Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    This bank robber has been feeding starving orphans for like 6 months, and they get reported by the bankers and get punished? The police fails again.

How do you know its automated?
    Asmongold gold silenced withing 30 sec of the reports :P

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone really believe these things would be reviewed?

Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Asmongold gold silenced withing 30 sec of the reports :P
    Once again, that's implying that it's because of that single event. Do you know what he did beforehand?

The whole "Guy got banned because of the multiboxer!" scenario, where it turned out that he got banned for botting himself should still be fresh on our minds, and that taught us not to believe everything the punished players says.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Until court decides whether you're guilty? I think not.

There is no police in WoW.
    It's Players -> GM (Judge).
    Citizen's arrest takes place for the duration until police takes over the suspect.

My point was, that your metaphor isn't very good.
    The player community represents the citizens.
    The silencing represents the citizen's arrest.
    The Blizzard employee reviewing the report represents the police.

There's no court in that metaphor now, since WOW is private property, and with that the police and court are the same.
    It's at Blizzards discretion to let you play, silence you, or ban you as they please.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I ve written a dozen posts in this forum and in official explaining how the new system can be used against those its meant to protect.

Roughly 48 hours later we have 1) penalties imposed on completely innocent people 2) general chat avoiding because of the scare caused by the new system. Absolutely everyone I know stopped using trade chat and they make the absolutely most generic descriptions in LFG in fear of people fooling around with the new system.

The saddest part of all is that BLIZZARD LIED AGAIN. A multi billion company that lies to its customers. Ofc one might say "ok what else is new" but in this case innocent people are being harrassed with the compliments of Blizzard. This is completely despicable.
    Volkswagen and really a LOTS of others multi billion companies, does this ring a bell?
    Nah only Blizzard is the true evil around here.
    P.S: i am also of the idea this system is really bad implemented, before you call me white-knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ideally it shouldn't be this abusable though.

This would just be silly. Just imagine what will happen to raiding guilds competing for realm first.
    It's a lovely black eye for the camp that declared how awesome this was, how surely it couldn't be abused, that anyone who opposed this was the problem, and that Blizzard would ensure that no one was punished on a report without merit.

I'm not sure how badly this could be leveraged to slow down world first guilds though. It can't affect their VoIP communications, and they'll avoid talking on public chat channels, especially during raid time, to avoid wipes due to people getting disconnected from being silenced. If they end up silenced they'll friend their raid team members to ensure whispers can get through. I'm probably not creative enough to figure out a way to mess up progression using this. Someone will surely try though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    We don't know that how long it takes for physical review of a report.
    That depends entirely on 3 factors..

1. how many employees working the cases.
    2. how many reports are in the backlog
    3. how long does the task procedure take to work a report case.

Now, if you work at Blizzard and have that internal knowledge, share it.
    If not, then we're as smart as before.
    It's a logical assessment:
    1 - Blizzard only needs to investigate the target of the reports, not the reports themselves, so if 10 people report 1 person, it's 1 investigation.
    2 - If Blizzard punishes fake reports and makes that known, the amount of fake reports will be greatly reduced.
    3 - With the 2 factors above, 1 GM can handle multiple realms.

Blizzard CAN make the system "non-abusable".
    They are NOT doing that.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This bank robber has been feeding starving orphans for like 6 months, and they get reported by the bankers and get punished? The police fails again.

How do you know its automated?
    How in the world do you compare a charity move to a robbery? Are you a bit slow? From what I see, your brain is as broken as this silence penalty system
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Once again, that's implying that it's because of that single event. Do you know what he did beforehand?

The whole "Guy got banned because of the multiboxer!" scenario, where it turned out that he got banned for botting himself should still be fresh on our minds, and that taught us not to believe everything the punished players says.
    Dude there have been like several examples but if you really want to know for sure just ask 5 guildies to report you and you will see

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    How in the world do you compare a charity move to a robbery? Are you a bit slow? From what I see, your brain is as broken as this silence penalty system
    I am comparing the spamming of Trade Chat to a robbery. Spamming is a reportable offense, and robbery is naturally a crime.

Just because he has done something nice doesn't mean that he shouldn't be punished when he breaks the rules.

7+ Year Old Account
    so basically what this means is that rether than getting the trade and general chat trolls silenced for the rudeness and crass topics they can just mass silence anyone who is being at all useful? thats pretty crappy
    there needs to be a fix before this too gets way out of hand
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Deleted
    The biggest issue with this system is that they lied.

Following the Legion pre-expansion, any player who is reported multiple times under the Spam or Abusive Chat categories will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty.
    People are getting the penalty where it's obvious no investigation took place. It's an automated system that just treats every report as legitimate. Then you have to wait for the investigation to be un-silenced. Pure.Fucking.Garbage.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am comparing the spamming of Trade Chat to a robbery. Spamming is a reportable offense, and robbery is naturally a crime.

Just because he has done something nice doesn't mean that he shouldn't be punished when he breaks the rules.
    There's a difference between spamming and posting in trade chat, which is what TRADE chat is for. The fact that I have to explain that to you says alot

15+ Year Old Account

1 - Squelch IS automated. So there you have your precedent.
    2 - It doesn't matter if he did something before. Silence should NOT be automated because Blizzard said it isn't automated.
    3 - He did say the last time any action was taken upon him was when his Mage's name got reported over 1 year ago, which is ironic, because that is also another feature that can be (although to a lesser extent) abused by players.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trade chat isn't designed for people to sit and blabber their stupidity in. It's for transactions between players. Very simple

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a logical assessment:
    1 - Blizzard only needs to investigate the target of the reports, not the reports themselves, so if 10 people report 1 person, it's 1 investigation.
    2 - If Blizzard punishes fake reports, the amount of reports will greatly decline over time.

With the 2 factors above, 1 GM can handle multiple realms.
    What an employee handles or not is part of your/our speculation.
    But subject to business practices and quality assurance protocols.
    To only look at the target of the report is a dangerous, because very flawed approach.
    That's prejudice galore then.. Oh, look, he's got a history. Must be true. BAM... BAN..
    No no.. You've investigate the case more thoroughly than that.
    The accusations have to be looked at too. That's needed to spot any spoof reports.
    Else 10 people can at will target whomever and get that person punished for no reason.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    There's a difference between spamming and posting in trade chat,

And you know that he hasn't spammed based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by Korkk View Post
    I guess the GM who investigated didn't like all the friendship. Since no one will be silenced without an investigation, right?
    I don't really get it, you guys know it automates if there's a high frequency of reports right? The exact same thing happens with the old reports as well. That's why there was controversy over that multi-boxer getting people banned.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you read my example.
    I'm saying it's not the police that's "arresting" you in WoW. It's the players - with the power to act like vigilantes until "the police" gets to review your case.
    Asmongold got "arrested" in 30 seconds.
    as said below, if your looking suspicous like you have a toy gun on your back, that looks like a assault rifle, and painted over the orange tip to make it look real, somone could pin you down and put you under citizens arrest until the police arive :P
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    What an employee handles or not is part of your/our speculation.
    But subject to business practices and quality assurance protocols.
    To only look at the target of the report is a dangerous, because very flawed approach.
    That's prejudice galore then.. Oh, look, he's got a history. Must be true. BAM... BAN..
    No no.. You've investigate the case more thoroughly than that.
    The accusations have to be looked at too. That's needed to spot any spoof reports.
    Else 10 people can at will target whomever and get that person punished for no reason.
    What I mean is that when 30 players report 1 player, Blizzard employees shouldn't have a "queue" of 30 reports to investigate. If they do it's a stupidly designed system.
    All they need to investigate is 1 person (and what the person has been typing, doing, etc) AND if the person doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong, then perhaps investigate the people who reported said person to see if the reports were fake and take action upon THOSE found to be abusing the system.

---

Also, if Asmongold was punished for abusing the system, he shouldn't have been the only one.
    All the people who reported him should be just as punished, as they did so for no reason other than someone's request.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-07-21 at 01:24 PM.