Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Living story season 3 releasing on July 26

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/g...ns-on-july-26/

We’re excited to announce that the first episode of Living World Season 3 is coming to Guild Wars 2 on July 26, along with content and quality-of-life updates for several other game modes! In the aftermath of Mordremoth’s death, what comes next? Come together with your friends to mourn the losses you’ve suffered in battle—and to investigate an emerging threat.

Read on to find out what you can expect from this season, what you can do to prepare for action, and how you can celebrate with the ArenaNet development team on release day.

Do I need to have completed the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion story to play Season 3?

Purchase of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ is required to access Season 3, but you don’t need to have completed the expansion story.

What level does my character need to be to play Season 3?

Season 3 Living World content is intended for level 80 characters. Every purchase of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns comes with a Level-80 Boost so you can immediately get one of your characters into the new season of Living World content. This item is delivered to you in a free Shared Inventory Slot, which is yours to keep even after you use the character boost.

How do I unlock the episodes?

Just as in Season 2, you can unlock each episode for free by logging in to Guild Wars 2 any time between the episode’s initial release and the release of the next episode. If you don’t own Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, you can still log in to unlock the episode for free—it’ll be there waiting for you once you purchase the expansion!

What can I expect this season?

Living World Season 3 episodes will release every 2–3 months. We’ll bundle Living World episodes with the kind of content and updates we’ve been adding through our seasonal quarterly releases, but the frequency of releases may increase. Our goal is to deliver quality content on a sustainable cadence, so we can drive the story of Guild Wars 2 and open world gameplay forward while also supporting our other game modes.
    You’ll find out everything we’ve got in store for you on July 26!

But I still haven’t played Season 2!

From now until the release of the first episode, you can pick up Living World Season 2 as a bundle for 40% off through the gem store! And if you don’t want to play through it alone, stay tuned for tomorrow’s streaming schedule—we’ll let you know which of our partners are planning to play through Season 2 so you can follow along.
    Last edited by mmoc30ed4cc660; 2016-07-12 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    Yup, saw the video, looks awesome. Finally we'd see some further development on what happens. I wonder what's with that airship towards the end though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Yup, saw the video, looks awesome. Finally we'd see some further development on what happens. I wonder what's with that airship towards the end though?
    A guildmate is calling a crossover with the Dragonball universe, what with the spirit bomb at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    New the fractal was coming, didn't expect an actual narrative to come along with it.
    The return of Raid on Capricorn is also surprising.

I'm hoping these new episodes are bigger than the old ones because they're predicting a 2-3 month gap in between releases...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Have to remember to log in just to flag my account for having it unlocked so I don't have to pay for it later.

I'm expecting to see a bunch of other stuff too, like nu skyhammer and spiritwatch brought into ranked for S4, return of desert borderlands and a balance sweep. I gave S3 a miss since I got my wings done not long into them but I would probably get stuck in with new maps added in S4.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I just hope that this season will last more than 2 hours, not like the previous ones. Hopefuly new map and fractals that will give some kind of replayability, cuz they are targeting one season every 2-3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    I just hope that this season will last more than 2 hours, not like the previous ones. Hopefuly new map and fractals that will give some kind of replayability, cuz they are targeting one season every 2-3 months.
    All 8 of Season 2's chapters done in two hours? o.O I feel like even doing things at max speed I couldn't get through all of season 2 in only two hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    All 8 of Season 2's chapters done in two hours? o.O I feel like even doing things at max speed I couldn't get through all of season 2 in only two hours.
    Maybe he means per episode. Which would be more accurate

What will release on juli 26 is not an entire season either, just the first episode. Although hopefully a bigger episode than one from the second season considering how long the 'breaks' are between each episode.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    Maybe he means per episode. Which would be more accurate

What will release on juli 26 is not an entire season either, just the first episode. Although hopefully a bigger episode than one from the second season considering how long the 'breaks' are between each episode.
    Oh that would make more sense, thanks

Deleted
    the patch is now live

ugh so much downloading to do since my break

just logging in to get it free anyway lol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I have been getting the network errors, so haven't actually seen any of the new stuff.

I did see that ranger pets now remember their names when changed to other types now!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

um did I miss something? Where did this bloodstone come from? New zone has a giant old bloodstone and before you get to it everyones acting like you've known about it forever.

Anet story writing is piss sometimes
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    um did I miss something? Where did this bloodstone come from? New zone has a giant old bloodstone and before you get to it everyones acting like you've known about it forever.

The bloodstone is from the raid storyline. You get info about the raid storyline from those letters you pick up in the new zone.

Also, the new salvaging options is a godsend. Love the other QOL additions as well.

Deleted
    this whole bloodstone and white mantle thing reminds me a whole lot of the Templars and Red lyrium from the dragon age games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Bloodstones date back to GW1. Lorewise, scholars and researchers would know about them like they do about leylines and dragons. The White Mantle came back via the raids, though the story is presented in such a way that the non-raider isn't missing out on nothing but very minor details.

GW1 Wiki on Bloodstones:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Bloodstone

In the story we seen the return of Lazarus who has using his time in exile to rebuild the White Mantle. His motives are unclear at the end of the episode, but whatever they are they'll probably suck for Tyria if he isn't stopped. We also learn that Primordius is active, something that was completely unexpected. People thought Kralk was the next dragon we'd fight since lorewise the Pact was going to fight him before Mordremoth woke up. Maybe Lazarus is going to try to steal magic from the dragon? No one knows
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-07-27 at 12:08 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

So is there anywhere to get a story recap for all the blood stone/raid-centric story that I'll probably never see because I don't raid? About 30 minutes/an hour into the content so far and it makes just enough sense, but I fell like I'm missing tons of context.

Anet can continue to go fuck themselves for locking story behind raids and then making it a big part of the living story. Raiding is the worst fucking thing that's ever happened to this game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Whaaaat how did I miss this

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So is there anywhere to get a story recap for all the blood stone/raid-centric story that I'll probably never see because I don't raid? About 30 minutes/an hour into the content so far and it makes just enough sense, but I fell like I'm missing tons of context.
    All of the story from the raids is recaped by talking to Bennett in the new zone and by collecting the scraps of papers which fill out a a few journals which are actual items you can find in your bag after you hit the first scrap which goes with each journal. So you can go back and read the entries in chronological order. Of course the journals go into a ton of detail which was never covered in the raid, also it's not even close to difficult to follow the story and understand what's going if you haven't done the raid. All of the things are covered in the first story you just have to play the whole chapter and pay attention to the dialogues to follow things.