoted while I looked over posts to see where I wanted to go next. When it looked like it came down to 1 of 2 people I made my judgment and voted on who I thought was the better candidate. At that point if I was scum I probably would have not voted or bussed my teammate rather than made an explicit post as to why I thought Allow was the weaker vote. I explicitly drew a line as to why I picked one over the other and that would have been a horrible post if I was trying to direct attention away from a teammate. I would have been much more subtle and not started Shiro’s alternate train. I would also like to point out though that a scum lynch on Allow doesn’t necessarily exonerate Shiro and I still have strange gut feelings about his posts up to D3.

I think Reti, the main reason you stated you found me scummy that you’re trying to remember was when I poked at three non-posters and asked them questions. You came back at me and asked me to answer the same questions myself and I said I would after they did. Since I can’t read through the posts at the moment to see who all was on alternate trains D1 I’ll try to do that during raid tonight and post before bed.

As for Cruelle’s claim, I’m having a big problem with it. This game was listed and pitched as a back to basics game with generic roles and lots of basic players and he has thrown out one of the craziest overpowered roles I have seen. If I remember his claim correctly he’s got an iron collar/vest combo so he can’t be killed the first time he’s targeted with a lynch or NK and a significant chance of taking someone with him. After that pops he has either a guaranteed redirect, a guaranteed NK, or a guaranteed second “take someone out with him” for the rest of the game.

The four role cards we’ve seen so far are pretty basic which would fit with the back to basics game better than his claim. The godfather didn’t even appear to be investigation immune so unless the scum has some equally overpowered counterbalance I feel his claim puts too much power in the towns hands. His post feels more like a Jester/Bomb which would fit more closely with the back to basics theme.

So far the two NK’s have a vig feel to them. So scum either is having bad luck with their kills or something else is happening (further making me think they don’t have some OP role in their midst). If they have a lot of AFK players (like Allow was) then it could be they missed a NK attempt or are simply having bad luck with a redirect/doctor/vest etc.

I'll try to reset my computer and clear my cache over lunch to see if that makes the site more stable but I may not be able to respond to questions until i get home or at best try to follow on my phone.

Crackle why did you check Jynx instead of BF?

7+ Year Old Account
    With Crackleslap's cop claim and his innocent on Jynxie
    Unvote

Going back over the thread to see if theres anything I missed innitially and update my reads on everyone.