Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inchoate View Post
    Blizz,

Have you reviewed the poll MMO-Champ Poll? (For some reason I cannot link it)

I would post directly to Blizz's site if I wasn't already unsubbed due to the worst expac in history. I have tested this restriction on PTR and I do not care how good legion is suppose to be or the hype therein because this is will not allow me to view it.

If blizzard thinks it is "unfair" that certain players (probably mostly new players) are unaware of this old capability, the resolution is not to smack the hands of the players who are using it. You should just allow it built in as an option to the default UI. As some one who has been using this for I can't remember how long, there are plenty of times I do something as astounding as USING THE MOUSE WHEEL TO ZOOM IN!

The arguements posted in the original blue post are invalid whereby:

"In a broad range of gaming genres (from RTS to Action RPG), being able to zoom out and see more of the world around you provides an objective advantage in the form of information. Due to that competitive advantage, camera-unlocking or increased zoom distance are features commonly found in third-party hacks for a variety of games. Whatever the maximum allowed, that's what competitive players will use in order to maximize performance, even at the expense of the game's overall look and feel."

This is opinion. I like it, and if you have not checked the poll above, so do approximately 70%+ of the players, an ASTOUNDING majority. In which case if the majority of players knowingly use a greater view distance this is NOT an unfair advantage in competitive play. Competitive play in raiding is considered the top 100 world guilds which in mythic can be attributed to 20 players in each guild resulting an approximation of 2000 competitive players. With the last known subscriptions at around 5 million, competitive play results in less than half of 0.1% of players. To be more clear less than 0.05%.

"your heroic Warcraft avatar takes up about as much screen-space as one of the dozens of marines you might control in a game of Starcraft" Please as someone who does not care for or play Starcraft what relevance does this arguement have? "Hey mom I can't see the board at school." "Here are some sun glasses sweetie." ............. ??????????????

"One option was certainly to just allow the in-game slider to go all the way up to the CVar hardcap. But that scale is beyond the one around which the game was designed at its core."

Are you telling me a company that has netted over billions from just the WoW product alone, you cannot figure out a resolution, even though you just went through and updated a lot of the visual engines instead you decided to downgrade our view distance? Or is their an internal conflict with the new action cam, and cuts on funding that all corporations eventually become greedy enough to do? I think this has largely to do with the new action cam feature. The action cam is great don't get me wrong I guess I just don't understand why it does work well at legions current max view distance (best results when zoomed in), while other games with a similar camera style excel at it (at all scrolling distances).

Bottom line people want to see MORE of your game and you are making a horrible business decision.
    So, not figuratively quitting?

This makes literally no difference. Sure it might be annoying for some and make a slight difference for raid leades. But for the remaining 99%. It wont effect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    You pay them money out of your own free will and if you dislike the service, you take the money elsewhere. Paying them does not mean they'll bend over backwards just for you.

I'm saying there was no betrayal, unless you seriously consider wow and/or blizzard as some life-long partner, in which case you have bigger problems than the max camera distance, character models and whatever other reasons of "betrayal" you came up with...
    so you are fine with Blizzard promising something and then just ignore it and spit in your face ? Ok whatever u like dude. im out

people who are fine with this shit are probably the same who buy a new Smartphone every Year build by underpaid People and #prayforX after every Terror Attack :> . pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Somehow I don't feel I will miss these people. If things like camera distance not able to make you a micro dot on the screen make you quit the game than I can only imagine what happens when other things go wrong for you in the game and how you react.

I mean I can only imagine logging into my guild with people I have know for years and saying "Fuck you guys.. never seeing any of you again because this camera thing.. yeah that's right.. it was always about me and you guys were here just to serve a purpose of my enjoyment. Fuck you.. no one here is worth it now that I can only make my toon an inch in size on the screen instead of a millimeter"

One can only imagine you must not have very many friends or a vibrate community you enjoy in the game. Which is likely more of the problem. Although I know.. I know.. you are and EVERYONE in it QUIT over it.
    So you do not care about people getting nausea because max camera distance lowered FOV? I'm sorry I get nausea and I cannot enjoy game anymore ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    This makes literally no difference. Sure it might be annoying for some and make a slight difference for raid leades. But for the remaining 99%. It wont effect anything.
    About 70% people disagree in MMOChamp poll ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    If you want to talk to Blizz, use their forums/customer service/Twitter, I doubt they will read this kind of whiny walls of text here. Also, if you quit over camera, you would have quit over something else soon anyways so yea, maybe its better that you quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Inchoate View Post
    Blizz,

Have you reviewed the poll MMO-Champ Poll? (For some reason I cannot link it)

I would post directly to Blizz's site if I wasn't already unsubbed due to the worst expac in history. I have tested this restriction on PTR and I do not care how good legion is suppose to be or the hype therein because this is will not allow me to view it.

If blizzard thinks it is "unfair" that certain players (probably mostly new players) are unaware of this old capability, the resolution is not to smack the hands of the players who are using it. You should just allow it built in as an option to the default UI. As some one who has been using this for I can't remember how long, there are plenty of times I do something as astounding as USING THE MOUSE WHEEL TO ZOOM IN!

The arguements posted in the original blue post are invalid whereby:

"In a broad range of gaming genres (from RTS to Action RPG), being able to zoom out and see more of the world around you provides an objective advantage in the form of information. Due to that competitive advantage, camera-unlocking or increased zoom distance are features commonly found in third-party hacks for a variety of games. Whatever the maximum allowed, that's what competitive players will use in order to maximize performance, even at the expense of the game's overall look and feel."

This is opinion. I like it, and if you have not checked the poll above, so do approximately 70%+ of the players, an ASTOUNDING majority. In which case if the majority of players knowingly use a greater view distance this is NOT an unfair advantage in competitive play. Competitive play in raiding is considered the top 100 world guilds which in mythic can be attributed to 20 players in each guild resulting an approximation of 2000 competitive players. With the last known subscriptions at around 5 million, competitive play results in less than half of 0.1% of players. To be more clear less than 0.05%.

"your heroic Warcraft avatar takes up about as much screen-space as one of the dozens of marines you might control in a game of Starcraft" Please as someone who does not care for or play Starcraft what relevance does this arguement have? "Hey mom I can't see the board at school." "Here are some sun glasses sweetie." ............. ??????????????

"One option was certainly to just allow the in-game slider to go all the way up to the CVar hardcap. But that scale is beyond the one around which the game was designed at its core."

Are you telling me a company that has netted over billions from just the WoW product alone, you cannot figure out a resolution, even though you just went through and updated a lot of the visual engines instead you decided to downgrade our view distance? Or is their an internal conflict with the new action cam, and cuts on funding that all corporations eventually become greedy enough to do? I think this has largely to do with the new action cam feature. The action cam is great don't get me wrong I guess I just don't understand why it does work well at legions current max view distance (best results when zoomed in), while other games with a similar camera style excel at it (at all scrolling distances).

Bottom line people want to see MORE of your game and you are making a horrible business decision.
    Can you just quit and avoid 'literally quitting'?

You can go into system and increase your max camera range with a slider. Like, literally. You 'literally' go into settings and 'litterally' fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    So you do not care about people getting nausea because max camera distance lowered FOV? I'm sorry I get nausea and I cannot enjoy game anymore ;(
    Well I certainly feel for you if this is indeed the case. I somehow doubt it is for most people though. For most people it is simply a childish lash out because they had and now they don't. So they will say or do anything to make the issue bigger and as stupid as possible.

The only issue I have with the camera is that some boss models are so large I can't see more than like 40% of them even with the camera at max zoom with the camera slider set to far. Like on Archimonde, I can't see above his kneecaps if I'm tanking.

It's not unplayable and I'm not gonna quit the game or anything like that, it's just a mild annoyance. I'd personally like to be able to zoom out another ~15-20%.

OP is a very weak human being and doesn't deserve to play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Can you just quit and avoid 'literally quitting'?

You can go into system and increase your max camera range with a slider. Like, literally. You 'literally' go into settings and 'litterally' fix it.
    I think you did not read rest of the topic since this slider do absolutely FUCK ALL! It is like half of what we get before.
    https://i.imgur.com/sQVcynC.jpg !
    Here you can see how much FOV we have been lost and because of that some people like me experience nausea, headaches and/or motion sickness.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    I thought the camera was too close but hten somoene pointed out that it was set to the closest distane in teh options, been fine since.

You don't need an isometric perspective like it's an RTS. If you do: Gid gud. Or however that is usually written.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I think you did not read rest of the topic since this slider do absolutely FUCK ALL! It is like half of what we get before.
    https://i.imgur.com/sQVcynC.jpg !
    Here you can see how much FOV we have been lost and because of that some people like me experience nausea, headaches and/or motion sickness.
    That is BS, you don't get motion sickness from that, you are just faking it. Munchausen syndrome maybe?
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-07-21 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    and again!
    IT TOTALLY IS!
    No, it is totally not.

I have to agree that holy fuck the camera is complete fucking shit. During our double buyer boost on Mannoroth last night it was such a goddamn pain in the ass. Dunno what the hell they were smoking when they thought that new camera is good. It's dogshit. Why didn't they just add it in as an option for whoever would want to use it and leave our normal fucking camera alone.

Good, quit the forum too.

remember to go into camera settings and set it to max. That helps a little bit. Im pretty much fine with it now, although my dragon takes up half my screen when im flying, thats a little annoying. I don't really miss being zoomed all the way out anymore.

Mmo-champ posters replying to the OP. Most of you are living up quite well to your reputation. One rung below league of legends players.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Because, just like with flying, they want you too look at the little art details and spell effects when you're playing the game. They think this will make you feel as though the game has more detail than it actually does.
    i'd be fine with that during leveling experience but no raider will really care about the sparkly shit on their belt during a progress fight. Dunno how blizz thought they'd make raiders care about it then. For leveling it's fine but for everything else we want full control of our options not what blizz says it will make it prettier... Seriosly want some of what they're smoking cause it seems like good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    That is BS, you don't get motion sickness from that, you are just faking it. Munchausen syndrome maybe?
    So you are implying you know me and you know how limited FOV (because camera max distance) affect me? Really nice of you ... People like you are disgusting since they think they know how other people feel like ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you are quitting, I would have to inform you that those kind of threads are not permitted on MMO-champion.

But as well, quitting for a camera distance seems a bit weird, worse than quitting because your model clips, or an ability is missing.

Doesn't the script for max distance work anymore?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    If this change is what makes you quit wow. Then imo, you should do it. It's so childish and ludicrous to get THIS upset with a change which "forces" you to play the game the way it has always been intenden to play. It makes your raiding harder? well, buckel up buttercup, you just have to get better at managing your camera angels. It's harder, but it's the way the game was originally intended to play and it is very, very doable. And stop whining like a little bitch