Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBlazin View Post
    Why do you compare the squelching system with the silence system? If you had watched the video you would know that it was the silence system not the squelch system. Even says so in the email. If Squelch system=Silence system, why did they introduce the silence system in the first place?
    because the squelch system has been in the game for along time, if you got X spam reports you would be silenced, but before it was for X time, now it keeps you silenced till a GM checks the report, and sees if its fake or not, if its fake they will revoke the silence, if its not, they will let the 24 hr silence play out

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    as said below, if your looking suspicous like you have a toy gun on your back, that looks like a assault rifle, and painted over the orange tip to make it look real, somone could pin you down and put you under citizens arrest until the police arive :P
    Except this isn't until the police arrive.
    It's until court action - the GM - the Judge.
    Get pinned!
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    What I mean is that when 30 players report 1 player, Blizzard employees shouldn't have a "queue" of 30 reports to investigate. If they do it's a stupidly designed system.
    All they need to investigate is 1 person (and what the person has been typing, doing, etc) AND if the person doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong, then perhaps investigate the people who reported said person to see if the reports were fake and take action upon THOSE found to be abusing the system.

---

Also, if Asmongold was punished for abusing the system, he shouldn't have been the only one.
    All the people who reported him should be just as punished, as they did so for no reason other than someone's request.
    they have to look at what is said in each report, as some people may report different things he said... so they have to go through all the reported chats... then they move onto the next reported player... you seem to know nothing about how anything works...

they cant just go "ok 30 people reported... and lets read... number 13... ok he reported him saying "hi everyone" ok welp looks fine, unsilenced "(meanwhile the rest are racist commets) they need to go through every report...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Except this isn't until the police arrive.
    It's until court action - the GM - the Judge.
    Get pinned!
    no its until the gm arrives to read what happend and goes "oh ok nah your good" or "your silenced for the next X time"

as if the police officer arrives and notices its a toy gun he will go "oh, sorry you should be more carful with toy weaons like that, etc" not "ok welp this was a acident on both sides, your in court in 15 days until then you are going to jail with me"

you get reported, you are silenced till a gm sees the report, and goes "sure or no" this could take a few hours to days maybe even minutes if your lucky

somone puts your under citizens arrest, then the officer drives over in his car to see if its false or real...

oh sorry you refuse to let us call them officers as examples here let me make this easier for you

somone puts your under citizens arrest, then the judge drives over in his car to see if its false or real...

there you happy!?

also why is this like cour action? the people report you, the "officer" comes and says "yes" or "no" the people dont report you, gm comes in and says "sorry im just a gm, im sending this straight to the court of chris metzen!"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-21 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of the Youtube copyright complain issues. Punishment doled out before a review if anything was actually done in violation.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    This reminds me of the Youtube copyright complain issues. Punishment doled out before a review if anything was actually done in violation.
    well however with youtube people are losing money, and possible having their channel completely removed without warning, or doing nothing wrong, simply by people making false claims, also that only requires 3 people

where this, you are not losing money, and not getting banned without warning or reason, made by about 6+ people making false claims

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    "The anti blizzard patrol" accepts that the silence was reversed, but notes that the damage has already been done, the reversal did not undo it.
    Sorry, but I'd rather have some people get their silence reversed than to leave the trade trolls unchecked. We already have this forum for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    It's obvious the system needs to be changed, but I'm fine with him getting silenced in this case, even though it was through the system getting abused by people who wanted to sell the mount themselves ( lesser of 2 evils situation). Pathetic losers who can't invest the time or develop the "skill" to archive something you are MEANT to dedicated time and "skill" to don't deserve the reward.

Guess what? I REALLY wanted the mount from mythic archimonde and my guild was 9/13M but we didn't manage to kill him on time. Guess what that means? It means I don't deserve the reward because or skill wasn't good enough to defeat him on time ( the guild decided to go on a break until legion but even if we hadn't we wouldn't have made it in time). I'm not going to pay for something that you're meant to have skill to achieve, just like i'm not going to pay to get gold CM because if I can't do it then I don't deserve it. So this guy getting silenced will at least make it harder for these people to get the mount.
    Yeah because helping players for free for some pixels is such a bad thing.

because the squelch system has been in the game for along time, if you got X spam reports you would be silenced, but before it was for X time, now it keeps you silenced till a GM checks the report, and sees if its fake or not, if its fake they will revoke the silence, if its not, they will let the 24 hr silence play out
    Any evidence of that besides one green post from 2011?

Besides, even if the system was there, it just means we were sitting on a bomb without knowing it. It doesn't make the bomb less dangerous. And now everybody knows we are sitting on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Sorry, but I'd rather have some people get their silence reversed than to leave the trade trolls unchecked. We already have this forum for those people.
    No problems with that, I just don't think it will turn out the way you imagine, but you are free in your wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Any evidence of that besides one green post from 2011?

Besides, even if the system was there, it just means we were sitting on a bomb without knowing it. It doesn't make the bomb less dangerous. And now everybody knows we are sitting on it.
    the squelch? yeah because you could do it before the patch, but no one really cared, as it was minor time, like a hour, and required alot of reports...

and no, cause as is proven, as long as you do nothing wrong, a gm will remove it, yes it sucks for the time being, but a gm will remove it, and most likely stop the ones who are reporting you falsely, from reporting again

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    And you know that he hasn't spammed based on what?
    Because trade chat prevents you from posting too many times in a short period? Do you need me to explain every basic of this game?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

the squelch? yeah because you could do it before the patch, but no one really cared, as it was minor time, like a hour, and required alot of reports...

and no, cause as is proven, as long as you do nothing wrong, a gm will remove it, yes it sucks for the time being, but a gm will remove it, and most likely stop the ones who are reporting you falsely, from reporting again
    I am going to repeat my question: any evidence of the automatic squelch / silence being there before the change besides one green post from 2011?

And it doesn't matter that a GM will remove it, if it is unfounded, the damage is already done by that time.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It doesn't matter how rare the case is.
    Actually it does. The fact is that the behaviour this feature is aimed at eradicating is a cancer on the game which negatively affects a lot of people's gaming experience. At the end of the day it comes down to an analysis of where the greater harm lies.

It is completely irrational to avoid implementing a feature which will save a million players from verbal abuse just in order to save a handful from having a short term silence which can be easily overturned, and for which Blizzard can apologise. Surely any reasonable individual can understand this?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It matters that they have made a system that can easily be abused just like the shitty right click report system. And far as we know there is no penalty for abusing it.
    As far as we know there could be a penalty. And honestly, unless the guys implementing this system are complete idiots, then there should be. Because it's bloody obvious that without said penalty the system won't work. But hey, even if there isn't already a penalty in there, it's not like they can't add it, and it's not like they are so stupid that they won't think of it.

Anyhow I am waiting with bated breath for the wave of complaints from people about how they have been unfairly punished after trying to abuse the silencing system because Blizzard didn't tell them that they would.

Surely the problem is that Blizz said it worked a certain way but it either does not or has added systems?

Would have been so hard as to say that a more permanent silence will be applied after investigation, though an immediate 24hr "squelch" would the applied until then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I didn't say world first, any server first. Also can you not report people from /who?
    I can't. Can you? Serious question, I have some social addons that might be interfering. If you can, that's a problem. If you can't, I stand by my statement that the potential for abuse is so small that the benefits make the occasional hiccup are totally worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Working as intended. Happy blizzard has this feature now. There are so many little cases that wrongful silences happens but can easily be reversed. Where its intended target is successfully silenced. The person silenced can go to blizzard's support site and submit a ticket if wrongfully silenced. This system is worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said in the Toxic player thread a few weeks back that policing of this would be horrible and lead to lots of false positives.

Guess I was right.

Ironic that a system designed to stop toxicity actually helps support it.

Guess I was right again.

I feel good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    In the few moments I took to check the twitter, it seems to me like it's one of the people who were trying to help people get the moose for free from HFC got reported by a ton of people who were trying to sell the mount instead and got him silenced even though he did nothing wrong.

That being said, I would like a bit more info behind this if anyone happens to have more than just the guy's twitter account?
    Haha... that fucking WoW community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Actually it does. The fact is that the behaviour this feature is aimed at eradicating is a cancer on the game which negatively affects a lot of people's gaming experience. At the end of the day it comes down to an analysis of where the greater harm lies.

It is completely irrational to avoid implementing a feature which will save a million players from verbal abuse just in order to save a handful from having a short term silence which can be easily overturned, and for which Blizzard can apologise. Surely any reasonable individual can understand this?
    What counts as cancer that affects a lot of people negatively? I think a lot of normal fun and chat is going to be removed as well with this feature. Like how many people call Twitch.tv chat as cancer, but obviously even more actually enjoy and participate in it. Even the participators call it cancer from time to time as a joke. I think that's a prime example of what this system could remove.

Anal[item] is already confirmed as being silenced in official forums. Yeah it's "cancer", but many people enjoy it in otherwise empty chats. I don't think the silence is a good choice.

Cursing is also on their list of unacceptable behavior. Maybe even the words bloody, cancer and idiots you used in that post would constitute as a reason for silencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    I said in the Toxic player thread a few weeks back that policing of this would be horrible and lead to lots of false positives.

Guess I was right.

Ironic that a system designed to stop toxicity actually helps support it.

Guess I was right again.

I feel good.
    Not ironic at all. Obvious more like. They probably won't reverse this either.

I can't wait to hear from GMs mad they are getting live chats for shit unrelated to the ticket because in order to get into a Live Chat you have to write dumb shit on your ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    Working as intended. Happy blizzard has this feature now. There are so many little cases that wrongful silences happens but can easily be reversed. Where its intended target is successfully silenced. The person silenced can go to blizzard's support site and submit a ticket if wrongfully silenced. This system is worth it.
    Baaaaaaaaaah.