Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    All of this reeks of the noflying whining last year. Stamping of feet in ever increasing petulant fits of entitlement in hopes of mommy and daddy blizzard giving them what they want.

This whole nonsense boils down to players being used to altering their game to provide an advantage with a command to the software itself, something that's outside of the norm of what blizzard thinks should be doable. The game is designed with certain expectations in mind. In order to provide an adequate challenge and for other world building, immersion related reasons, players cannot have too much information, otherwise everything becomes trivial. This is the camera angle and zoom distance the game is being designed around, and this is the way the vast majority of players enjoy world of warcraft.

Telling people that you're getting physically sick because you can't view your character from a skyscraper is insulting to everyone's intelligence. This isn't an FOV slider issue, you're not in a car or on a boat, you're sitting in a chair, in a room. You just can't see as much of the pve encounter, and thus have lost an advantage, a crutch. Now you have to again pay attention to the totality of the bossfight, by . . . looking around with your mouse.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The OP is what we called a "raider". Whilst proper good raiders will adapt as they always have, the "raiders" like the OP will cry and whine and threaten to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I have found it annoying in even the world content. The artistic design reason is a bunch of BS. Hoping to see a reversal or at least a change in the max camera distance. Does not help a few elitists are trolling the forums with impunity in support of the change. Blizzard needs to take their moderation seriously. If Blizzard cannot even enforce constructive feedback in the limited beta forums then it says a lot about their support of toxic behavior.
    "impunity" - what are you? a "safe zone bitch". man up its a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Hope your reply was a troll, because you can disable the new models, have been able too since they were first added.
    i realy hope you are trolling ... the old models use the new animations.... they are gone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    you can change over to the old models.
    the camera distance is adjustable in the interface.
    you can swap specs everywhere and talents via tome of whatever its name is or in cities for free. how is that a bad change?
    old models are dead ...
    camera distance is not enough
    its bullshit it was fine the way it was

Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    Nothing good for those that are used to having the camera further, but it equalizes the advantages players can get without having to fuck around with commands and stuff to increase camera distance.

If you zoom out further than the game ''supports'' it'll obviously impact graphical performance. Plus people are gonna ask blizzard how to increase camera distance cause they've ''heared it from other players'' and then they'll say ''oh yea sure this copy paste this long ass code into your chatbar and then you'll be able to increase distance''. While it may seem simple to you, not everyone understands how this works, and getting rid of it is just so much more clean and clear. They couldn't increase it in the interface panel either cause the game doesn't officially support it. What's there even not to understand?

If you can only play with the extreme camera distance you had before then you can basically only play with something that wasn't even supported, thus giving you an advantage over other players, making you actually a pretty bad player if you look at it like that.
    What the fuck did you actually write?
    That makes no sense.

If they wanna play with camera like it is now they can.
    There is absolutely no reason to remove the option to get as further away as you can with your camera tough.

Point is they removed something that wasn't bad wasn't causing problems and it was just an option you could use it or not....
    The fact that most people chose to use it speaks of the volume that blizzard fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    You know the sooner people like you realise that wow/blizzard is a video game and not your wife/girlfriend that left you for the better man, the sooner your mental state will start improving.
    Oh please tell us more about how People should enjoy their time on this Planet

People actually quitting over this is kinda sad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    When exactly did you need to be super-zoomed out to raid?
    As a melee i never had issues and i never zoomed out more than the current limit is.

Also; a "OMG i quit" post by a new account... Yes, these get taken preety serious.
    exactly, ive been raiding since i was 8 (back in mid vanilla) and i dident even know the camera could go further then the default zoom level till wrath, then in wod i learned about the macro, and used it then (only for archi, iron reaver, and koromak though)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    All of this reeks of the noflying whining last year. Stamping of feet in ever increasing petulant fits of entitlement in hopes of mommy and daddy blizzard giving them what they want.

This whole nonsense boils down to players being used to altering their game to provide an advantage with a command to the software itself, something that's outside of the norm of what blizzard thinks should be doable. The game is designed with certain expectations in mind. In order to provide an adequate challenge and for other world building, immersion related reasons, players cannot have too much information, otherwise everything becomes trivial. This is the camera angle and zoom distance the game is being designed around, and this is the way the vast majority of players enjoy world of warcraft.

Telling people that you're getting physically sick because you can't view your character from a skyscraper is insulting to everyone's intelligence. This isn't an FOV slider issue, you're not in a car or on a boat, you're sitting in a chair, in a room. You just can't see as much of the pve encounter, and thus have lost an advantage, a crutch. Now you have to again pay attention to the totality of the bossfight, by . . . looking around with your mouse.
    uhh you do know there is a slider right... your sitting on the closest in camera... you can zoom out far....

but i agree with you, people playing the "gets me motion sick" card should not be playing video games if thats the deal

its been used for this and the "no flying" issue...

"i get motion sick on a ground mount" so how did you fucking play the game before you got a flying mount....?

"i get motion sick from being so zoomed in" from vanilla to bc the camera was much more zoomed in, wrath about the same, alittle more in though

its pathetic to see people pulling "motion sickness" when, if this really did give them it, then any game with a 3erd person camera, or first person camera would do it...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-21 at 10:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

there is now actually a slider for camera distance in the game. if you need more than what it allows you have serious l2p issues.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    old models are dead ...
    camera distance is not enough
    its bullshit it was fine the way it was
    the old models arent dead.
    you want them?

and the camera distance is completely enough, even tho they nerfed it, when you put the slider on far you can still zoom damn far out.

there is basically not even a change!
    now you dont use tomes of the clear mind to change spec or have to go to a trainer!
    talents still use a tome but are free in city areas!
    before you could change your spec and talents either via trainer or the fcking tome of the clear mind, now most of the time it will be free.

you guys are bitching for the smallest things.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-07-21 at 10:58 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Are you actually retarded or just ignorant? I wouldn't have believed it either, but being scrolled so far in means peripheral vision moves way faster than it used to, so ye, you get motion sick. So much for your 'intelligence'.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the life of me I cannot play with my camera zoomed out farther then the new max limit in legion. I guess some people liked it, but eh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    Oh please tell us more about how People should enjoy their time on this Planet
    I mean if you want to be pathetic and claim how a company that makes video games "betrayed" you and whatnot, go ahead, it'll at least be amusing.

Good. Bye.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Telling people that you're getting physically sick because you can't view your character from a skyscraper is insulting to everyone's intelligence
    people like you, making these kind of comments don't posses any intelligence anyway.

the reason people whine is because this option was available for 10years and now they suddenly decided its an advantage? besides it has already been deconstructed many times on the official forum. their arguments are utter bullshit. the players who quit have all the right to do so and it does make some feel nauseous. only mistake they make is opening threads about it.

blizzard is not the company it was in the past, the only reason they give a reply is to hold up to customer/business relations. in other words, they have been full of shit for quite a while and that's the reason why so many players are just pissed off and have had enough of their crap.
    Last edited by mmocf56dd89877; 2016-07-21 at 11:07 AM.

This camera change is a pain in the ass for a Melee DPS, im sure its the same for range players aswell. Please fix this blizzard.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    I mean if you want to be pathetic and claim how a company that makes video games "betrayed" you and whatnot, go ahead, it'll at least be amusing.
    u know we pay Money to them ya ? so saying they betrayed us is perfectly fine

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeviona View Post
    This camera change is a pain in the ass for a Melee DPS, im sure its the same for range players aswell. Please fix this blizzard.. -.-
    again!
    push your fucking escape button, click on interface, then on camera and put your fucking slider to far!
    how in gods existent or non existent name is that so hard to get!?

do you want me to link the screenshot i took earlier again if its that hard to just check your interface?

Formerly known as Arafal

again!
    push your fucking escape button, click on interface, then on camera and put your fucking slider to far!

do you want me to link the screenshot i took earlier again if its that hard to just check your interface?
    AGAIN

ITS NOT ENOUGH

push escape -> interface -> camera -> slider to far
    wow that helped. So whats the problem now? Aint it like the old zoom out distance....I had leatrix plus addon to enable it for me before

edit: maybe its like a bit less max zoom.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO