Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the silence is given out, but then either put in or removed by a gm, depending if the receiver is guilty or not, is it so dificult to get that?
    Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.

"AFTER INVESTIGATION"

How hard is it for you to read? It should not be automated. They said it was investigation first then punishment. So they threw bullshit at us and added in an automated system that kicks in after a certain amount of reports which leads to a system that can be abused by multiboxers and trolls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    The Auto Squelch system is to remove people quickly and are given a ban of something like 3 hours. This gives blizzard time to review the chat logs and then deal further punishment if they see fit.
    So you imply the "Squelch system" punishment is not the silence punishment? When it works in identically to it? I don't care what name you give it to when it's identical to the silence penalty.
    If it actually banned you for that 24h, it wouldn't be technically lying, but it's applying the penalty they clearly stated wouldn't happen before investigation.
    any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty
    Is this really hard to understand? If you are reported under spam or abusive, you should not receive the penalty before investigation. Who cares if it's "Auto Squelch System" or anything else.

The best comment I've seen is "Great, now gold selling services start sell silences too".

the silence is given out, but then either put in or removed by a gm, depending if the receiver is guilty or not, is it so dificult to get that?
    You're still missing the whole point and the issue. So, I'll say it again, in BOLD this time.

Blizzard said the silence will ONLY be given out AFTER a GM investigation.

Here, I'll quote them for you

"Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty."

They CLEARLY specified that the sentence will be given out after investigation. This is clearly not the case. The sentence is automatic, which means it's easily abusable, as per what happened to the moose guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    You're still missing the whole point and the issue. So, I'll say it again, in BOLD this time.

"Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty."

They CLEARLY specified that the sentence will be given out after investigation. This is clearly not the case. The sentence is automatic, which means it's easily abusable, as per what happened to the moose guy.
    Who got his silence revoked, where as of Asmongold did not.

You are stuck on principle of execution.

7+ Year Old Account

yeah guess you are right, just more play on words on their point, as they coud simply say ?well the silence doesent go out till we investigate it, but people who are reported are squelched, not silenced"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Who got his silence revoked, where as of Asmongold did not.

You are stuck on principle of execution.
    Uhm because the fucking execution is not how they said it would work? They never mentioned once an auto silence feature/implementation and said that there would be an investigation first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.

"AFTER INVESTIGATION"

How hard is it for you to read? It should not be automated. They said it was investigation first then punishment. So they threw bullshit at us and added in an automated system that kicks in after a certain amount of reports which leads to a system that can be abused by multiboxers and trolls.
    You don't wait out the entire duration if it's being lifted.

yeah guess you are right, just more play on words on their point, as they coud simply say ?well the silence doesent go out till we investigate it, but people who are reported are squelched, not silenced"
    Bullshit way of worming round it. They know they have fucked up.

Deleted
    Uhm because the fucking execution is not how they said it would work? They never mentioned once an auto silence feature/implementation and said that there would be an investigation first.
    The end result is pretty much the same as they said it would be ; You are stuck on technicalities.

The end result is pretty much the same as they said it would be ; You are stuck on technicalities.
    No I'm stuck on facts they told us.

I'm pretty sure the squelch penalty is the same as the silence penalty.

It is.

/10 char

7+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit way of worming round it. They know they have fucked up.
    yeah but the issue is both sides have negatives : /

Silenceing people till somone can investigate it stops those people from spamming for hours till its solved
    Well letting peopl keep talking till the investigation goes in, would allow people to spam for hours

i think this system could be much better if it did 2 things

When people report it goes to these 2 requests...

1. Have they used alot of "banned words" like well N, or F, or etc...
    2. How many messages have they put in chat in the past X minutes...

then if they meet one of two things, silence them till investigation goes through...

that would stop people being able to abuse it, as it would require people to spam messages, or cuss before being "silenced till investigation" but hey, thats just my thought on it

yeah but the issue is both sides have negatives : /

Silenceing people till somone can investigate it stops those people from spamming for hours till its solved
    Well letting peopl keep talking till the investigation goes in, would allow people to spam for hours

i think this system could be much better if it did 2 things

When people report it goes to these 2 requests...

1. Have they used alot of "banned words" like well N, or F, or etc...
    2. How many messages have they put in chat in the past X minutes...

then if they meet one of two things, silence them till investigation goes through...

that would stop people being able to abuse it, as it would require people to spam messages, or cuss before being "silenced till investigation" but hey, thats just my thought on it
    Or they could just remove the auto silence kick in and actually review it first like they said they would. If me and 30 friends report you "for the lulz" and you were silenced is that fair? No it is not.

7+ Year Old Account
    well squelch is the same but "its until a gm investigates" were the silence is the 24 hours, and x2 each time, so you could be squelched 10 times, then be silenced and its still only 24 hours, where if you were silenced 11 times it would be 1,024 days...

- - - Updated - - -

Or they could just remove the auto silence kick in and actually review it first like they said they would.
    as i said, then people who are spamming, can spam for hours before silenced, both have negatives, so adding in these pre-requisites would solve the issue

Deleted
    No I'm stuck on facts they told us.
    Did it explicitly say, that you keep your talking privlege during investigation?

If you want to talk technicalities and facts, reference to the statement and read it very carefully.

It is exactly as it says. After the Investigation, the Silence penalty is put on you.

Did it explicitly say, that you keep your talking privlege during investigation?
    Gollowing the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.

Right there it says after investigation. There should be no automation in the matter. Moose guy and Asmongold had theirs after an automated system kicked in with no actual review.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-21 at 11:51 AM.

If you want to talk technicalities and facts, reference to the statement and read it very carefully.

It is exactly as it says. After the Investigation, the Silence penalty is put on you.
    There is no mention of a silence penalty PRIOR to an investigation, so that scenario you just pulled out of your arse is only feasible if Blizzard outright lied about the implementation of the system.

So thanks for proving everyone's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    OK this is truly disturbing. I'd rather not have the Silence feature than this be allowed. I am mature enough to ignore people that annoy me and that is enough for me if the alternative is decent people getting silenced by incompetence.
    Or by malice.

Deleted
    Gollowing the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.

Right there it says after investigation. There should be no automation in the matter.
    Again, did it say, that you keep your talking privleges, DURING investigation?

It simply says that the silence penalty, is applied unto you, after investigation.

The difference between the two situations is quite large.

One would mean that you would be silenced for X time, according to the amount of silence penalties before, whilst the other, is a temporary hold that only holds until GM's investigate.

And there is no contradiction. Reading in "no automation", is opinion on your part. It is not explicitly stated in the manner that you suggest it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    There is no mention of a silence penalty PRIOR to an investigation, so that scenario you just pulled out of your arse is only feasible if Blizzard outright lied about the implementation of the system.

So thanks for proving everyone's point.
    Silence penalty is different from being temporarily silenced.

Thanks for proving that you, including other posters, prove my point, to the letter.

You feel outraged about deception, when there is no deception.

You talk about automation, when there is no explicit restriction of automation, in the original statement.

The point is, you have different expectations than what the reality is, and what was literally stated - The fault is on your end, simply put.