Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Some parts of it, yes. Compared to some other 'rich' countries, yes.

Danish state citizen.
    As a fellow Dane, ill agree that it isn't perfect. The best part imo is free education - college, uni , you name it you can even get paid for it for a certain amount of time, so can't just study forever :P

moreso now than on the 23rd of june yes. but majoritively no. I mean there are places in this country where you can be arrested for being 'offensive' something which is completely subjective. it's beyond retarded.

I'm also a mudblood (half septic half brit) and honestly, not really on the US side if I'm honest.
    Last edited by Raldazzar; 2016-07-21 at 01:27 PM.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    then i will be proud of the country and our people for keeping her out of office.
    Considering the alternative, I would probably lose all faith in the american political system if that happened. But I think the hateful clown won't do too well on election day. We had a visitor from an american lady a few days ago, that turned out to be a hardcore Reagan-fan, and even she felt that Trump was too stupid and terrible to become president.

OT:

I don't feel pride, but I feel lucky that I've grown up in Norway. Not the most important country in the world, to say the least, but it's always been a safe, clean and helpful towards people that don't have too much going for them.
    Mother pus bucket!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part, there aren't many other countries I'd be willing to move to.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Yes, very much so. After a cycle of huge wars that occurred every generations, we've secured the peach for 60 years, at least in the industrialized world.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    then i will be proud of the country and our people for keeping her out of office.
    ignorance at it's finest folks. Am I proud of my country? I like the country there are opportunities you can't get anywhere else. I 'm not really proud of it as we stick our noses where it doesn't belong way too often and more than not we have a side agenda when we do intervene, I dislike a large portion of the people much like the quoted poster they are ignorant of a lot of things, entitled and selfish, and they mostly ignore the idea of helping others with no reward.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2016-07-21 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    I am beyond ecstatic I live in America.

It's a paradise where I live, the only garbage that comes into my life comes through the TV and internet.

Am I proud? Historically sure, even though I had nothing to do with it.

I do think America has been a net gain for the rest of the world, but at the same time one it's biggest problems.
    Rest assured, America has been a huge net gain for the rest of the world.

No. Because I know it could easily be better for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yes, very much so. After a cycle of huge wars that occurred every generations, we've secured the peach for 60 years, at least in the industrialized world.
    I know it's probably not what you meant. But can you send the rest of the world some of those peaches too? Love me some peaches!

Not at all, most people are corrupt as fuck, taxes are ridiculously high and the government is absolutely useless, the only good service it provides is college, but they are working hard to fuck that one up too.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not proud of my country... because pride is a sin and I generally try to avoid sinning.

Proud? Not in the slightest. Thankful to live here, sure. I could name dozens of countries off the top of my head that are worse in almost every imaginable way.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    ignorance at it's finest folks. Am I proud of my country? I like the country there are opportunities you can't get anywhere else. I 'm not really proud of it as we stick our noses where it doesn't belong way too often and more than not we have a side agenda when we do intervene, I dislike a large portion of the people much like the quoted poster they are ignorant of a lot of things, entitled and selfish, and they mostly ignore the idea of helping others with no reward.
    you don't like us sticking our nose where it doesn't belong, yet you support the woman that has fully and totally not only supported, but PUSHED FOR our intervention in libya, and the shit in egypt, AND the crap we're doing in syria.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the country there are opportunities you can't get anywhere else.
    Which opportunities are these??

Seems like a pretty ignorant thing to say as well. lol
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2016-07-21 at 02:10 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Not al all. I don't care much about my country.

Holland.

And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free...
    OT: No, not particularly. Hard to be proud of a country that only acts because there are a multitude of self-serving interests colliding into each other without form or purpose.

when this election is over and Trump loses I'll be much more proud to be sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    you don't like us sticking our nose where it doesn't belong, yet you support the woman that has fully and totally not only supported, but PUSHED FOR our intervention in libya, and the shit in egypt, AND the crap we're doing in syria.
    where did I say I support her? Learn to read Derp Learn to read

I'm proud of the USA because it doesn't matter who the masses of idiots vote for we are still the country in the world.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

where did I say I support her? Learn to read Derp Learn to read
    well, donald trump claims to be against that type of action. being proud of the country for saying no to it, is the right way. wanting trump to beat hillary is kinda the right way. would i prefer someone else with more left leaning ideas? yes, but trump is the only non-interventionalist candidate available.