Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    So you are implying you know me and you know how limited FOV (because camera max distance) affect me? Really nice of you ... People like you are disgusting since they think they know how other people feel like ...
    FOV has nothing to do with camera distance.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    FOV has nothing to do with camera distance.
    https://i.imgur.com/sQVcynC.jpg - are you sure? It makes me sick anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco
    Doesn't the script for max distance work anymore?
    Nope ;(
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

Uh, yes it does. The more you move a camera back the wider the FOV, the closer you get it the narrower the FOV is...
    FOV describes the opening angle of the camera (horizontally and vertically) , and it doesn't change with zoom.

What you think of is the frustum.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Wait what? Archimonde is entirely too big. I wasn't even complaining. I've been playing rpgs since I first started gaming so fuck you
    Why in the world are people bring up old content. Yes, at this point with 7.0.3 released, Archmionde is old content now. They didn't design the new camera distance around WoD content. Its irrelevant.

I find it ironic how most responses here are "L2Play" or "get used to it".

It reminds me of dps players who say they don't need raid frames. They never have a clue on what is going on around them and are in general very egocentric players that only focus on their individual performance.

With the current range you can't even see the max range of your spells in a large field of vision nor is it possible to be fully aware of mechanics happening around you or see what other players are doing. People who raid like this are the same as those that do not use addons or raidframes. Just bad raiders that have the luxury of tunnelvisioning like a simpleton while being carried by others.

The new max zoom is awfull for raidleaders, officers and other raiders that have been aware of their surroundings and raid dynamic for the past 10 years. We want it back for reasons that should not be hard to understand, so stop discrediting their entirely valid request.

Edit: Among high-end raiders there is already a hack/work-around going around to get the max camera to what it was. Personally won't use this yet since I have some hope left Blizzard will see their error.
    Last edited by Celestraza; 2016-07-21 at 12:36 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good one toxic player down.. That gives me peace of mind..

lolbye then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Why in the world are people bring up old content. Yes, at this point with 7.0.3 released, Archmionde is old content now. They didn't design the new camera distance around WoD content. Its irrelevant.
    I think you did not see beta and huge-ass bosses in LEGION ... It will be so nice to be mele and watch boss ass 99% of time xD
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    So you are implying you know me and you know how limited FOV (because camera max distance) affect me? Really nice of you ... People like you are disgusting since they think they know how other people feel like ...
    Delicious, you just called empathic people disgusting for their abilities.

And no, you don't get motion sickness from that kind of perspective.

I think you did not see beta and huge-ass bosses in LEGION ... It will be so nice to be mele and watch boss ass 99% of time xD
    I didn't even know how the bosses in MC and AQ looked like until I got in there way after and it had nothing to do with the FOV.

Deleted
    I don't understand the camera "nerf"... maybe I'm thinking too highly of Blizzard, but I always had the feeling that their QoL changes were always excellent and they adapted a lot of things players came up with.

But this is just limiting the options, it's as unnecessary as the Guild-rez removal for non-healer classes. These are all steps backward for no reason. I mean, they are literally going out of their way to make it less good, aren't they?

I personally don't care, never played more zoomed out than the limit you have in the game.
    The change is stupido tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Delicious, you just called empathic people disgusting for their abilities.

And no, you don't get motion sickness from that kind of perspective.
    Another doctor on MMO champion ...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you were using an undocumented console only setting you should have known it is not supposed to work like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    and that is why we needed it.

I am VERY happy.

If you lot dont like it, you shouldnt be playing rpgs, go play an rts or something.
    This is extremely unfair. I'm someone who didn't zoom out all the way, but there are members of my raid team, tanks and the like who are extremely disoriented without it, not being able to see where certain things are because of the legs of the boss taking up the entire screen is really cruel to ask of people who are used to functioning otherwise.

Basically at this point in the expansion it is punishing people rather than being introduced as a new standard of raiding. If it were me I'd scale Archimonde's model down if they're adamant about implementing this during a rough transitional period.

RPG elements in WoW making a return is a good thing, I've felt the game without grind to be tedium without any of the catharsis but this is not a case where I'd advocate people just put up with it. Mythic Archimonde was punishing enough last night with the nerfs to classes without camera difficulties adding to frustrations.

The Camera is not a bad change in the world, but in raids with giant bosses and massive landmass sweeping abilities that can come from anywhere, it is a serious kick in the bollocks to many.

Deleted
    I don't understand the camera "nerf"... maybe I'm thinking too highly of Blizzard, but I always had the feeling that their QoL changes were always excellent and they adapted a lot of things players came up with.

But this is just limiting the options, it's as unnecessary as the Guild-rez removal for non-healer classes. These are all steps backward for no reason. I mean, they are literally going out of their way to make it less good or less fun for some players, aren't they? Is it supposed to fix an unfair advantage? If yes, who even complains about minor stuff like that.

Personally, I'm fine with the max setting, but I see no reason as to why people shouldn't be able to zoom out even further.

Deleted
    Another doctor on MMO champion ...
    I'll be free at 10 tomorrow. Please bring the results of your previous examination and keep the consultation fee at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTod View Post
    If you were using an undocumented console only setting you should have known it is not supposed to work like that.
    And this is why you see only legs of boss in raids as a mele xD If Blizzard would create this game always keeping in mind that max camera distance (from UI settings) which was close they would NEVER made bosses which are size of small village ...

Seriously if you cant play your character with camera max distance slider all the way to the right. PLEASE QUIT! Whining over nothing. With the camera setting max now, your character is barely half an inch on the screen.

People here on MMO-C "MMO is about socializing!" With this complaining over max camera, WHY on earth would anyone want to socialize with the wow community.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    also

next time check your damn interface.
    (http://imgur.com/a/x4aXX here the unedited pic, shit becomes blurry when you make it smaller)
    ^^ this is exactly why blizz removed the feature, not a lot of people know about the console command LOL

Everyone knows that option, what the OP is crying about is the console command to zoom out 50x more, like see the whole stormwind
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-07-21 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    ^^ this is exactly why bliss removed the feature, not a lot of people know about the console command LOL
    Still not far enough ...

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Seriously if you cant play your character with camera max distance slider all the way to the right. PLEASE QUIT! Whining over nothing. With the camera setting max now, your character is barely half an inch on the screen.

People here on MMO-C "MMO is about socializing!" With this complaining over max camera, WHY on earth would anyone want to socialize with the wow community.
    I hope some day you will have health issues which would cause headache and nausea, just because someone removed max camera distance, and you cannot play one from your favorite games ... And if you will feel sad about it and write about it on forum I expect everyone to ridicule you, and say "you not like it then go away"...
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2016-07-21 at 12:45 PM.