Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Loved the show, ALL the actors were brilliant - but the kids were really the most impressive part. More creepy shows from Netflix please!!

Awesome show. Can't wait for season 2

10+ Year Old Account
    another series to add to the binge watch list. theres too much good tv these days, argh!!
    Hi

Just finished watching. Enjoyed the series. Acting and writing was excellent. The only gripe I had was the black kid's character was annoying the hell out of me. He was way to negative and took every opportunity to call the girl "weirdo" most of the time in front of her. Thankfully that resolved itself by the end.

I did find it interesting that (ending spoilers)

That the kid chose the hydra as the next boss, considering what is happening to him and the possible setup for the next season.

Found this on reddit:

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished it and i enjoyed it allot. It seemed a bit short compared to other Netflix shows but the writing/acting/nostalgia was all there in spades.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Great show. Winona is an American treasure, even with all the stealing.

The kids were super believable, best child actors overall I've seen in a long time. The middle schoolers seemed like middle schoolers, and the high schoolers looked like they belonged in highschool(except Jonathan, he seemed to be in his early 20's)

My question/theory about the end is:
    Was the Demigorgon that El killed at the end even the same one that Jonathan, Nancy and Steve injured? Hop and Joyce were clearly tracking that one from the trail of blood and seemed to follow it to The Upside Down version of the town's library, but the Demigorgon that attacked the kids came from the school. We know from past experiences with the Demigorgon that the gates it creates are direct one-to-one translations as far as location between the main world and The Upside Down world, so there would be no way it could teleport from the library to the school. We saw a hatched egg, and Will coughed up worms at the end, so my belief is that it was an entirely different Demigorgon. They clearly imply there are more than one of the species, I just think we actually saw two different ones in the end. If so, why did the injured one lead them to it's lair and then disappear?

I havent been captivated by a tv show in such a long time.

Watching this was like going back to my childhood.

Great set up for a sequel and hope we havent seen the last of 11.

Shout out to D&D being a big part of the show.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished watching. Great show, solid 8/ like Stephen Spielberg directing the bastard love child of Stand By Me and Elfen Lied.

Big shout out to pretty much all the cast who were great. Particular nods to the four main kids.

And here's a sentence no one thought would ever get said: I think Winona Ryder deserves to win an award or two for her performance. As the actress that I was most familiar with, she had the hardest task convincing me that she was her character... By the end of the first episode I was 100% invested and at no point did I lose sight of her character and start seeing the actress.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Finished the whole season the night before last and I throughly enjoy it. Only issue I had was the ending where we see that the older sister is still with big hair dude.
    Yeah, wasn't a fan of that part... Did you see the look as she handed him the present though? I'm thinking season two things might change
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me back of those movies regarding kids we had in the late 80's-90's.

Story wise it got jumbled up a bit near the end in my opinion, found the first episodes more interesting, the build up so to speak. Will keep watching it if more seasons come out. Netflix is doing a real good job with releasing more and varied series of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Netflix is doing a real good job with releasing more and varied series of their own.
    My co-workers and I were talking about this the other day. If Netflix keeps on putting out awesome shows like this it's going to completely kill cable. Why pay $100 for TV with commercials when you're getting awesome shows with no commercials for $10? The only "problem" with Netflix shows is I can't help but watch them all quickly so I'm not occupied with a show for 13-24 weeks like network TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    My co-workers and I were talking about this the other day. If Netflix keeps on putting out awesome shows like this it's going to completely kill cable. Why pay $100 for TV with commercials when you're getting awesome shows with no commercials for $10? The only "problem" with Netflix shows is I can't help but watch them all quickly so I'm not occupied with a show for 13-24 weeks like network TV.
    With the amount of shows they are releasing every year, you are going to be hard pressed to really watch them all in one setting. I Believe that's part of their strategy have such a large supply of new seasons every year that you determine when to watch them.

Traditional TV is going away that's certain, if i look at my country i would end up paying around 20 for just that plus i want some half decent stations i would have to pay another 20, that's 4 times what i pay for netflix. The only reason is still put on the TV is not for movies or TV shows, since most of it seems to be consisting out of reality tv but for topicality programs but even those are now directly available online.

anyway getting off-topic

I watched this in two nights, very much enjoyed it.

I think there was one part at the end where one of the characters did something that left me scratching my head, but overall great show.

I was trying to figure out if the next season was going to be completely new story or a continuation of the first season, the ending left me thinking it could go either way, enough open tidbits to continue the story, but enough of a conclusion that I'd be fine if it moved on to something different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I think there was one part at the end where one of the characters did something that left me scratching my head, but overall great show.
    What was that? You can say it in spoiler brackets. [ spoiler]test[ /spoiler] without the initial spaces.

I was trying to figure out if the next season was going to be completely new story or a continuation of the first season.
    I heard it's a continuation - there were a few loose threads at the end.

Will vomiting up slugs. The Chief leaving food for Eleven.

In a way, I'm happy because although the ending was fairly conclusive, the actors/characters were so good, it would be a shame to discard them.

I particularly liked Eleven and the Chief, and if it was a show ending, would have liked to see them together, as substitutes for the parents and daughter they had lost.

Found it enjoyable enough. Was very "by the numbers" and quite predictable. I do not really feel it needed more than 6 episodes to tell the story so by the end it was pretty much "are we done yet" Having had called the show lock step for the last 4 episodes.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Man, yeah... This show is great IMO. I watched all of the first season last night, and after going in with very little in the way of expectations, I was blown away. I expected just a weird, SyFy kind of show, but what I got was a creepy, intriguing, drama filled, HBO kind of show.
    I am absolutely on board for another season of that show, and hope that it continues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks OP.
    Saw the ad for it and it didn't really spark any interest until your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Similar to what other people have already said, I, on a whim, started watching the first episode of the series while eating lunch last Sunday. Next think I know, the series is over and its after midnight. Rare that I actually binge watch a show like that but it was(is) that good. Really enjoyed the story.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Great show. Winona is an American treasure, even with all the stealing.

The kids were super believable, best child actors overall I've seen in a long time. The middle schoolers seemed like middle schoolers, and the high schoolers looked like they belonged in highschool(except Jonathan, he seemed to be in his early 20's)

My question/theory about the end is:
    Was the Demigorgon that El killed at the end even the same one that Jonathan, Nancy and Steve injured? Hop and Joyce were clearly tracking that one from the trail of blood and seemed to follow it to The Upside Down version of the town's library, but the Demigorgon that attacked the kids came from the school. We know from past experiences with the Demigorgon that the gates it creates are direct one-to-one translations as far as location between the main world and The Upside Down world, so there would be no way it could teleport from the library to the school. We saw a hatched egg, and Will coughed up worms at the end, so my belief is that it was an entirely different Demigorgon. They clearly imply there are more than one of the species, I just think we actually saw two different ones in the end. If so, why did the injured one lead them to it's lair and then disappear?
    Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines as you when I was watching it. I kind of have the beginnings of a theory about whats really going on, but more of just some observations.

[Massive Spoilers, please don't read if you haven't watched the whole show.]

I agree with you on the more than one Demigorgon thing.
    I found the giant egg to be on of the biggest "Oh shit!" things from the "upside down", because it was like "What kind of crazy ass monster lays an egg THAT big!?!... I NEED to see that monster!" Then very shortly after, I was like "Wait, if the Demigorgon hatched from the Egg, what are the slugs? Or if the Demigorgon is a matured version of the slugs, what hatched from the egg?"
    Also, I'm not sure if you noticed or not, but they never actually SHOW the Demigorgon as having anything to do with Will being over there at all, they only imply it. In fact, it is only by following it's blood trail to the library that they were even able to find Will at all. Could it have lead them there to find him?
    In one scene, the Demigorgon is shown crouched over a Deer which was bleeding, and from what we have been shown, it is the smell of blood which attracts and coaxes it out of the "Upside Down" which they implied was caused by the instinct to hunt, yet the best friend chick at the pool gets pulled into the upside down while bleeding, and when she wakes up, it is her making a sound that triggers it, and even then it still doesn't eat her; the next time we see her, she is just dead on the floor in the library with that slug thing crawling out of her mouth.
    You never actually see the Demigorgon kill or attack anyone unprovoked, it just seems to be a scavenger that gets lured by blood, and only becomes aggressive when it is attacked.
    I honestly think that the Demigorgon that we see isn't actually the main "bad" monster, it is just, like I said, a scavenger. When Jonathan and Nancy lure it out with their blood, they immediately attack it when it comes out from the Upside Down, so it starts to go after them, same thing at the school with the soldiers.
    IDK, I just think that there is something more intelligent in the Upside Down that used El to create the breach, and I think it has to do with those slugs or the egg.

Sorry for the big block of black, a lot of spoilers in my comment, and I don't want to give anything away accidentally.