Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Well, gnomes felt they were indebted to dwarves for dwarves received them in their city when they blew up theirs.
    Dwarves and humans knew eachother for a long time. They became good friends mostly due to wars against trolls and orcs that cemented their friendship.
    Night elves, at the end of Warcraft 3 told everyone to gtfo of their forests. The Alliance left, as visible that even now there are few of other races there, in Classic there were only 2 humans of other races and even those were there after they had learned some customs. But since the Alliance left and the Horde did not, the night elves made friends with the Alliance. Since the Alliance did help them somewhat and didn't ask for their sacred forests or something, they tried to make the alliance work.
    Draenei landed and made friends with the night elves because they had done much of the same, lived in fear of the Legion and prepared for the day they would battle them. Plus the whole betrayal by your leaders, night elves and draenei had lots in common and draenei took care to respect what the night elves believed in (like trying to clean-up the wreckage and helping them battle in Ashenvale).
    Worgen, night elves felt somewhat at fault for the worgen issue. Then while many of the other races still see them with suspicion, it is because Gilneas left the Old Alliance when they were needed. But it's not enough of a reason to create great crevices. Still, Varian and Genn did fight it out.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Aiden Perenolde allowed the Horde passage through Alterac in return for sparing his kingdom. The Alliance of Lordaeron retaliated pretty harshly following the Second War.
    Yeah, but his troops and people had no idea what he was doing. He ordered his troops to some other pass in the mountains and they were like "wha?" and he was like "ya, they're going through that other one, so go guard it so they can't get through" and they were like "huh, okay, you're the boss" and thus weren't to blame for their king's betrayal.

But Thoras destroyed the whole kingdom, shattering so many lives, and the rest of the Alliance shrugged their shoulders and everyone decided to remember Stromgarde as a just staunch upholder of good old fashioned Alliance values. And Thoras is coming back as a good old fashioned nice guy.

Deleted
    In the lore, it was the night elves that gave birth to humans, draenai , dwarfs, and gnomes.

so they all work together because they understand they are the same.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    In the lore, it was the night elves that gave birth to humans, draenai , dwarfs, and gnomes.

No, it wasn't. You could have at least read the cliff notes of chronicle.

Stop spamming the threads with false information.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Seems like this thread is just people reaching to rationalize poor/uninspired writing.

There definitely should have been conflict and stronger racial identities within the alliance. Seems like Blizzard either does not care or does not want to confuse the part of the playerbase who picks alliance to be the generic good guy.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Your life must be dull....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Your life must be dull....
    this is a forum where people will share different opinions. please do not attack me for having a different opinion. you have been reported.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    this is a forum where people will share different opinions. please do not attack me for having a different opinion. you have been reported.
    Thing is, what you typed isn't an opinion; it's wrong. Your "opinion" clashes with factual information, it's something you do in every thread you post in, which seems a lot like trolling, thus your life must be boring.

Thing is, what you typed isn't an opinion; it's wrong. Your "opinion" clashes with factual information, it's something you do in every thread you post in, which seems a lot like trolling, thus your life must be boring.
    There isn't much to do on the echo isles after all.

Deleted
    i take your opinion on board, as you should learn to accept others. As you personally attacked me again, you gave me no choice but to report you again.

Have a great day .

7+ Year Old Account
    alot of the alliance share common goals, keeping their people safe, and the planet strong and healthy, all being very honor based people, with common goals and tatics, makes for a faction that holds itself together well

cept greymane hes a british bitch... oh sorry hes a male.... mmm we need a name for a male dog...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    i take your opinion on board, as you should learn to accept others. As you personally attacked me again, you gave me no choice but to report you again.

Have a great day .
    Again - this isn't a matter of opinions, at all. Nor have their been any attacks, but sure, go ahead, report away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    alot of the alliance share common goals, keeping their people safe, and the planet strong and healthy, all being very honor based people, with common goals and tatics, makes for a faction that holds itself together well

cept greymane hes a british bitch... oh sorry hes a male.... mmm we need a name for a male dog...
    your views are intriguing but lacking some truth in important areas.

7+ Year Old Account
    your views are intriguing but lacking some truth in important areas.
    well the humans, dwarves, and gnomes have allways been more about protecting their people and lands, more then conquring the world and all others on it...
    the space goats are much of the same, rather peaceful people, with the nightelves following long suit, protectors of nature and their culture

worgen can be abit corrupt as they were the side of the humans that were abit more stuborn... but overall meh

again the alliance is much more stable compared to
    Orcs and their blood frenzy
    Trolls and their voodoo ways
    Blood elves and their obsession
    Undead and well... being undead and using the plague
    tauren are cool though

Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    Seems like this thread is just people reaching to rationalize poor/uninspired writing.

There definitely should have been conflict and stronger racial identities within the alliance. Seems like Blizzard either does not care or does not want to confuse the part of the playerbase who picks alliance to be the generic good guy.
    This pretty much nails it, at least the night elves and draenei shouldn't be so accepting of the "Let's be friends with the orcs, again"-policy (Even draenei have limited patience) and the worgen have a sizable bone to pick with the forsaken (That is one thread that seems to be picked up in Legion), in fact all alliance races have suffered considerably from earlier horde aggression, and pretty recently too (less than a human generation ago, which is a blink of an eye in the lifetimes of the longer-lived races), and all that is being glossed over all too easily...

In lore... well, you have no idea about the lore. There are books ( Chronicles vol.1 mainly) and the wowpedia site, which can , if you wish, enlighten you about matters of lore in the Warcraft Univers. But until then, almost all of you "lore" posts are quite inaccurate, or simply said - wrong. And given that your post for me is a troll post, and you are not contributing to the thread, what should i do. Oh.. wait there is one line in the rules that says trolling is reportable

O.T. - yes the Alliance are tided togethere with their honor and pretty much the same wish - protec their people, live in peace, follow their rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again - this isn't a matter of opinions, at all. Nor have their been any attacks, but sure, go ahead, report away.
    venziir my friend, i thought you of all people knew how to avoid these meaningless talks with those idiot trolls,

Which P.S. Dankdruid if you knew the lore then by YOUR logic, most alliance races should belong to the horde cause Night elves were former trolls.

No Tusk Club.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    well the humans, dwarves, and gnomes have allways been more about protecting their people and lands, more then conquring the world and all others on it...
    the space goats are much of the same, rather peaceful people, with the nightelves following long suit, protectors of nature and their culture

worgen can be abit corrupt as they were the side of the humans that were abit more stuborn... but overall meh

again the alliance is much more stable compared to
    Orcs and their blood frenzy
    Trolls and their voodoo ways
    Blood elves and their obsession
    Undead and well... being undead and using the plague
    Goblin and their greed
    tauren are cool though
    Edited for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Edited for you
    oh yeah, sorry i..... overlooked.... the goblins, i guess im abit.... short... sighted ;3
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-21 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TalinSilverbane View Post
    Well for one, the none of the Alliance races gain anything from betraying each other. Gnomes rely on Ironforge for protection, Humans have lost so many kingdoms that they need the other races to bolster their remaining forces and Gilneas can't afford to be independent anymore given their homeland is now a battleground. The only two races that don't need the Alliance are the Draenei and Night Elves. The Elves could likely defend their borders line from the orcs with their normal tactics and the Draenei have a fully functioning spaceship and can leave when they want. But either will leave the Alliance because of a certain burning green army that sort of wants to destroy them is still a major threat.

Also, The Alliance does not have power mad tyrants nor betray each other every other expansion.
    Hush. Such common sense has no place in a thread with such a pro-Horde OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Agreed. This is why I don't play on the alliance much. Every race seems to be super best friends with each other. There's no political tension at all between most of the alliance and that, in my opinion, makes the faction boring. The alliance is supposed to be an alliance, not a super kingdom ruled over by a high king like it is today.
    The Horde, alternatively, has too much political tension. Between Thrall going AWOL, Garry turning into Orc Hitler, Vol'jin just sort of passing things onto Sylvy (every political entity needs its Jimmy Carter), and Sylvy going to dark places in Legion? If the Alliance is played up as way too friendly then the Horde is played up as so fractured and barely functional that literally the only reason it hasn't fallen apart is because Blizz needs to keep the MMO going. There's a happy balance between the two, but Blizzard can't seem to find it.

Or couldn't seem to find it. If you'd been paying attention to the Legion news you'd see that Genn is going off and doing his own thing against Sylvy while Jania's gone AWOL herself. So there's potential for some Alliance strife coming up.
    Granted, this seems like the story that should have happened with Cata. Blizz was too busy drooling over the Horde's inevitable "interesting" inner conflict and never got around to it, so here we are a few expacs later.

Better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan6790 View Post
    From what I know of Horde history the Orcs, Trolls and Tauren have gotten along quite well through pacts of honor and even friendship. The Forsaken withstanding, even the Goblins and Blood Elves have found a bond among the others within the Horde. It seems quite obvious how they've gotten along so far, despite the Forsaken and Furor Garrosh.
    The Forsaken, Goblins, and Blood Elves are all allies of convenience with the rest of the Horde. Gilneas, the Night Elves, and Draenei have closer ties to the rest of the Alliance than the Forsaken, Goblins, and BElves do with the Horde.
    Gilneas- Former member of the Alliance, human kingdom, history with nature magic that lends itself to druidism.
    NElves- They, like the humans and dwarves, have a history defending their lands from orcs.
    Draenei- Light worship brings them in line with the humans, dwarves, and HElves.

The only reason they didn't join the Horde was because Orcs.
    That's an understatement. The Horde was originally formed to wage a war of genocide against the Draenei. The Draenei so aren't going to join the Horde, ever. Regardless of how redeemed they claim to be at any given moment.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    I could say the same for the Horde
    the NEW Horde was Formed Because of the Alliance
    -if there was no Camps the Orc's would not have escaped with Thrall
    - the Human Destroyed the Troll Empire long ago
    - Because of one Human who destroyed 2 Kingdoms, both of them Later Joined the Horde, Forsaken and Blood elf's
    - finally What Happen by the Human to Goblin in Cata
    the new Horde is Formed because of the Alliance
    Yeah, but the Alliance was only formed because the Horde invaded during the First War and forced the High Elves, Dwarves, and seven human kingdoms to unify.
    The entire reason for the Alliance to exist is self-defence against the Horde. Even newer members.
    Gilneas was independent an unaligned until the Horde invaded without provocation.
    The NElves were content to remain secluded until the orcs started chopping up their sacred forest.
    The Draenei...again, the after-mentioned orcish campaign of genocide against them. Of course they're going to side with the only faction powerful enough to keep the Horde in check.

Fact is the Alliance would have no reason to exist if the Horde either 1) ceased to exist or 2) managed to prove that it was serious about no longer trying to ethnically cleanse/conquer/enslave Azeroth. They just can't keep it in their pants though, so the Alliance member nations all agree it's best to keep Team Blue going strong for the time being.
    Last edited by Disreali; 2016-07-22 at 12:54 AM.