Page 6 of 228 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I got a 730 csp and saw someone get a 740 (750 with valour lol). Same thing is applying to loot in all types of raids/dungeons. Pretty sure 740 or 750 is the maximum cap globally for base level drops though, so you won't be seeing anything higher than 750 or 760 ish even from mythic arch.

Deleted
    Trinkets: I don't run RoW at all anymore. Ran some tests with it, and the only way I do halfway decent damage with it is when I also take Void Ray.
    I run with Iron Reaver Piston and Unblinking Gaze of Seth (Iskar Trinket). On Demon fights I take the Orb of Voidsight, unless I cleave a lot. I easily get to 110k dps with these trinkets, however I barely get to 98k when taking RoW + Piston. No luck on that Kazzak trinket yet, either.

Also: I've been getting a lot of questions about our talents since yesterday, so I thought I'd share with you: Mindbender is RIDICULOUSLY broken at the moment. Constant insanity gain lets us reach 40-50 stacks when running LotV, and there has not been a single boss-fight where I haven't been able to reach 100 Stacks using StM. Mindbender, combined with our 4 Set-bonus, is absolutely broken!

To add as well: When you're trying to maximize your time in StM, I suggest running Fortress of the Mind rather than Twist of Fate. Our execute is still super strong when considering Reaper of Souls, and FotM just makes life in StM a lot easier.
    Hope this helps!

Deleted
    Writing a guide in knowledge of it being bad and hoping for the community to correct it is a meh move.
    You better have a guide reviewed before posting it to the public.

But making a bad guide sticky even though it's bad, just because you're a Mod is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Writing a guide in knowledge of it being bad and hoping for the community to correct it is a meh move.

But making a bad guide sticky even though it's bad, just because you're a Mod is ridiculous.
    You're a bit late to the party.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    How many stacks of Insanity are folks getting?
    Im relatively new in posting here but i read it alot during wod and i only thought it be fair i contribute.

On the raid dummy i was averaging 24 at the start then ramp up to 27+ and hit 31 earlier. I think my 31 was a result of being in execute.

ilvl 728

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    How many stacks of Insanity are folks getting?

703 ilvl, HFC normal tier 2 pc bonus only.
    Did not pop Legendary ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruujik View Post

The leg ring won't affect the amount of stack you get tho. It's only a dps increase or am I missing something ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    How are you guys getting only 27 stacks or so? Or is that due to the gear differences completely? I usually always make it past 30 Stacks when using LotV, even on target dummies, but I'm currently at 30% haste unbuffed and 29% crit unbuffed.

Also, if you want to compare yourselves with some other priests at the moment:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...5&class=Priest

Most are running Reaper of Souls rather than Void Ray, but it seems as if the two don't give each other much in terms of DPS.

I think the amount of haste makes the diff, i was at 25%

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo WoW View Post
    How are you guys getting only 27 stacks or so? Or is that due to the gear differences completely? I usually always make it past 30 Stacks when using LotV, even on target dummies, but I'm currently at 30% haste unbuffed and 29% crit unbuffed.

Most are running Reaper of Souls rather than Void Ray, but it seems as if the two don't give each other much in terms of DPS.
    Yeah stats are a big factor. Like I only have 21% haste and crit (rip me, should have stacked those haste/crit pieces QQ and gear up my priest instead of my monk).
    Last edited by Ilir; 2016-07-21 at 11:38 AM.

Homophobia is so gay.

As talent switching wasn't as comfortable (the tomes became available only after everyone discovered where to get the recipe) I just ran with RoS and StM for every single fight.
    Now for mythic this evening tomes are widely available, so you'll see some more switching happen I guess.

Void Ray + Class Trinket is a DPS gain for shorter fights with shorter StM times though (Zakuun, Iron Reaver, Kormrok) etc... I don't know what you are doing to have something beat out that combo for pure single target damage. Shouldn't be possible without adds to cheese. Please try again on Zakuun and report back maybe? I will do a full mythic clear this evening and report my findings.

For any other type of fight, rather than just a single target all day long, I'd choose RoS anytime. It's just more comfortable and more Insanity = happy shadows.

But I also have like 34% haste, 29% crit and 60% mastery (with IRP and CSP).
    My Priest and my Logs

For me (28% haste), there is a point between 26-27 stacks that either you are lucky with AS procs, or the cast of MB simply isn't fast enough, just for a fraction of second. If I can pull of that MB, that provides 30-31 stacks. As far as I can tell, 1% more haste can mean a steady difference of 3-4 stacks of Voidform, at least at some breakpoints.

Deleted
    That is quite likely. The more haste you have base-lined, the higher your insanity stacks will basically set you to begin with. And as we all know, this means that you gain more and more shadowy apparitions faster than someone with lower haste.
    @Kis I agree with you, and I should've specified. No way Void Ray can be topped in a pure single target fight at this point in time. To be fair though, I don't usually ever talent anything towards single-target bosses during farm, especially as most of the time I only log on to do Manno + Archi at the moment, which are both multi-target obviously.

But be sure to keep us all updated, all of you! Please continue posting logs, questions, experiences, to share with us all! I for one will post my Archi Logs on Sunday!

Oh wow @Angelo WoW (Narline) why did you change your avatar and name ? That disturbs me more than it should q.q

Homophobia is so gay.

Hey all,

Just starting maining a shadow priest as it's easily the most fun I've had on beta! But what add on do you guys use for multiple dot tracking? Tidyplates is good but I wondered if anyone had any more suggestions? I downloaded Sptimers last night which was good but when normally all 3 mobs have the same name and the nameplates overlap it's hard keeping track!

Also did anyone get the beta nameplates working on live, the ones where they actually show the debuffs on the target? I can't find the option to turn it on with live it only shows the names of the targets.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fruujik View Post

Forgot to add that I only have 17% haste.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Refuss/simple

And 710 ilvl, confused with my main alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshiren View Post
    Hey all,

Just starting maining a shadow priest as it's easily the most fun I've had on beta! But what add on do you guys use for multiple dot tracking? Tidyplates is good but I wondered if anyone had any more suggestions? I downloaded Sptimers last night which was good but when normally all 3 mobs have the same name and the nameplates overlap it's hard keeping track!

Also did anyone get the beta nameplates working on live, the ones where they actually show the debuffs on the target? I can't find the option to turn it on with live it only shows the names of the targets.

Thanks!
    I like Raven since its dot tracking will show which of the mobs is your current target
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/raven
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post

What exactly is wrong with the information? Everything I've written there is directly matching up with what everyone else is doing.

I'm getting really low stack numbers (mid 20s) but given my limited play time I only have a Mastery/Haste gear set for CoP and I do need more practice time. Not sure it's worth the time/effort to gather more appropriate stats given how close the expansion is. Regardless it looks like Shadow is going to be "Fire Mage" like in that having too low of the right secondary stats is going to limit you more than certain other specs.

I'll take my captain obvious sticker now and go back to work.

Deleted
    Can someone tell a proper opener with Stm?