Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Your arguments? That post involved arguments? I must be so stupid that I missed.
    I realise that you must be frustrated that Turkey is becoming a dictatorship now and nobody here is supporting your views on how to deal with the Greeks being able to literally spit on your soil from their territory, but please... how about you stop antagonizing Greeks with some bullshit you made up in your head?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    how about you stop antagonizing Greeks with some bullshit you made up in your head?
    You need to point out in which post I antagonized Greeks, I certainly do not feel that way. Claiming Turkish and Greek culture are similar not antagonizing, it's pretty much a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    nobody here is supporting your views on how to deal with the Greeks being able to literally spit on your soil from their territory, but please...
    What? Do you mean the Islands? I didn't brought that up. It's either Ulmita or some other Greek.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-07-21 at 11:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will surely enrage me .
    Clearly taunts that are nationalistic in nature have no effect on you. /s

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Clearly taunts that are nationalistic in nature have no effect on you. /s

lol
    No, they don't. Only misinformation taunts me, whether it's Turkey, some other country, politics or some other topic. I've been called American nationalist in this forum, quite recently in fact if my memory serves me well. Clearly, defending something now equates to being nationalist.

The notion that an "attack" (in your mind) to cuisine would enrage me is quite hilarious actually.

Yo, this thread is transforming to Turkish bashing, lets not go there.

Kunt i know there are decent people in Turkey like in every country and i know that the government is usually the problem when a nation behaves like a douche. I dont't blame you or any other Turk here personally. I wish we could all be friends at some point.

Can't believe how biased and ignorant the Europeans are =D People claiming Turkey is getting closer and closer to be a dictatorship yet in real life we are more free than ever

We are economically ALOT better than we used to be 10 years ago, infrastructure is better, people are not banned to go universities because the cloth they wear etc.

You just hate muslims and thats why you think Erdoğan is an evil guy trying to be the emperor of the world In truth, he is not the evil guy your media and leaders wants you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Good thing you didn't insult Erdogan or else you'd be in Turkish jail for hurting his wee feelings
    Obvious troll is obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that Erdogan such a troll arresting press members and dismantling press companies that dare question him!

You'll be an interesting person to keep track of, seeing how your view changes and mentality changes the less freedom of expression you have.

I mean its not that you have freedom of speech?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-tu...-idUSKCN0YM1LP
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/23/wo...hemy-sentence/

Good thing you didn't insult Erdogan or else you'd be in Turkish jail for hurting his wee feelings
    Social media is full of people swearing and insulting Erdoğan (and his family) and i haven't seen any of my friends doing that got arrest and most of my friends are anti-Erdoğan. It's a lie you want to believe.

The only troll here is Erdogan fucking over Turkey with his tumblrina tier feelsies
    I meant the other guy (azerul) is troll not you. I quoted wrong person.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that Erdogan such a troll arresting press members and dismantling press companies that dare question him!

You'll be an interesting person to keep track of, seeing how your view changes and mentality changes the less freedom of expression you have.
    I made a mistake, and you made your second problematic conclusion in this thread. The worst thing is you know my stance against Erdogan, his mentality and his policies.

not everyone is out to get you
    Not everyone is out to get me, but you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerul View Post
    Social media is full of people swearing and insulting Erdoğan (and his family) and i haven't seen any of my friends doing that got arrest and most of my friends are anti-Erdoğan. It's a lie you want to believe.
    Is this a lie also?

Insulting the president is a crime punishable by up to four years in jail in Turkey. The law was used infrequently until Erdogan won the presidency in August 2014, since which time prosecutors have opened more than 1,800 cases for insulting him, including against cartoonists, journalists and teenagers.
    Apparently there is a law for it LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant the other guy (azerul) is troll not you. I quoted wrong person.

- - - Updated - - -

I made a mistake, and you made your second problematic conclusion in this thread. The worst thing is you know my stance against Erdogan, his mentality and his policies.

Not everyone is out to get me, but you are.
    Merely letting you think about what you are saying that's all. I know about your stance that's why i find it interesting that you are so quick to say that those removed from power are not simply people opposing erdogan but are all "Gulen related" you seem to make that statement almost with absolute certainty. Later on that changed to the "first purge" being just that.

I find looking at Erdogans political career we can almost with absolute certainty say that there will be opposition in there.We are speaking of the person that went and still goes after press and looks at twitter and other easy forms of communication that can't be easily censored as something bad. Finding that he won't completely use this to install his regime and rule for a long time means he's suddenly not that person that abuses his power to get his way.

I'm still very much doubting if the coup was really staged from Gulens corner, since they can tell you pretty much what they want to do whatever they please.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a difference between that and closing down press agencies that disagree with you.

Latest Sultan's comments about freedom of speech in al jazeera yesterday:

We are tolerant of freedom of speech, as long as it does not violate our freedom of speech.

Happy Democracy sultan's lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    Latest Sultan's comments about freedom of speech in al jazeera yesterday:

We are tolerant of freedom of speech, as long as it does not violate our freedom of speech.

Happy Democracy sultan's lovers
    lol that's golden.

Merely letting you think about what you are saying that's all. I know about your stance that's why i find it interesting that you are so quick to say that those removed from power are not simply people opposing erdogan but are all "Gulen related" you seem to make that statement almost with absolute certainty. Later on that changed to the "first purge" being just that.

I find looking at Erdogans political career we can almost with absolute certainty say that there will be opposition in there.We are speaking of the person that went and still goes after press and looks at twitter and other easy forms of communication that can't be easily censored as something bad. Finding that he won't completely use this to install his regime and rule for a long time means he's suddenly not that person that abuses his power to get his way.

I'm still very much doubting if the coup was really staged from Gulens corner, since they can tell you pretty much what they want to do whatever they please.
    This is not true at all. I exclusively avoided being too certain except education. Those teacher were members of the one and the only Gulenist Union, which were exclusively composed of the members of Cemaat. I've also said, numerous times in fact, that this is highly likely to transform into a witch hunt. Go read my post history.

Cemaat were able to do whatever they want up until 2013 I think. Then they clashed with AKP, which AKP emerged victorious. After that point, they had to hide themselves and were not able to make a call. They were not cleaned from the positions, but they were hidden.

The Kemalist officers kicked by Gulenists prosecutors claim this is indeed a Cemaat coup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Is this a lie also?

Apparently there is a law for it LOL
    Even if there wasn't a special law for insulting the president, she could still be prisoned for violating the penal code which bans insulting anyone (not just the president) Why would it be okay to insult someone? Is it ok if i insult you? Why dou you think it's okay to call Erdoğan monkey?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if there wasn't a special law for insulting the president, she could still be prisoned for violating the penal code which bans insulting anyone (not just the president) Why would it be okay to insult someone? Is it ok if i insult you? Why dou you think it's okay to call Erdoğan monkey?
    Difference between thinking it's okay and making it a criminal offense.

Is it ok if i insult you? Why dou you think it's okay to call Erdoğan monkey?
    Calling someone a monkey (or any other animal name) is not punishable in the vast majority of countries i can think off. Have you ever watched American talk shows? Have you ever watched British parliament lol?

Insulting someone is penalized in pretty much every part of the world, including Europe. The problem is the definition of insult, which Erdogan perceives as "every criticism".